Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Well I had a long talk with DH tonight. We of course are going to move forward with everything but we are assuming it will take a few months to get into the RE and get all the necessary tests done. Until then I think we will try Soy just to see how it goes.

In the meantime I probably won't be around very much. This post has been such a great comfort and support for me, but I fear the the message board as a whole is very bad for me at the same time. I have become a little too obsessed with everything and it is putting a strain on my life probably as well as my body. I think I just need to step back, relax, and make sure my life is in order while waiting for the RE stuff. I need to focus more on my marriage. We want to try to enjoy this time together while we can.

It is breaking my heart to write this because I think SO highly of all you ladies. I can not thank you enough for everything. I want to come back here in a few months and see everyone on here with a BFP! I mean it!

Missangie, wouldluvabub, and Lemonflower - I wish you guys both the best with your little beans. You will all be great mothers! :hugs:

Struth, Reba, and Fluffette - I want to see some pregnancy tickers from all of you soon! :hugs:

Anyone else, if I have forgotten you I deeply apologize but know that I think EVERYONE in this thread is amazing and hope only the best for all of you.

Best of luck to all! :dust:

Trishg21 - I'm not sure if you are going to see this or not but I wanted to post on the off chance that you would. I'm hoping that you did O but that your blood was just drawn at the wrong time - you never know, drs can be mistaken. I think that what was said above was right - the meeting with the RE will be one step closer to your bfp and your baby. I really do wish you the best and hope that when you next post it will be with some very good news. We will miss you on here but do, of course, understand why you want to take a break. You take care of yourself and your OH and we will see you soon x

Trish, I totally understand where you are coming from. We will all miss you on here but take some time to relax and not stress or worry about TTC and when you are ready to come back here please do.

Thank you Trish!
I'll miss you! Wishing you all the best and really hoping to see you and that you get your BFP soon.
Take care hun. :hugs:
Xxx

Was wondering if I could join you ladies? I was only on BCP for 3 cycles with Mycrogynon 30 on the first cycle then Logynon on the 2nd and 3rd and both played havock with my health. Mycrogynon, depression. Logynon, migraines. So the doctor decided to take me off on Feb 2011. I always had irregular cycles anyway, between 21-36 days. After my withdrawal bleed my next cycle was about 38 days, next 35, 36, 35 and this one is 44 and still counting. I took an HPT last week and it was a BFN. If I'd have known it would've caused all this I wouldn't have bothered starting it!

:hi:
Welcome
You'll find all of us have LONG cycles :dohh: Welcome aboard!
I think you'd also find all of us agreeing that if we knew what BCP did to our systems we wouldn't have gone with it in the first place! :nope:

Thank you. I've been to my doctor afew times about my irregular periods and she says it's because of my hormones at my age (27). I do feel that it may be more than that. (PCOS?) Do you think it would be a good idea to have a second opinion. I also have Epilepsy and I'm not sure whether my medication (Lamotrogine and Keppra) may have something to do with it. I have heard that Epilepsy that begins in the left temporal lobe has been connected to PCOS.

Was wondering if I could join you ladies? I was only on BCP for 3 cycles with Mycrogynon 30 on the first cycle then Logynon on the 2nd and 3rd and both played havock with my health. Mycrogynon, depression. Logynon, migraines. So the doctor decided to take me off on Feb 2011. I always had irregular cycles anyway, between 21-36 days. After my withdrawal bleed my next cycle was about 38 days, next 35, 36, 35 and this one is 44 and still counting. I took an HPT last week and it was a BFN. If I'd have known it would've caused all this I wouldn't have bothered starting it!

:hi:
Welcome
You'll find all of us have LONG cycles :dohh: Welcome aboard!
I think you'd also find all of us agreeing that if we knew what BCP did to our systems we wouldn't have gone with it in the first place! :nope:

Thank you. I've been to my doctor afew times about my irregular periods and she says it's because of my hormones at my age (27). I do feel that it may be more than that. (PCOS?) Do you think it would be a good idea to have a second opinion. I also have Epilepsy and I'm not sure whether my medication (Lamotrogine and Keppra) may have something to do with it. I have heard that Epilepsy that begins in the left temporal lobe has been connected to PCOS.

