Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

HI everyone...I used to comment on this thread near the beginning....then took a break from BNB last month. However, I just wanted to give you all some 'hope'. For those that don't know my story, the quick version is I stopped BC in July 2010 and didn't get AF until Jan 2011. I was so happy when she came, then Feb came and went with NO AF and BFN's! I thought, here we go again....now how long do I have to wait to OV. I was so mad that I did all the things I didn't do in Jan when I thought I was finally regular, went to the dentist, finished a course I was working on, drank coffee/wine etc...I stoppped using OPKs and charting, I even stopped laying in bed with my feet up after sex!

Anyways, the day I go to leave for vacation I decide I should test just to make sure I would be okay to drink...and low and behold...I get VERY faint line on an IC, so I whipped out my Digital that I had been saving and sure enough 1-2 weeks! I could not believe and was in (still am ) in total shock. I thought I was for sure out since I had/am so irregular.

So please ladies...do not count yourselves out because you really never know!!! Good luck and loads of sticky :dust: to each of you! Just know that we will all appreciate our little ones sooo much more since we struggled so much. For the record I will NEVER go on BCP again!

:happydance: :hugs: definitely gives me (and I hope the others) some hope!

HI everyone...I used to comment on this thread near the beginning....then took a break from BNB last month. However, I just wanted to give you all some 'hope'. For those that don't know my story, the quick version is I stopped BC in July 2010 and didn't get AF until Jan 2011. I was so happy when she came, then Feb came and went with NO AF and BFN's! I thought, here we go again....now how long do I have to wait to OV. I was so mad that I did all the things I didn't do in Jan when I thought I was finally regular, went to the dentist, finished a course I was working on, drank coffee/wine etc...I stoppped using OPKs and charting, I even stopped laying in bed with my feet up after sex!

Anyways, the day I go to leave for vacation I decide I should test just to make sure I would be okay to drink...and low and behold...I get VERY faint line on an IC, so I whipped out my Digital that I had been saving and sure enough 1-2 weeks! I could not believe and was in (still am ) in total shock. I thought I was for sure out since I had/am so irregular.

So please ladies...do not count yourselves out because you really never know!!! Good luck and loads of sticky :dust: to each of you! Just know that we will all appreciate our little ones sooo much more since we struggled so much. For the record I will NEVER go on BCP again!

:happydance: :hugs: definitely gives me (and I hope the others) some hope!

Huge congrats! I remember you from earlier in this thread, so happy that you finally got your BFP! A very H&H 9 months to you :hugs:

Hey ladies, is everyone doing okay? Able to find our little thread since it got moved to this forum? :haha:

That is great news finallyready! Congrats and have a happy and healthy 9 months!

I'm okay - just waiting to O :coffee: and trying to stay relaxed. Not much else going on to be honest! I'm giving it one more cycle with just my pregnacare conception vitamins to see if my body sorts itself out. If not, I'm going to try b vit complex to try and lengthen my LP.

great news finallyready so pleased for you.

I didn't even realise we had been moved I just come through my user cp.

Congrats!!!! And thanks so much for giving us hope!

Hello Ladies,
I am new here and need some help. I am TTC baby #2. I was on Birth control pills for 12 years. I finished my last pack in November 2010. In December 2010 my period was regular but a week late and in January 2011 it was regular and right on time. However, I havent had one since. I took about 20 EPT's from Feb 2011 to march 2011 all were negative. I went to my GP after being 3 weeks late for a blood test and it was negative. I was sent for an ultrasound the last week of march and everything looked fine. The tech said I had great blood flow and follicles on my ovaries. I summed it up to I have to wait it out. My question is, Can I ovulate at anytime and get preg and still think its is Post Pill Amenorrea? Did anyone experience anything like this before?

no idea, but i heard of a girl that did not get her period for 6 months after her pill and got pregnant on the 6th month... so she must have ovulated at one point and caught it just in time :)
I know you can also have periods but not ovulate....
Funny games... TTC :doh:

Hello Ladies,
I am new here and need some help. I am TTC baby #2. I was on Birth control pills for 12 years. I finished my last pack in November 2010. In December 2010 my period was regular but a week late and in January 2011 it was regular and right on time. However, I havent had one since. I took about 20 EPT's from Feb 2011 to march 2011 all were negative. I went to my GP after being 3 weeks late for a blood test and it was negative. I was sent for an ultrasound the last week of march and everything looked fine. The tech said I had great blood flow and follicles on my ovaries. I summed it up to I have to wait it out. My question is, Can I ovulate at anytime and get preg and still think its is Post Pill Amenorrea? Did anyone experience anything like this before?

yep, there is a chance that could happen. frusterating huh!

Hey girls - how are we all doing?

I'm still waiting for O - am cd26 today so am getting a little frustrated. I thought I may have O'd on Monday (despite negative opks, I had a temp rise) but it has dropped off again today so it is looking increasing unlikely.

How long do I leave it before I go to the drs? I've only been off the pill for four months so I know it is early but my cycles are so wonky (see below in my sig) AND the last two have had a short LP. Its beginning to get me down :-(

I'm still waiting for O - am cd26 today so am getting a little frustrated. I thought I may have O'd on Monday (despite negative opks, I had a temp rise) but it has dropped off again today so it is looking increasing unlikely.

