Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Hi, just wanted to pop in to see how others are getting on.

I came off the pill in the new year, and so far my periods are all over the place. A week late one month, a couple of days early the next, then late again. It's frustrating!

I hate the fact that i am now covered in spots, when on the pill I had lovely clear skin! I am getting sore boobs, and stabbing pains/twinges when I didn't used to. I'm not enjoying it so far.

I wish my cycle would hurry up and sort itself out!

keely.

Prob not a consolation but yes... I have all of the above and more :) So i guess it's "normal"

Hi everyone, I am writing this trying not to cry...

In all the years leading up to taking BC pills I had TOTALLY REGULAR PERIODS. I was on the pill for 3 years, always with normal periods. I quit the pill literally on January 1st of this year. Got the withdrawal bleed. Then didn't have any period until 62 days later on March 4th.

Now it's been 44 days since then and no period :(

I am so scared that my ovaries are done for, I'll never ovulate again, and that I'm a broken woman. I'm so scared I have stupid PCOS and I'm only 20 years old. I'm not overweight and I don't think I have diabetes?? What the hell is wrong with me? Should I just keep waiting for the periods to even out? It has only been 3.5 months off the pill but god I just want my regular periods.

In all the years leading up to taking BC pills I had TOTALLY REGULAR PERIODS. I was on the pill for 3 years, always with normal periods. I quit the pill literally on January 1st of this year. Got the withdrawal bleed. Then didn't have any period until 62 days later on March 4th.

I am so scared that my ovaries are done for, I'll never ovulate again, and that I'm a broken woman. I'm so scared I have stupid PCOS and I'm only 20 years old. I'm not overweight and I don't think I have diabetes?? What the hell is wrong with me? Should I just keep waiting for the periods to even out? It has only been 3.5 months off the pill but god I just want my regular periods.

Don't worry :flower:

It is completely normal for our bodies to take some time to re-adjust to coming off the pill. They say it can take six months or more for some people. I came off the pill a month before you and I have only had two full cycles - 55 days and 28 days. I'm now on day 36 of my third cycle and it is likely to be 40-42 days long.

The other thing that impacts our cycles is stress - so the more we worry about these things, the more it it likely to mess up our cycles. Cruel isn't it?! I know it is really difficult but the best thing that we can all do is to try our best to relax and stop worrying.

Since I have been on these boards I have seen plenty of women who were having cycles like ours regulate and get lovely 28-35 day cycles.

If I were you I would give it a couple more months and if your cycles are still irregular, speak to your dr about it.

:hugs:

I feel exactly like you, i have moments I just cry because i think my body is broken, I will never get pregnant and it will prob end up destroy my relationship with my partner. It freaks me out, I was also very regular before the pill, actually I could tell almost to the hour when I would have my periods. I have had 5 weeks, 6 weeks, 9 weeks and now 5 weeks again cycles... I am now trying Soy to kick start ovulation. I stopped the pill in September.
I did OPK and never got a positive despite testing 3 times a day so i don't think i am even ovulating.
if you feel like this today, you might be having your period soon. If you look a few message up, i was all over the place a few days ago and really hit a wall and it turned up I was PMS!
I know it sounds like forever to you and you probably thought like all of us that the minute you stop the pill you'd get pregnant... it takes time (i know this is painful to hear)
Just try to get a plan sorted, vitamins etc... you will feel more in control and it will help you feel positive. The more you stress the longer your cycle will be!

I'd have to agree with exactly what the other 2 lovely ladies have said.. It takes time and believe me I hate hearing those words! It doesn't make your feelings or the situation any better.. But nothing will.. We all know were going to have highs and lows until we get our bfp!! But that's what were here for to share stories and to support one and other. I really wish that all of us had regular cycles because that would make it a hell of a lot easier.. Not only do we have to deal with ttc but irregular cycles too.. I mean that's not fair!! But that's always been my life.. I want something and I have to work twice as hard as everyone else to get it.. But you know what.. It makes reaching your goals so much better in the end.. Remember everything happens for a reason.. And when u have a melt down don't worry were all here for you.. :)

Completely agree wouldluvabub - just think how much we appreciate the things that we have had to work hard for, wait for, or long for. When our time comes, it will be all the sweeter x

Completely agree wouldluvabub - just think how much we appreciate the things that we have had to work hard for, wait for, or long for. When our time comes, it will be all the sweeter x

It all sounds so easy.. Think positive and all that.. and it's easy for me to say when I'm having a good day.. But it's those dreaded bad days when you dont want to face the world.. I just wish I could remember it on those days!!

