Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Great news Heidi!

Fluffette - so AF hasn't arrived? I hope she's just around the corner x

I'm on cd11 and just started opking this cycle. Lets hope it is not as long as last time!

Great news Heidi!

I'm on cd11 and just started opking this cycle. Lets hope it is not as long as last time!

I was thinking about doing OPK but then I decided not to because of how irregular I have been I thought it would be a waste but now that I am pretty sure I'm in the TTW I wish I had of done them because then I would know either way if I did or didn't O last weekend!! Gahh... Its such a loosing battle!!! Did you buy you OPK's off the net? But in a way I guess it's kind of a good thing too because I am not sure if I O'd or not so I am not all stressed about the TTW that I don't even know if I am in.. Lol....

I hope it isn't too long for you struth!

I know how you feel wouldluvabub... except I know I haven't O'd. Not knowing if you are in the 2ww would take the pressure off for sure. Just test in a few weeks and see what happens.

... Provera here I come (soon) I am *so* looking forward to smaller numbers on my graph and not having to scroll sideways!! DH set me up with an excel spread sheet so I'm excited just to start a new page lol. I hope I O next cycle. It's been a long two months.

I think I will maybe test say next Wednesday if AF hasn't shown up.. I'm used to seeing BFN's so what's another one hey! :p

I 'accidentally' brought some more baby stuff!! Ha ha.. I am so naughty.. It's so cute though.. But I know I need to stop!

Great news Heidi!

I was thinking about doing OPK but then I decided not to because of how irregular I have been I thought it would be a waste but now that I am pretty sure I'm in the TTW I wish I had of done them because then I would know either way if I did or didn't O last weekend!! Gahh... Its such a loosing battle!!! Did you buy you OPK's off the net? But in a way I guess it's kind of a good thing too because I am not sure if I O'd or not so I am not all stressed about the TTW that I don't even know if I am in.. Lol....

I guess it depends on the individual - I use them for a number of reasons. I wanted to know if I was ovulating or not so I opk and temp. I also wanted to be able to time BD - I'm getting on a bit and so want to make the most of each O! And I wanted to be able to go to the drs with some extra information if needed. Finally, when I realised that I was going to be so irregular, I just need to know whether I had O'd or not. If I didn't know where I was in my cycle I know I would be forever wondering whether I should do a pregnancy test! And I know the stress of that would be worse than the stress of opking!

Yes - I get them off the Internet. I would be bankrupt otherwise! There are plenty of places on Amazon or ebay but I use www.babymad.co.uk - not sure if they would send them to Oz though...

Great news Heidi!

I guess it depends on the individual - I use them for a number of reasons. I wanted to know if I was ovulating or not so I opk and temp. I also wanted to be able to time BD - I'm getting on a bit and so want to make the most of each O! And I wanted to be able to go to the drs with some extra information if needed. Finally, when I realised that I was going to be so irregular, I just need to know whether I had O'd or not. If I didn't know where I was in my cycle I know I would be forever wondering whether I should do a pregnancy test! And I know the stress of that would be worse than the stress of opking!

Yes - I get them off the Internet. I would be bankrupt otherwise! There are plenty of places on Amazon or ebay but I use www.babymad.co.uk - not sure if they would send them to Oz though...

Yeah see I regret not using them because I dont know if I am in my tww or not!!!

Great news Heidi!

Yeah see I regret not using them because I dont know if I am in my tww or not!!!

FX'd you are!

I tried buying some pregnancy tests off Amazon.com and they wouldn't ship them here. Amazon.ca doesn't sell them. I haven no idea where to buy all these online! Any ideas for Canada?

^^ ebay? The shop that sells the tests i get sell on amazon and ebay maybe worth a try?

Hi all, i came off Microgynon 30 on the 24th of May and had a withdrawal bleed. I am due for my first true period on saturday/sunday! I just hope it comes!

I've stopped OPKing! Just gonna see what happens on Thursday when I see the doctors!
Just got angry and stressed the other day cos it seems pointless opking since I haven't had a period for 4 months!
A little part of me wonders whether I should be keeping up with it though!
In a very annoyed mood today! >:-/

My temp dropped back down today so I don't think I did ovulate when I thought I did... Just plain old cd32.. So strange I mean I had ewcm and it all gone now.. I wish my body would just decide what it wants to do... Can't wait for my appointment next month!

I've stopped OPKing! Just gonna see what happens on Thursday when I see the doctors!
Just got angry and stressed the other day cos it seems pointless opking since I haven't had a period for 4 months!

That's a hard one. Some doctor's may say pointless but you don't want them to tell you to go away and chart to see if you O'ing and then come back later...

Sorry to hear that you are annoyed Lemonflower - I know exactly how it feels. During my last cycle I had so many ups and downs (and then some times when I accepted the situation too - although these patches would be short and were usually followed by a downer) - it really is torture isn't it? I used to get frustrated that I wasn't even getting a chance at TTC - that was the killer for me.

Why did you decide to stop opking -- was it just disheartening seeing negative ones every day?

I think it is a personal decision - and it depends on your outlook. For me I prefer to do it so that if and when it happens I know about it and we can at least try to catch the egg. I felt that each O comes along so infrequently that I didn't want to miss the chance to fertilise it. I know others feel differently though.

I hope that you get some positive moves forward on Thursday - even though it is only (!) four months I wonder whether the dr will do something as it is not right to not have an AF for that lone. It is not like you have been TTC with normal cycles for 6 months but haven't got anywhere. Perhaps you could focus more on the lack of AF rather than the TTC i.e. see it as a gynae problem rather than a TTC problem? That might push the GP to do some investgations, maybe? Let us know how you get on x

Thanks Struth.

I stopped OPKing because it seemed pointless because I have no idea when I'm gonna start my AF - could be months and mainly because a lot of people said to relax and 'not think about conceiving or AFs'. Trying my best to relax but we all know that is.

Today was pointless, just a nice words and reassurance really..... I explained I keep getting a dull cramp/ached feeling in my left ovary from time to time and she said it could be a cyst. As it was a family planning centre she said to go to the main doctors and they may refer me for a scan me there. What does having a cyst mean if I did have one??

What's happening with you Struth?

Xx

Lemonflower,
It depends on how big the cyst is. I have one in my left ovary that is 3cm big and the Dr said they would wait to operate until after we had conceived and had the baby. If it's quite a large cyst then they would likely take it out sooner. It really depends. Best to get it checked out though because sometimes it can be an ectopic pregnancy.

I started the Provera today so in about 10 days I should have a forced period. Really hoping that is all it takes for my body to start doing cycles on its own. *sigh*
I completely agree it's hard to be "trying to conceive" when you don't actually OV! It's not like we're trying and failing its that we can't even try!

Amen to that Reba!!! I would love the opportunity to TRY... Stupid long cycles!!!!

I have PCOS and they seen actual cysts on my ovaries but they never said anything about having them remove or anything.. Should they be removed???

So I am totally confused.. According to FF I O'ed CD 22 then at 10DPO my temp dropped.. Everyone said I should get AF (I posted a thread as this is my first cycle charting) Well here I am at 12DPO (if I am DPO) and I have EWCM and no AF.... at 11 DPO my temp was low again so it wasn't just a one off and I noticed when I went to the loo twice in a row my CM was slightly streaked brown then it disappeared and now it's EWCM.. Still expecting AF to show but totally confused about what my body is doin..??? I didn't temp today as I woke up late....

Hope everyone else is doing ok..!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->