Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Ah - littlbabywish - so glad that your dr took you seriously and that you are getting tests done. Did they say how long it would be until you get your results? I think mine took about 3/4 days. I hope that you have some answers soon x

AFM - I have had an very-almost-positive-have-to-squint-to-see-the-line-test today. So I'm hoping tomorrow's will be negative and we can get this show on the road again. I guess it will still take a few days for my hcg to completely go as the tests is 20miu and I think it had to get to zero before you can ovulate again.

Here's hoping that by some miracle I have a lovely short cycle.

Hi ladies! Saw my Dr yesterday and she's sending me for blood tests on my hormones. I'll be having them taken next Thursday:thumbup:. AF finally showed today. I'm partly relieved as it brings a new cycle and a new chance but also sad as it shows I'm deffinately not pg. Started temping this morning so fingers crossed that will help me work out what's going on too. I'd like to say thank you to you girls for your support and advice. You have no idea how much it's helped :hugs: If it's okay Reba, could you send me the CM link please as I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for either. I got Conceive + from Boots but you can get it cheaper from Amazon. I'd highly recommend it (very pleasurable) Hopefully all our cycles will be regular soon and I hope to see all us girls to get those long awaited :bfp:s

Also as a newbie on this thread myself, I'd like to say welcome gemmybean :hi:

https://www.babycenter.com/101_what-cervical-mucus-looks-like-through-your-cycle_10351429.bc

Ok thanks Ladies :)
DH wanted me to buy it in a store... seems that I can't find a store that you CAN buy it in here. I don't think Amazon will ship it to Canada but I'll try. The Amazon.ca site never has anything on it! I did find it on ebay from two sellers in the US. Only one of them sold the tube version rather than the premade little ones. I totally agree with you Struth the little tube ones seem like too much plus the other one will last us longer.

I did come across Boots store but had never heard of it before. I'll check it out again. I just don't want to order something from the UK or Europe and have to wait for it to cross the Atlantic and then be shipped across the country!!

Hi all, so glad to have found this thread. This is my first cycle off of BC. I've had lots of weird symptoms: sore/full breasts and sensitive nipples like I've never had before, but two BFNs, so pretty sure I'm not pregnant. Anyway, we are sort of NTNP this month, but I plan to start temping and using OPKs as soon as my period gets here, which SHOULD be any day now. I am on CD30, so Fx'ed.

Welcome likeaustralia. I came off bcp 3 month ago after 7 year. My first cycle was 36 days and had very sore bbs and really bad period pains. It's been much better since then. Just stick it out. It takes a little while to get used to your body again and the first month is very confusing!

Hi Anti!
Haven't seen you around much lately. What is happening on your end?

Thank you for the link Reba, it's much appreciated. Now I have a better idea of what to look for.

Struth - I don't know as off yet how long it will take the results to come through. I'll ask when they take them.

I'll deffinately keep you all posted on the outcome as you've all been great. So happy I found this thread, it's been such a comfort :hugs:

BABY :dust: ALL ROUND!!!

Hi reba. I have been reading everyones posts and trying to keep up to date. I'm trying to not get too involved coz I don't wanna get stressed. On third month of ttc now and I'm 3 dpo. How you all getting along? My cycles are getting shorter as well which is great!

First "real" post-BC period started today! Hoping my cycles continue on a somewhat regular path going forward.

Well done likeaustralia. I remember when my first real period after bcp came. Was so happy! Was a 36 day cycle though so I know what you just went through!

I just stumbled across this thread and was wondering if I could join you lovely ladies!

I'm 29 (almost 30), came off bcp in February to start ttc and my cycles have been really epic since. First and second cycles were 59 days, now onto a whopping cd 69 of my third cycle and don't think I have o'd yet (ff thinks I have but my temps haven't risen much & much lower than they were post-o last time). The whole thing is completely stressing me out which is no doubt making it even worse.......such a cruel vicious circle......arrrgh!!!

Had a regular 28 day cycle when I went on to the pill 11 yrs ago and on a short break from it 6 yrs ago or so. Went to see gp in June who said it was fairly common to take up to 6 months to go back to normal after coming off bcp. Have now passed the 6 month mark so going back in 2 wks and planning on refusing to leave until they at least give me some blood tests....don't want to have to be a stroppy cow but want to know what is happening with my own body.

Feel like my body is broken, I'm terrified it's never going to go back to normal and that we'll never have the baby we so desperately want. Hubby doesn't seem to really understand and just keeps saying it'll be ok. One of my close friends who only started ttc in july just announced she is pregnant at the weekend. I'm really, really happy for her but have spent a lot of the past few days in tears. Hate being like that because it's really great news and I would never wish what I'm going through on my worst enemy.