It all sounds so easy.. Think positive and all that.. and it's easy for me to say when I'm having a good day.. But it's those dreaded bad days when you dont want to face the world.. I just wish I could remember it on those days!!

I know - I feel exactly the same! It feels like nothing can get through on those down days but we just have to remember that even with long irregular cycles, it is still possible to get pregnant. It makes it a bit harder and the number of chance we have compared to someone with a 28 day cycle are fewer.... but it is still possible.

We'll get there.... :hugs:

I think we all have those bad days, and yes it's easier said then done to relax, be positive etc. I'm sure I make my period even later by being stressed out over it. xx

Look I have had a stress free cycle over trying to conceive.. I haven't even thought about it till about cd41 but it's made no difference to me as I'm on cd45 with no af still.. So I just think our bodies have made these decisions and that's it!! I just think it's pretty crap of our bodies to not only give us irregular cycles but put all the emotions in our heads of wanting a baby so bad that you dont wanna get out of bed till it happens!! I mean come on.. If my body wants a baby then it shouldn't be making it so hard to make one lol..!

Ohh the joys of being a women!

What cd are u ladies up to anyways??? Do you have and symptoms of either pregnancy, ovulation or af?

I've got a few things happening this cycles that dont normally but not getting to excited.. One of which is a good mood normally by now I'm a big mess.. But this cycle in just happy.. Ha ha another is oily skin and hair which has settled a little bit over the last 3 days but due to the oily skin I'm having break outs.. :(

CD34 here. I had a pos OPK today (I THINK... it definitely seemed as dark as control line but not darker than it. However I had a really dark OPK a few weeks ago that I thought may have been pos and I didnt O...) We BDd just in case and have decided we are gonna bd every other day now since its getting close to when I had Od the last few cycles (cd44 and cd 60 I think were the last two)

Anyone else have an update?

Hi :wave:

I'm supposed to be I'm 7dpo today - although I'm not completely convinced! I didn't get a positive opk (not even near positive) but FF thinks I O'd on cd30 so I'll go with that! My temps are a bit odd though (and these haven't been helped by an illness which led to a fever on Friday night - hence the odd Sat am temp). So I'm just waiting it out...

Last cycle I started spotting at 7dpo (I have a short LP as well as irregular cycles) so I'll be keeping an eye out for that today. If AF comes early again this cycle, I'm off to the drs.... :-(

Been having terrible period pains here-but still no period.

keely.

I've been getting that feeling down there like I'm getting my period but not pain.. It's hard to explain.. It doesn't hurt but feels weird that's been going on for three days but nothing yet and I'm on cd 46!!!

I really hope this is our month girls..

I've been getting that feeling down there like I'm getting my period but not pain.. It's hard to explain.. It doesn't hurt but feels weird that's been going on for three days but nothing yet and I'm on cd 46!!!

I know exactly what you mean - I have the same as I type. Not a pain, not even a cramp but a 'feeling'! I woke with it yesterday (7dpo) and thought that I was going to start spotting but I haven't yet. An improvement on last cycle!

I hope that your feeling isn't AF but instead something more pleasant!

I know exactly what you mean - I have the same as I type. Not a pain, not even a cramp but a 'feeling'! I woke with it yesterday (7dpo) and thought that I was going to start spotting but I haven't yet. An improvement on last cycle!

I hope that your feeling isn't AF but instead something more pleasant!

Thanks!! I hope the same thing for you!! That feeling changed today into a light pain in my pelvis not enough to hurt but enough to notice... Both are gone now but still no af.. It's cd47 tomorrow and that's what my last cycle was..

Hey all,
thanks so much for your help. I'm now on CD47 no period, no signs of ovulation. As I said my last one was about 62 days. I am charting but my chart is all over the place with no pattern to it. Just trying to ignore it and not get stressed about it! It is so hard....

Hey all,
thanks so much for your help. I'm now on CD47 no period, no signs of ovulation. As I said my last one was about 62 days. I am charting but my chart is all over the place with no pattern to it. Just trying to ignore it and not get stressed about it! It is so hard....

I hope that O (or a bfp!) comes soon for you :hugs:

Hi everyone. Do you all mind if I join? I was once on these boards and then moved back to wtt now I'm back to ttc!!! I have some wacko cycles but am taking vitex to help regulate them.

Having a bad day today :( assuming the depressed mood means af is around the corner but that means this cycle is longer then the last :( I was hoping they would keep getting quicker.. I'm so upset. Guys why r our bodies doing this!! I can't cope today.. I just want a baby so badly.. To make it worse im at work with my pregnant friend who is just complaining about bring pregnant.. I just wanna slap her face.. She knows were trying and how much I want it yet she chooses to complain to me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->