Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

I have two different kinds of cysts!

The PCOS cysts are small fluid filled cysts that were eggs that did not come to be ovulated. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome for more information. The 3cm cyst I have that she will eventually remove is a Dermoid Ovarian Cyst https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovarian_cyst for more information :)

So long story short the pcos related cysts are nothing to worry about at the moment as far as I know.

I'm really not sure what to say about your chart wouldluvabub :\ Did your temp stay high for 10 days? Were you taking your temp at the same time every day? Had you had any alcohol? Same amount of sleep? Those are the only things that I know can affect your temp and possibly make it higher. Not having ovulated yet since charting it's hard for me to tell!!

Thanks Struth.

I stopped OPKing because it seemed pointless because I have no idea when I'm gonna start my AF - could be months and mainly because a lot of people said to relax and 'not think about conceiving or AFs'. Trying my best to relax but we all know that is.

Today was pointless, just a nice words and reassurance really..... I explained I keep getting a dull cramp/ached feeling in my left ovary from time to time and she said it could be a cyst. As it was a family planning centre she said to go to the main doctors and they may refer me for a scan me there. What does having a cyst mean if I did have one??

What's happening with you Struth?

Xx

Hmmm..... I would get to the drs and see what they say. I have a dull ache in my ovary and I ignored it thinking it was part of my normal cycle! It was only when I had the scan that they discovered a cyst. There are different types of cysts and so they would need to check that out too.

Like Reba - I (think - I'm still waiting confirmation) that I have PCOS. The 'cysts' on PCOS are not really cysts (just to confuse matters!). They are follicles that have tried to produce an egg but haven't got that far. Usually one follicle will become dominant and take over to release an egg. In PCOS this doesn't happen and so you get lots of follicles on your ovarys that are enlarged but not developed enough to release an egg.

Then you have actual cysts. These are fluid filled pockets attached to your ovaries. Apparently they are really common and we quite often have them and don't know about it. They can be completely fine and disappear on their own. However, there are some types of cyst that need more investigation e.g. if they are big or if they are a certain type.

I had a scan and on this it was confirmed that, as well as PCOS, I have a cyst on my right ovary (the dull ache). Mine looked like (again - I'm waiting on confirmation) an endometrioma (or chocolate cyst). This type of cyst forms due to endo i.e. part of my uterine lining has gone the wrong way, got into my ovaries and has developed into a cyst. These can be more problematic and so they are sometimes removed surgically. I'm waiting on a gynae appointment to confirm that it is what they think it is and to find out what they are going to do about it.

If I were you, I would head to the drs. It could be nothing - it could just be a normal cyst that will go away on its own but it is best to have it checked out. The person doing my scan said that cysts can upset the hormone balance and can lead to irregular periods.... I would have it checked out if I were you!

Keep us posted as to how you get on x

Amen to that Reba!!! I would love the opportunity to TRY... Stupid long cycles!!!!

I have PCOS and they seen actual cysts on my ovaries but they never said anything about having them remove or anything.. Should they be removed???

So I am totally confused.. According to FF I O'ed CD 22 then at 10DPO my temp dropped.. Everyone said I should get AF (I posted a thread as this is my first cycle charting) Well here I am at 12DPO (if I am DPO) and I have EWCM and no AF.... at 11 DPO my temp was low again so it wasn't just a one off and I noticed when I went to the loo twice in a row my CM was slightly streaked brown then it disappeared and now it's EWCM.. Still expecting AF to show but totally confused about what my body is doin..??? I didn't temp today as I woke up late....

Hope everyone else is doing ok..!!

Can you post a link to your chart so we can look at it? It could be that you are due AF any day. My temp dive bombs a couple of days before AF comes - it could be that she comes today/tomorrow. Did your temp drop below your coverline yet? The average LP (from O to AF) is 14 days but temps usually drop a couple of days before she shows.

Or....did you cover the O? Could you be pregnant? I would give it a couple of days and if she hasn't arrived I would test!

Hello ladies!

Has anyone experienced a long period after BCP? Last time i stopped the pill i had a normal length period but this times its been a whole week!!??

Dont know how to post the link to my chart but I'll attach a copy of it here.
chart.jpg
I've missed a few days due to waking up late... Plus I don't always chart CM cause I forget..

Yeah I don't know I mean AF could still be on her way but I don't know..

No I didn't have interrupted sleep and I don't drink..

The 2 days the temp dropped below cover line (I woke up to late to temp today so no idea if it's back up again) I did wake up feeling a little unwell so not sure if that makes a difference..

There is every chance I could be pregnant because we are trying! But no I haven't tested because I figured that if your temp drop's below cover line your out..??

I dunno though, as I said this is my first cycle charting. I wasn't 100% that I did O though because my temps didn't exactly jump really high.. I use a normal thermometer not a BBT one so I only get readings of say 36.1 instead of 36.12..

I don't feel like AF is on its way...

Hello ladies!

Has anyone experienced a long period after BCP? Last time i stopped the pill i had a normal length period but this times its been a whole week!!??

Since coming off BCP I don't have the actual bleed for longer but I spot for a few days which makes it longer so I guess in a way sort of..

Hi i know this is regarding coming off the pill but has anyone had trouble conceiving after haveing the coil removed??

Hello ladies!

My withdrawal AF was long - 8/9 days but since then they have been short. I think everyone is different though! Hope she goes away soon!

View attachment 225514
I've missed a few days due to waking up late... Plus I don't always chart CM cause I forget..