Sorry for the ridiculously long rant! Just wondering if anyone has any advice or stories of a happy ending in a similar situation?

Hi Snowflake..
I think we are all on the same boat.. but i was on BC for 18 years. Came off last year December and started taking vitex right away, I got my cycle in 40 days and then continued to take it for a couple months and my cycle evened out at 30-33 days.. have you thought of trying that?

Its a natural herb you can get on amazon or ebay...

Currently I decided to stop it since I was on it for so long and this month my cycle actually shortened! I ovulated 4 days earlier.. which is great.. Im 33 TTC for #1 and praying its this month that brings me this beautiful gift.

If not, my doc is going to put me on a low dose of Clomid and I hope that helps me get my BFP!!!

FX and baby dust for you!

Hi Snowflake!

Yup we're all in similar situations!
I came of BCP in March and had one really really short cycle (like 2.5 weeks) and since then nothing naturally. I'm not ovulating and not getting af. I've been to see the dr and am now getting myself some clomid.

I totally understand about being in tears over a friend getting pregnant. I've had several friends become pregnant in the time that we've been trying. They are 3-4 months along now and it's really hard. :hugs:

Hi Snowflake!

Yup we're all in similar situations!
I came of BCP in March and had one really really short cycle (like 2.5 weeks) and since then nothing naturally. I'm not ovulating and not getting af. I've been to see the dr and am now getting myself some clomid.

I totally understand about being in tears over a friend getting pregnant. I've had several friends become pregnant in the time that we've been trying. They are 3-4 months along now and it's really hard. :hugs:

Yep, we all know how you feel. My sister, cousin and I all started TTC around the same time (we started TTC first actually) and both my sister and cousin had their babies before I even got pregnant! It was very hard but do know that your time will come. Its hard to believe sometimes but it will!!! Hang in there.

I came off BC right at the very beginning of April 2010 and got two natural periods (i think, its hard to remember) one was in August and then I took provera a few times from some medicated "periods" and had a natural one in December or January and nothing after so I finally started clomid and got my BFP that first month. (Reba, I hope you get yours the first try, too!)

Hi Snowflake, you've deffinately come to the right place here. Make sure you stand your ground with the Dr. I had to with mine and she agrred to get my hormones checked.

Had my blood tests taken today and they should be back by Tuesday. So I'll just have to wait :coffee: till then. I just hope this all can be sorted so we can get our much wanted :bfp:

Thanks ladies, it really helps knowing I am not alone in going through this. And to see a success story for missangie….congratulations!

I have tried vitex for the past 3 months but it doesn’t seem to have helped and I was worried it might have actually lengthened my cycle (now on cd 72 & not ov’d, my other two cycles were 59 days!) so I have stopped it now. FF did think I had ov’d about 16 days ago, I wasn’t convinced as my temps still seemed low but did a test this morning to be sure and BFN, so back to waiting for ov...

I hate feeling jealous of my friend, it’s brilliant news for her and I’m so happy for her, just wish it didn’t make me feel even worse about my own situation. Guess I’ll just have to be patient, something I’ve always been terrible at!

Littlbabywish can I ask what you said to dr to get them to agree to blood tests? I’m determined to get them done this time.

Good luck to all of you, hope we all get BFPs really soon!

hey girls

I hope you can help me

i come off the implant in feb and my afs returned stright away i got cought 1st month off ttc but it ended up mc i went to the hossy to have tests done cos they thought i was havin eptopic but thankfuly baby had passed it way out but they said i have tilted womb any way i went on the pill mayish time to july my last af was 16th july i have not had af since i have done a clearblue preg test both was very faint+ and last week i retested on poundland preggy tests all 5 of them was negs wth goin on with my body i been on the pill before had no probs with it before i concived my dd 2 months commin off the pill

My right boob hurts, been havin sicky spells terid some times have dizzy spells .

so frustrating

Will do Struth :thumbup:

Snowflake9 I told the Dr that I was getting really upset over how my cycles were and that I wanted to rule out PCOS. She asked what my weight was and how long my periods had been irregular ( pretty much since they started when I was 11). I think it was cause I was nearly in tears in her office that kind of got her to agree (I'm not normally emotional). I think the best thing is to tell your Dr how stressed you are and that you want some answers cause it's affecting your emotional health too. My Dr also told me that alot of woman who are ttc do get delayed periods because they want it so bad that their body kind of goes onto a temporary phantom pregnancy :shrug: Good luck at the Dr's and I hope you get some answers and your :bfp: soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->