• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Post-mc follow-up scans..?

You know what, I just spent 10 mins playing with my chart - I think there's a chance I actually o'd 8 days ago... I overlayed my chart from this month with the one when I got pregnant and it matches really closely if it tell it to think I o'd 8 days ago rather than 4... Think we'd still be ok because we tried to cover a window of a couple of weeks, but if I lose my current uncharacteristic patience I might be able to test a little earlier!

Really glad the opks are looking promising - now go away and dtd!!!!! :)

Lol, got the night off dtd tonight, as it's not O day yet and we dtd last night lol!! It's too much doing it every night lol!! Think my oh may pass out if we do it again tonight (he has the lung capacity of a 4 year old coz he smokes too bloody much!!).

I'm annoyed coz I was cd17 last month when ingot my positive opk and today is cd17.....my cycle seems to be getting longer!! On the bright side they are getting darker so hopefully it's the next few days but I've only got 2 opk's left!!! Might buy some of Asdas cheap ones.....if they do cheap opk's??

Ah yes they do their own brand, £7 for 5 so if neither of my existing opk's are positive ill but those. I need to know when AF will be due if my cycles are getting longer otherwise I'll be thinking I'm pregnant when I'm not and testing too early!!

I bought a bumper pack of first response tests cos I thought I'd have a go on Sunday. Then I figured I might as well test this evening...BFP...!

Aaaaaand now mostly terrified :)

OMG!!! Congratulations cherry!! That's amazing news!! What dpo are you?? Have you felt pregnant? Did you have any symptoms?? Yayyyyy!!!

Did you say you had been using the preseed this month? So many questions lol!!

FF thinks I'm 12 dpo today (so tested 11dpo) but by my chart I think I actually o'd 4 days earlier than it thinks, so it would have been 15dpo. It was cd31 anyway.

We did use the preseed a few times, but I never used the applicators, just squeezed out a little dollop.

Symptoms...yes and no. The couple of days before I tested I had random CM out of nowhere, which was strange because I didn't have much in the way of CM at all around ovulation. Apart from that, I had sort of muscular twinges that felt familiar from when I was pregnant before. They were quite high up, so I wasn't sure if they were really anything because I was expecting something low and in my tummy, rather than higher up at the sides. And I kept waking up really early (like 5-5.30) - but that could be because I was anxious about what my temp would be! And I think I'm thirstier than I usually am (I don't usually drink much at all, and I was getting to work gagging for a glass of water!)

At the moment I have quite an achey tummy, so I'm not assuming everything's plain sailing just yet. It feels like AF is trying to come...I know that some early preg symptoms feel like AF but that's not hugely comforting! TMI warning: when I have AF it often really aches after I go to the loo, almost like it's all rearranging itself in there. And it keeps feeling like that. Anyway, I'm going to leave it a week or so before making an appointment with the GP.

How's things with you? How long til you can test..?

xxx

I hope it all goes ok for you then hun and this is your sticky bean!!! I bet you are so excited!!

Whats your edd?? If I am pg this month my edd is 5th April! But I'm not feeling it tbh. I know it's only 4 dpo but don't feel anything. Although I did have some spotting, very very very little, a couple of days ago but it's too early for inplantation spotting so now I'm convinced I imagined it!!

To be honest, I'm not that excited yet! I'm trying not to panic, and to remember that 75% of the time everything's ok. So I'm trying to assume everything will be fine, and was thinking about when we can tell people etc, but then there's a little part of me screaming at myself not to let my guard down just yet in case it all goes wrong again.

I'll be marginally less paranoid once I get past the stage where it went wrong before, then a bit better after the 12 week scan, then a bit better after the next scan, then a bit better when it gets big enough to survive if I had to give birth horribly early..... And then I'll just start panicking about how to look after a real live baby! Maybe I should be less pessimistic...

Depending on when I o'd FF has my edd at 28 March or 1 April - which coincidentally will be exactly one year after the mc.

Fingers crossed for you hun - pretty sure I didn't feel anything out of the ordinary for the first week or so after o so don't count yourself out just yet!!

xx

Not to quote cherry but guess what???

Attachments

• 5eafc48c.jpg
    5eafc48c.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1
YAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!! BUMP BUDDY!!!!!!

I just squealed so loud I freaked oh out! That's brilliant news!! I'm so happy for you :) xxxxxxxx

Lol!!! I'm so excited and yet so nervous lol!! Have you guys told anyone? I have no idea what to do!! My oh doesn't want to tell anyone, but my mum would be so upset if I didn't tell her, plus I probably have to tell work too coz its a physical job. I just don't wanna tell his parents coz they weren't exactly over the moon last time and now we are just about to book our wedding. I just know they'll be all negative and say we can't possibly afford a baby and a wedding.......and then sadly I think I'm getting ahead of myself coz I'm only 12dpo and not even 4 weeks pg yet so need to not get carried away. It's not nice thinking that. But FX'd this will be our sticky hobbit (me and oh are only 5 ft 3 lol so our baby will be a tiny hobbit) xxx

Oh my freaking god!! I take a few weeks off b&b (all the mmc stories freaking me out) and come back to find you are both preggers!!!!! Amazing, April babies hopefully!!!! Any symptoms yet? I didn't really have that many till 5/6 weeks +.

