Post partum bleeding and sex

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
I'm 7 weeks post partum today, after a normal vaginal delivery. I saw my OB at 4weeks and she was happy with my healing. I had a 3rd degree tear but it was healing well. I got a script for birth control, the mini pill. I stopped bleeding last week and hubby and I had intercourse this morning. We use plenty of lube, and it was only very mildly uncomfortable at first, we took it very easy and slow and I did not orgasm since I know that can cause uterine irritation. Later in the day I had spotting and now it's a heavier flow of bright red blood. I'm EBF and I have been on my pill for nearly four weeks now. Is this normal? My insurance is no longer valid now that I'm not pregnant so I can't afford an unnecessary trip to the OB.

what else are you doing? are you doing a lot of housework as well?? if so, stop. back off as much as you can. carrying a baby and giving birth is extremely hard on our bodies. it sometimes takes more than 7 weeks to be completely healed. it took me 10 MONTHS for my body to stop bleeding randomly.

it's also possible your cervix is irritated. you just squeezed a human out of it, so again i say maybe your body just isn't ready yet. next time you have sex maybe you be on top, so you can control the depth at which "it" goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->