Well PCOS does do things with your hormones too... some of the signs and symptoms of PCOS are increased hair growth (chin, side burns, tummy, chest) Thinning of hair on head, increased acne, overweight, missed periods. If you have any of those I'd talk with another Dr maybe. Your Dr doesn't seem to be as worried as you are.

Mine, thankfully, suspected I might have PCOS but didn't do anything. I promptly went home and looked up PCOS to see what it was all about. Everything I read made so much sense. It helped me to understand that I wasn't weird etc that a lot of women have the same stuff that I do and it's ok.

Later on he sent me to a gynecologist who happens to specialize in fertility because I was in extreme pain in my lower abdomen. I ended up with surgery on both ovaries to remove some massive dermoid tumors about 2 years ago. I'm back seeing the same gyne now because I have another cyst growing. I'm quite lucky that she's also looking into fertility for me as well. She confirmed PCOS when she did the surgery. My hormone levels were in the normal range when they did blood tests though. You can have one or two sympotms and not others.

I'd recommend looking up PCOS and learning all you can. That's what I did. I also know someone who has completely changed their diet to a low glycemic to try and combat her PCOS.

I have no idea about the epilepsy medications etc - sorry!!

I have looked up PCOS and I do have a couple of symptoms (chin hair, irregular periods). I'm on CD47 today and still no AF. I will deffinately have to make a Dr appointment and this time I think I'm going to have to be more firm about her doing some tests. At least then I'll hopefully have an idea of what's going on. One thing that is confusing though, and I know I'm probably clutching at straws now, but they say a symptom of PCOS is shrinking or small breasts. I'm a 34JJ and they seem to be getting bigger. Particularlly over the past week or so?

Well, like I said you don't have to have all of the symptoms to have PCOS.
I definitely do not have shrinking or small boobs!
I've noticed that mine will get bigger just before af comes maybe yours is on the way?

Thank you Reba, for being so helpful. :hugs: I have made an appointment with my Dr for 10:40 tomorrow. Starting to feel nervous about it already. :sick: If any of you ladies could give me some advice on what questions I should ask her I'd really appreciate it

Hi Littlbabywish - my experience was that my dr ordered some blood tests to start with. They check the LH to FSH ratios and use this to determine whether further tests are required. THe LH and FSH should be similar in value but if the LH is much higher than the FSH it could suggest (but not diagnose PCOS). Mine was nearly 4 times higher and so I was referred for a scan.

During the scan they look at your ovaries to see whether there are lots of follicles (cysts). This can tell them more but again does not provide a definitive diagnosis.

With my wonky cycles, dodgy LH to FSH ratio but an inconclusive scan they referred me to a gynae. I was due to have this appointment when I fell pregnant so i'm not sure what they would have said. Unfortunately I lost the pregnancy at 9 weeks so I'm back to square one and just hoping that I didn't have PCOS and that my cycles might correct themselves.

Anyway, I would describe your symptoms (stressing your irregular periods) and ask whether they think it would be worth testing your hormones to check for indicators of PCOS.

Keep us posted x

PS Have you tested recently? Do you temp or use opks? I found both of these to be really helpful. It would have driven me crazy to be constantly wondering if I was pregnant so decided that I needed to know whether I had O'd or not. Some people find it helpful, others not - it is a personal decision, I guess.

Hi Struth! So sorry about your loss. Hopefully everything will be sorted out for you soon and you have a really sticky healthy egg. Thank you for your information and advice. I'll deffinately ask my Dr about this. I did have my hormones tested when I was younger but I was in my mid teens then so I guess they've most likely altered (think they came back normal?) I haven't done another HPT test as I'm too scared in case it's another BFN. I know that sounds abit nuts. I have tried OPKs but they don't seem to work, either that or I'm not ov'ing. I've bought a BBT thermometer but I haven't had AF show yet to start temping. Guess it's just waiting on the Dr and her opinion now. Will keep you posted on the developments.