So the preseed worked Cherry.... Told ya, it's magic!

Got my 12 week scan Wednesday this week, am really terrified something will be wrong. However I've still got symptoms plus at night I have a little bump!!! It is true that your symptoms decline after 10 weeks which does make you panic.

Girls.... I think we'll all be ok!

Preseed worked for me lol!!

So glad you popped in pebbles!! Think it's hard to be in here with people having had mc's isn't it. I'm trying my hardest to be positive and enjoy this pregnancy coz I loved being pregnant last time and talking to my little bean!!

Can't believe it's your 12 week scan already!! I really hope it will all be fine and then you can show us your scan pic!! We should move this thread to the PAL forum now really shouldn't we lol!!
Isn

And yes my edd is April 2nd based on my LMP but I've set my ticker to match when I ovulated coz I want to be prepared for my baby to perhaps be a week smaller than expecte when I eventually go for my scan.

Hi both,

Pebbles! Glad you're back - I assume everything's been smooth sailing so far? Exciting about your scan!!

Only real symptom I've had is mega sore boobs, which I got last time as well. Bailey, we've not told anyone yet and we're planning to keep it to ourselves until 12 weeks. Which is actually going to be frikkin difficult because when I'm around 10 weeks we'll be going to America for a family wedding, and spending 10 days solid with oh's family, including sharing a camper van for the whole of the second week with 2 of his cousins and their partners. God knows what excuse I'll have to come up with for not drinking for all that time...

OH's sister lives over in Oz and her little one has been/is seriously ill at the moment, so we didn't want to give OH's parents something else to worry about and decided to wait til we're out of the first trimester woods :)

I've done the same thing with my dates Bailey. I've told the various apps and things that I've got that I'm due April 1, but when I went and told my GP I was preggers last week the autodate was 25 March. I reckon I'll prob be nearer April 5 when they actually date me though.

I've actually left work early today cos I feel like crap. I visited my dad's yesterday and he has a cat - I usually drug up on antihistamines before I visit but I couldn't this time! The GP said I could use a nasal spray which i did, but it doesn't make a dent. I'm still like a massive snot monster today and just couldn't function so caved and came home to bed. Which is all a bit sad really cos there's no way I'm risking this again when I'm further along, so looks like I won't be visiting Pa for a while..!

Pebbles I love that you have a bump!!! I can't wait to have a bump! Let us know how it goes on Weds!

What's the PAL forum? I haven't really been on here much (apart from talking to you two!) since the mc, think it got me a bit down reading either all the stories about MCs, or how other people were getting pg so easily!

xxx

Oh this is so exciting. It's been smooth-ish sailing I would say..... A small bleed at 6 weeks and then some very pale brown spotting at 10 weeks.... Not really what I wanted to see. Let me warn you when/if you see blood in this pregnancy you will FLIP out. However what I noticed was that each bleed was very sudden and then I returned to normal white cm within a day. With my mc once I started having blood, I saw it every day in differing amounts. So.... I think I'm probably okay.

Yes mega sore boobs, that was my earliest symptom too. I need a wee once/twice in the night most nights too plus early on I had really crazy dreams that were very clear. More recently I've got blue veins on my boobs and sides of my tummy and in the past week I can feel my uterus - it sort of feels hard!

I bet you'll tell by 10 weeks Cherry... We said no telling either apart from parents but we've told a few other people too. I just can't keep it in!

Are either of you getting an early scan? I got one at 6 weeks after my bleed but you can also get a private one for about £85. Well worth it I'd say!

Hey ladies,

How weird my major first symptom was sore boobs too!! Still very sore today! And extreme tiredness, I went to bed at 8pm on Saturday night. Oh and my chocolate craving is back!!

I wont be getting an early scan unless I have a bleed or extreme pain, coz my mmc showed that my baby had measured 11 weeks + 3 I don't think an earlier scan would make me feel any better to be honest.

The PAL forum is the pregnancy after loss forum, although I have noticed that there are a lot of 'established' threads on there so I've just started my own lol!!

I am soooooo excited now though. I know what you mean about telling people pebbles, at first my oh said to tell noone at all but we have agreed parents and brothers can know in a couple of weeks once I feel I am definately pregnant lol!! Right now I still feel like it might not be true yet and I don't wanna feel like I am definately pregnant, weird huh??

I don't reckon we'll be getting an early scan either - I mentioned it to oh and he made the good point that if we have it and all's well it'll be harder not to tell when we're away, and if it's bad news we'll just be miserable the whole time. So we'll hang on. I reckon we'll end up having the scan nearer 14 weeks though, after we're back from the wedding.

Pebbles did you get any sickness in the end? Or any pain or anything when you had your bleed? I've had some small stabby pains today which have activated my inner pessimist....

I remember having weird and very vivid dreams last time, but I kind of put it down to the fact that I was preoccupied with being pg! And yup I reckon I've averaged a couple of toilet trips every night as well.

Maybe we will tell a bit early....but it definitely won't be before we get to the point where it went wrong before - which is around 18 August. Once we get past then I might relax a bit!!

Bailey we must be within a few days of each other right..? We'll have to compare bumps when they start to appear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->