The 2 days the temp dropped below cover line (I woke up to late to temp today so no idea if it's back up again) I did wake up feeling a little unwell so not sure if that makes a difference..

There is every chance I could be pregnant because we are trying! But no I haven't tested because I figured that if your temp drop's below cover line your out..??

I dunno though, as I said this is my first cycle charting. I wasn't 100% that I did O though because my temps didn't exactly jump really high.. I use a normal thermometer not a BBT one so I only get readings of say 36.1 instead of 36.12..

Hmm... you didn't have a huge temp shift but it does look like you O'd doesn't it? I can't remember - are you opking too? It does look as if AF should be due as your temps have dropped back down below the coverline. I would leave it a few days and if AF still hasn't arrived I would test just to be sure. Have you checked your cervix recently? I had spotting for a few days prior to AF but some days not enough to work its way down (TMI!) but it was there on my cervix when I checked.

I have had FF tell me that I have O'd and then later correct itself and take the O away. Once I was supposedly 10dpo and I entered my temp and FF took away my crosshairs completely. I guess it might be possible that you didn't O - that would be so disappointing I can imagine.

So sorry I can't help out any more - I guess it is that oh-so-common-phrase when TTC - only time will tell!

yea what Struth said!
Wait and see and if no af try testing :\ so frustrating!

Well the Provera has started to work. FF is going to think I O'd because my temp looks like it's on the way up :)

Thanks for the replies girls, glad it's not just me!

wouldluvabub i would say see what happens to your next couple of temps and if it stays below the cover line and no AF then FF will probably take the crossed hairs away i think. OR if it goes back up it could be an implantation dip! Fx'd for you!

Hi ladies! Havent had a chance to read many of your posts just yet but thought I would update you and say that I was finally prescribed clomid! I start provera tonight to induce a period and then will take 50mg of clomid on days 5-9. Praying it will make me ovulate!!!

Hope everyone is doing well, I will read through this thread and see whats new with you ladies!

Hi missangie!

Welcome to the Provera train ;) I'm on day 2 of 10 for it and looking forward to smaller numbers on my charting!
Let us know how the clomid works for you!

Heidi - nope not just you. We're all in this together and all frustrated!

I'm happy to report I took my frustration out on the equipment at the gym today! :D

Hi ladies! Havent had a chance to read many of your posts just yet but thought I would update you and say that I was finally prescribed clomid! I start provera tonight to induce a period and then will take 50mg of clomid on days 5-9. Praying it will make me ovulate!!!

Hope everyone is doing well, I will read through this thread and see whats new with you ladies!

Yeah for provera and clomid!! I so hope that this is it for you. I heard from a friend yesterday who was telling me that her friend was given three rounds of clomid after TTC for 18 months after a mc and she fell pregnant on the first one. She is now 13 weeks!

Keep us posted missangie :dust:

View attachment 225514

Hmm... you didn't have a huge temp shift but it does look like you O'd doesn't it? I can't remember - are you opking too? It does look as if AF should be due as your temps have dropped back down below the coverline. I would leave it a few days and if AF still hasn't arrived I would test just to be sure. Have you checked your cervix recently? I had spotting for a few days prior to AF but some days not enough to work its way down (TMI!) but it was there on my cervix when I checked.

I have had FF tell me that I have O'd and then later correct itself and take the O away. Once I was supposedly 10dpo and I entered my temp and FF took away my crosshairs completely. I guess it might be possible that you didn't O - that would be so disappointing I can imagine.

So sorry I can't help out any more - I guess it is that oh-so-common-phrase when TTC - only time will tell!

No I am not doing OPK and I don't check my cervix either. Yeah I assumed it ment AF was on the way but it still hasn't shown! I haven't been temping the last couple of days because I have woken up late but yesterday I had SO much EWCM it was unbelievable. I have never seen that much. So needless to sat I jumped hubby just incase!! :p

I will take my temp again in the morning but I am going to test aswell just to be sure. I have no idea what my body is doing.. All I can assume is that when FF has marked my O I think my body at least tried to O..??? Anyways hubby and I have started using conceive plus so hopefully that helps :)

Its almost next month and that when I have been predicted to conceive! Fingers crossed it's already worked though!

So tested this morning and.................. BFN.. :(

Stupid body.. I took my temperature again this morning and it was 36.1.. So still high but fertility friend took away my O.. I am so confused.. I guess I'll just was another 14 days and test again in case all that EWCM I had to other day was O..

Frustrating isn't it? I'm right there with you. FF says I O'd but it's because of the Provera so I didn't actually. Let's hope the EWCM you had the other day was it :)

Lemonflower,
It depends on how big the cyst is. I have one in my left ovary that is 3cm big and the Dr said they would wait to operate until after we had conceived and had the baby. If it's quite a large cyst then they would likely take it out sooner. It really depends. Best to get it checked out though because sometimes it can be an ectopic pregnancy.

I started the Provera today so in about 10 days I should have a forced period. Really hoping that is all it takes for my body to start doing cycles on its own. *sigh*
I completely agree it's hard to be "trying to conceive" when you don't actually OV! It's not like we're trying and failing its that we can't even try!

Thanks Reba

Your last paragraph hit the mark, feels like I can't even try!!!!

Just have to wait and see what happens, how long does it usually take from going to the doctors and them referring you for a scan? Days, weeks?

Reba - what was your cycle before you started Provera?

Xx

Lemonflower - my scan was really quick. I went to the drs on the Thursday and my scan was the following Thursday. I was really impressed.

I hope you get some answers soon - have you been to the drs yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->