BABY :dust: TO YOU ALL!!!

I wouldn't worry about waiting for af to start temping. I started temping in the middle of a "cycle" I ended up taking Provera to end that cycle. If I had waited for af to show up to start temping I would still be waiting 4 months later :)

The temping has really helped me to figure out what's happening with my body and to know that it is attempting to ovulate. I'm also checking cervical mucus. Google has become my best friend through this process. There are so many useful sites. If you are confused about CM let me know. Someone linked an awesome site that has pictures. Those really helped me to understand what the heck I was seeing :)

I agree - I would start temping now. I started mid cycle and it still picked up my ovulation. Hopefully you have already ovulated but it might help you out if you haven't.

hi ladies :wave: i was wondering if you would let me join your group,
a little about me............ been on the pill for about 15 years constantly, without a break. I stopped taking the at the end of july and am currently on my first cycle. Although i am using ovulation sticks and charting CM, CP and temp i dont seem to be getting any consistant readings, so i think i'm just going to wait for AF to show and then i can start afresh then.

Welcome gemmybean. I hope that your cycles sort themselves out quickly. As you have probably read, they can be a bit wonky after the pill. I had peep at your chart - are you taking temps at the same time each day? You have lots of open circles which indicate different times - that would affect your chart quite a bit?

Feeling really positive today, which strange given the circumstances :flower:

As I've had some bleeding I had a scan before the first part of my medical management to see if I had passed the pregnancy. While she was doing the internal scan I jokingly said "while you're up there is there any chance you could check my ovaries for cysts" and she did! Nothing there.

So despite being smack in the middle of a miscarriage, I am happy! I feel so positive about the future. I have put on all the weight I lost as I have eaten my bodyweight in chocolate and carbs over the last week, but I've lost it before, I will lose it again!

Fluffette - I was thinking about you earlier. Glad to hear that you are feeling positive. I was the same. I think I did most of my crying and being upset before the medical management (although I have done a fair bit since too!).

I also asked him to check my ovaries (how funny - might as well get maximum use of those scans, eh?!) and he said my right was fine which was the one that was supposed to have had the cyst previously but he couldn't see my left one (I think my intestine was in the way!).

When do you have part two - I think you said Friday? Or is it tomorrow? I hope is goes okay - you know where I am if you want to chat.

And as for your weight gain - I put on 6lbs and it has fallen off. I think some of it was fluid and bloating (although I think some of it was chocolate and sweets too!). Anyway, now I am exercising and watching my food again it has fallen off - I'm sure it will for you too.

Keep us posted honey. Will be thinking of you x

Hi all!

I have a question for you ladies that bought conceive plus!! Where did you buy it from? Can I get it in Canada from an online source??

Clomid here I come :happydance:

Oooo - I missed this bit on your journal. Meant to reply on there. I got mine through Amazon...

But you can buy it from their website : https://www.conceiveplus.com/ It seems quite expensive from them though. Having said that - it lasts forever! We bought ours in March/April and it is still half full. If I were you I would buy the tube rather than the individual pipettes as you can then use as much as little as you need. I would find the pipettes have too much in them.

Hi ladies! Saw my Dr yesterday and she's sending me for blood tests on my hormones. I'll be having them taken next Thursday:thumbup:. AF finally showed today. I'm partly relieved as it brings a new cycle and a new chance but also sad as it shows I'm deffinately not pg. Started temping this morning so fingers crossed that will help me work out what's going on too. I'd like to say thank you to you girls for your support and advice. You have no idea how much it's helped :hugs: If it's okay Reba, could you send me the CM link please as I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for either. I got Conceive + from Boots but you can get it cheaper from Amazon. I'd highly recommend it (very pleasurable) Hopefully all our cycles will be regular soon and I hope to see all us girls to get those long awaited :bfp:s

Also as a newbie on this thread myself, I'd like to say welcome gemmybean :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->