Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

such a great story Katie, that is wonderful!!!

Struth, sounds like we are sorta on the same route at the moment! I have heard about the cd2 tests but arent sure what they are for either! As for the cd22, I asked why I needed to do those when Im obviously not ovulating that early in a cycle ever and she said she knows but thats its just protocol to have those done first. ugh, bye bye to a big chunk of money but at least its one step closer in the "process" You said it perfectly, it does feel really good to feel like I have some sort of control over TTC by making this appointment.

Let us know if you find out what the cd2 tests are for

So sorry that you have to pay out for your bloods. Over here we get them covered on the National Health Service - the positive thing about that is that we don't have to pay for them but the negative is that the drs can be reluctant to carry out tests/interventions as it all comes from the public purse (which is rather stretched at the moment!). The care that an individual gets also seems to vary over here depending on where you are and what the local policy is - urgh, it is a minefield! I'm just glad that my dr has agreed to do the bloods - it feels like the ball is rolling!

I did some research on the cd2 bloods - they test for estradiol, FSH, LH, prolactin, and progesterone. Whether I am having all these checked or not I'm not sure but at least they should see whether my hormones are as they should be or not. It is just going to be a rather long wait!

Hi, I thought i'd pop back into here to say after coming off the pill in the new year (january) i got a bfp just over a week ago :) So there is hope! I must have ovulated later then i thought.

Good luck to everyone ttc :)

Congrats mummy, congrats!!!

I don't even think I'm ovulating, with how long my cycles are...

Are you using opks or temping? It isn't for everyone but I have wonky cycles too (currently on cd51 and haven't O'd yet) and have been doing both to make sure that I am O'ing. I have I'd every cycle despite them being all over the place. If it would reassure you to know it might be worth it?

Are you using opks or temping? It isn't for everyone but I have wonky cycles too (currently on cd51 and haven't O'd yet) and have been doing both to make sure that I am O'ing. I have I'd every cycle despite them being all over the place. If it would reassure you to know it might be worth it?

I charted for the first 40 days, got frustrated, and then stopped charting. So dumb! I probably missed out on the most important temps.

This cycle I'm gonna commit to temping through the whole thing :blush:

LOL! But I can understand why you got frustrated. It gets to you after a while doesn't it? What pill were you on?

I was on cileste - my first cycle was 55 days, second was 28 days and I thought I was getting back to normal, but now I have been hit with another long one. CD51 and I think my opks might be getting a little bit darker but can't be sure... Urgh - such a waiting game!

Keep us posted as to how you get on...!

Struth - I'm with you, hun :hugs:

CD25 and no sign at all of O for me either...last month it was CD27 but haven't had a pos OPK yet. I know it will all happen for us late O'ers, it will just take (a lot of) time. SO frustrating but just trying to get on with keeping busy and having fun. Really empathise though. Big hugs. xx:kiss:

CD25 and no sign at all of O for me either...last month it was CD27 but haven't had a pos OPK yet. I know it will all happen for us late O'ers, it will just take (a lot of) time. SO frustrating but just trying to get on with keeping busy and having fun. Really empathise though. Big hugs. xx:kiss:

Hey Morticia - how have you been? I hope that you get that positive opk soon.

After all my chatter yesterday, I think I may be O'ing today/tomorrow (cd52/53)! I got what I think was a positive opk yesterday (I did 4 throughout the day (!) and they got gradually darker until I got a positive one at 11pm). I have done another three (!) today and they have gradually got lighter throughout the day. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is that now they are dry last night's opk doesn't look positive. It was one of those where the left hand side of the line was dark and the rest was a bit lighter. Does anyone else get them like that?

I had a low temp this morning so I'm hoping for a rise tomorrow.... please, please, pleeeeaaaaassseeee!!!

Hey ladies! Thought I'd pop back over and check in.. Currently on cd 61 never gone this long before! Pretty annoyed! Had an ultrasound and bloodwork done last week to check somethings out! Getting results Friday! Let's hope everythings all good. I just want my BFP!

Hey ladies! Thought I'd pop back over and check in.. Currently on cd 61 never gone this long before! Pretty annoyed! Had an ultrasound and bloodwork done last week to check somethings out! Getting results Friday! Let's hope everythings all good. I just want my BFP!

:hugs: hoping you get good results. Keep us updated!!

After all my chatter yesterday, I think I may be O'ing today/tomorrow (cd52/53)! I got what I think was a positive opk yesterday (I did 4 throughout the day (!) and they got gradually darker until I got a positive one at 11pm). I have done another three (!) today and they have gradually got lighter throughout the day. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is that now they are dry last night's opk doesn't look positive. It was one of those where the left hand side of the line was dark and the rest was a bit lighter. Does anyone else get them like that?

I had a low temp this morning so I'm hoping for a rise tomorrow.... please, please, pleeeeaaaaassseeee!!!

FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU!!! :happydance:

FX'd that your results are as you want them! :hugs:

FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU!!! :happydance:

Hmmm.. no rise this morning but I think it might be here tomorrow. I have had cramps and dizziness (more than usual! lol!) this morning so I figure that I am O'ing today instead.

How are you missangie?

keep us updated on a temp rise!!!

I am doing pretty good. taking my last of the 10 pills of provera tomorrow and waiting for withdrawal bleed so i can go in for day 22 bloods. we will be collecting DH's swimmers to bring to the lab this weekend!

Does spotting count as day one? I have had some really dark blood when I wipe (tmi, sorry) and a few drops of red blood but its not a full flow yet....

keep us updated on a temp rise!!!

I am doing pretty good. taking my last of the 10 pills of provera tomorrow and waiting for withdrawal bleed so i can go in for day 22 bloods. we will be collecting DH's swimmers to bring to the lab this weekend!

Does spotting count as day one? I have had some really dark blood when I wipe (tmi, sorry) and a few drops of red blood but its not a full flow yet....

I think that the first of proper red blood counts as cd1. I don't count my spotting (I would have a stupidly short LP if I did!).

Still no temp rise. I'm so confused...!

Look at my chart struth - I didn't get a dramatic temp rise either. And if I'm honest, I was a bit slack with temping at the same time, 3 hours sleep etc :blush:

Look at my chart struth - I didn't get a dramatic temp rise either. And if I'm honest, I was a bit slack with temping at the same time, 3 hours sleep etc :blush:

Thanks Katie - I'm beginning to wonder whether the opk was positive! How do I get on to your chart nowadays? I can't find the link for the pregnancy tickers :happydance:! lol!

I took the link off - sorry! Here it is:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/31f99b

Absolutely fine! I can definitely recommend this pregnancy lark lol :haha:

Bit of backache now and again, sore boobs now and again and a little bit more tired than usual. But otherwise fine. Which probably means morning sickness is going to hit me like a train any day now :winkwink:

Hope FF confirms your ov soon - just keep BDing until it does xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->