How long do I leave it before I go to the drs? I've only been off the pill for four months so I know it is early but my cycles are so wonky (see below in my sig) AND the last two have had a short LP. Its beginning to get me down :-(

Hi Struth :flower:
Think we've spoken before...just wanted to say don't feel alone, I O'd this cycle on CD27 which was a LONG time coming. I felt so anxious and impatient getting the 'other' TWW over with. It was more like three week wait for me...! I got AF this morning, so this isn't my month, but I also went to the docs on Monday and - slightly irritatingly - she told me that they won't start thinking about initial tests for hormones or sperm etc until you've been TTC for 12 months (in the UK). I've only been TTC for three months also (just finished cycle 3). You could go to the docs anyway, just to set your mind at rest...but mine told me that it takes a long time to regulate after coming off the pill (I've been off it 7 months). Most people do get back to normal after 6 months, but it can take up to a year. That doesn't mean we can't get PG in the meantime, but it's just a bit harder to predict when we're O'ing or when AF is going to arrive because the bcp makes things so erratic. If I were you, I'd book an appt with your doc anyway as hearing this from a professional will reassure you that everything's ok. As long as you've had AF every month - ie. *some* bleeding - then according to my doc that's a good sign. But me too, my LP bounces all over the place. You're not alone. You might get a more understanding doctor that will start tests early...or you might just get PG this month! Either way if it makes you feel better to talk it thru I wouldn't delay in speaking to someone about it. :hugs: xx

Hi Struth :flower:
Think we've spoken before...just wanted to say don't feel alone, I O'd this cycle on CD27 which was a LONG time coming. I felt so anxious and impatient getting the 'other' TWW over with. It was more like three week wait for me...! I got AF this morning, so this isn't my month, but I also went to the docs on Monday and - slightly irritatingly - she told me that they won't start thinking about initial tests for hormones or sperm etc until you've been TTC for 12 months (in the UK). I've only been TTC for three months also (just finished cycle 3). You could go to the docs anyway, just to set your mind at rest...but mine told me that it takes a long time to regulate after coming off the pill (I've been off it 7 months). Most people do get back to normal after 6 months, but it can take up to a year. That doesn't mean we can't get PG in the meantime, but it's just a bit harder to predict when we're O'ing or when AF is going to arrive because the bcp makes things so erratic. If I were you, I'd book an appt with your doc anyway as hearing this from a professional will reassure you that everything's ok. As long as you've had AF every month - ie. *some* bleeding - then according to my doc that's a good sign. But me too, my LP bounces all over the place. You're not alone. You might get a more understanding doctor that will start tests early...or you might just get PG this month! Either way if it makes you feel better to talk it thru I wouldn't delay in speaking to someone about it. :hugs: xx

Thanks Morticia - that really helps :hugs:

When I take a step back and look at things (which your email has helped me do) I know that I am in a good position compared to so many other women. Where I am is nothing compared to some people on here who have been trying for years. Most of the time I can keep that perspective but every now and then it gets to me and this morning was one of those times. I really hoped that my 28 day cycle last month was the return to 'normality' but I have to face facts that it might take me a little longer to get straight.

Anyway, I have given myself a good talking to and have been swimming and I feel much better. I think that I will wait until June until I think about going to the drs. That will be 6 months and I will be turning 35 that month too. I've heard that if you are 35 then they will start to look into things after 6 months so June would make more sense. It will also give my cycle another two months to sort itself out.

Sorry to hear that AF arrived for you Morticia - I hope that your next cycle will be a short one with a long LP (nine months long would be good!).

You've really helped me today - thank you :flower:

CD 24 with no O yet for me...

Id get the ball rolling with drs sooner rather then later just because most likely they will make you wait to really start doing anything and testing takes so long anyway. However, hopefully things will straighten out for you soon and you wont need help from the doctors anyway!!! :)

Thanks missangie! Hmm.... I had been trying to talk myself into waiting until June but perhaps I will compromise with myself and wait untit May then. I guess it depends what happens with this cycle. If it continues and continues I will probably feel like going sooner. If I O soon then I guess I will then get caught up in the 2WW and will feel more like giving it one more cycle (if there is another cycle!).

Isn't it the not knowing that is the killer?! :haha:

I hope you get your O soon Missangie :dust: By the way - I love the saying in your sig - so so true.

Hi Girls,

Haven't been on for a while because nothing has been happening but today after 159 days off the pill I finally got AF Yay :happydance:.

I have changed my diet, have been taking AC, doing acupuncture and gotten back into the gym and something finally must have worked for me woo hoo now I have to wait and see if I am ovulating!

Struth - if it was me I would got to the docs, I am 33 and they said if I was 35 then they would have fast tracked me so with you being so close I would head along and see what they can do.

Great news MrsBea23! Yippee for AF (that is something I never thought I would say until I started TTC!). I hope that you now settle back into your usual cycle, that you ovulate nicely, and that you get your :bfp: very soon :hugs:!

I think that I will see how I go for the next couple of weeks. I'm on my hols at the end of the month so maybe I will see how things are and if nothing seems to be moving in a positive direction, I will make an appointment when I get back. Thanks MrsBea23!

Thanks struth, hopefully your holidays will help you to chill and get your BFP this month always the best time to try when there are no work stresses! enjoy.

Struth it is from this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqfGqOx2iDQ

Yes yes we will :)

How many days of EWCM do you guys get? I am wondering if I am going to O because I had three days of EWCM (not a lot though...) and then yesterday and today no EWCM but last night i had a really dark OPK (seemed to be as dark as control line but Im not 100% convinced it was pos. and todays it definitely negative.

Guess a few days my temps will tell! fingers crossed!!

Sounds like O is on its way for you Missangie!! I get a couple of days of EWCM, I think - although I am not very good at monitoring CM!! I only get a short surge too though so if yours was positive or very nearly then that sounds good. Wow - I hope that this is your O - it would be a huge improvement on your last cycle!

FX'd for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->