Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

I have had my first normal pre-O temp since the mc this morning :happydance: I'm so excited! I just don't understand why it takes my body twice as long to do something as other ladies? I've been browsing the mc charts in FF and most seem to go back to their normal ranges within a couple of days to a week and here is me on CD25 and I'm only just getting there.

Oh well - I'm there now. I now just need to work out what will come first - O or AF?

Good news Struth, hope O comes for you, then a sticky little bean and no af for another 9 months. Did the drs give you any idea of what to expect first?

Not sure what my body is doing, temp dropped yesterday and today and showing all other signs of being fertile yesterday but we were away on Sat night and I forgot my cbfm so didn't use it yesterday! Did get a high this morning but based on the other signs today I think I might have missed my surge......guess I'll just need to be patient and see what my temp does over next couple of days.

Brilliant news Struth. Hopefully that :bfp: will be yours and Mr Stork will be winging his way to you soon.

Have a Drs appointment made for Friday. When I phoned them today they said my renal and full blood counts came back satisfactory but when I asked about the hormone results the receptionist said she didn't have them. Don't know whether to be worried or not :shrug:. Guess we'll just have to do some more waiting :coffee: . Will keep you all posted

Thanks guys!

Snowflake - I hope that you get some BD in tonight just in case?

Littlbabywish - the lack of information on your hormones might mean anything, they could just not be back yet. It's all about the waiting isn't it? Hope Friday comes round fast for you x

As if the crazy cycles aren't bad enough just to make the whole ttc thing even more difficult we've got crazy living circumstances at the moment so I'm away from home Mon-Wed nights every week, but BD this morning just in case! Actually wondering if the unsettled lifestyle is contributing to my problems but got to stick it out for another 8 months.

Littlbabywish - don't worry, like Struth said those tests might not be back yet or it might just be their standard practice to get doc to run through the hormone test results even if they are 'normal'. Hope all goes well on Friday.

Went to the Drs yesterday and my hormone results still haven't come back :growlmad: So it looks like at least another week for me to wait again :coffee: :dohh:

Well on CD4 and second day of Clomid. Fell asleep on the bed last night about 10pm in full clothing. DH woke up up at 1 am and tried to get me changed. This week must have been more exhausting than I thought! Can't wait for next week when the clomid will be done and I'll be on O watch!

Reba are you on 50mg? have you had any side effects? ahh I am so excited for you. I hope you get your BFP or at least O!! good luck!!

Hey, yes I'm on 50mg. So far I haven't noticed any side effects. I'm also really hoping for an O but a BFP would be super sweet as well! 3 more days of Clomid and on to the fun part!

Hi girls, I hope you don't mind if i join your thread? I have been using my lazy Sunday wisely and been reading all 116 pages...and I feel a little better knowing there are other people in similar positions.
Me and DH got married in June and came off the pill straight away. I had my usual withdrawal bleed, and am now on CD 77 :(
One thing I have been getting is spotting....it started as brown, but now seems to be a small bit of red spotting but only seems to be in the morning, no idea what is going on there, it's definitely not AF though.
I decided to ask around in my family to see about PCOS history as I have had bad skin since quitting the pill (but have always had fairly bad skin it has just got a lot worse), i have had a lot of hair falling out and noticing darker hairs growing on my chin/face. I found out my mum has pcos but managed to conceive naturally, and my aunty has it and had to use clomid to conceive. So it's not looking great.
I went to my doctors a week ago and had some swabs done just to check i didnt have thrush or anything because of spotting, and i have another appointment to go back in a week and a half to start the ball rolling with blood tests etc.
I just feel so drained already, it's so hard seeing other people come off the pill and go straight back to normal and I know it's going to be a long road ahead. I haven't been temping but was using opk's every other day but gave up a while ago. I think i might invest in a thermometer after reading this thread, might give me some clarity?
Anyway I am sorry for going on I just feel like i want to talk to people who understand.
xxx

Welcome Blondy :)
We all feel your pain. Since coming off the pill I have a weekly routine of pulling dark hairs off my sideburns and neck :( It wasn't as bad when I was on the pill. Glad you got the ball rolling with your Dr. hope you get some answers soon! Definitely get a thermometer it will shed some light on what is going on. :hugs:

welcome blondy! I would suggest a thermometer too. It feels like a hassle at first to do every morning but it really becomes part of your daily routine pretty quickly!

Hi Blondy, seems like we are all in the same boat! Would recommend temping as well, it's the only thing that keeping me sane at the moment, think I'd constantly be wondering if I was pregnant without it.

I had doc appt this morning, got horrible grumpy male gp. He has agreed to run blood test for hormones and thyroid but I have to wait another 2 weeks first to see if I get af, and if I do I need to wait to cd21 of next cycle (if not can just make an appt in 2 wks to get them done). Am I right in thinking they do cd21 tests to see if you have ov'd? Given that I'm on cd82 and my last 2 cycles before this were 59 days I think he might be being a bit optimistic thinking there's any point in cd21 tests for ov!

Having read a bit more on pcos I think that might be what's wrong with me, it seems like my body keeps trying to ov and then it's not happening. Skin isn't great on my chin. I told doc I was worried about pcos but he just said t's quite common for it to take 12 months to go back to normal cycles and that I don't have any other symptoms of pcos (af was regular before bcp, I've got quite a low bmi etc). Bet I'm right though, sometimes I think we know more about our own bodies that the doctors do!

littlbabywish - did they say why the blood tests are taking so long to come back? Hope you get them really soon. The joys of the nhs eh?!

Reba - excited to see what happens with the clomid - hope this is your bfp!!

Hi Blondy, seems like we are all in the same boat! Would recommend temping as well, it's the only thing that keeping me sane at the moment, think I'd constantly be wondering if I was pregnant without it.

I had doc appt this morning, got horrible grumpy male gp. He has agreed to run blood test for hormones and thyroid but I have to wait another 2 weeks first to see if I get af, and if I do I need to wait to cd21 of next cycle (if not can just make an appt in 2 wks to get them done). Am I right in thinking they do cd21 tests to see if you have ov'd? Given that I'm on cd82 and my last 2 cycles before this were 59 days I think he might be being a bit optimistic thinking there's any point in cd21 tests for ov!

Having read a bit more on pcos I think that might be what's wrong with me, it seems like my body keeps trying to ov and then it's not happening. Skin isn't great on my chin. I told doc I was worried about pcos but he just said t's quite common for it to take 12 months to go back to normal cycles and that I don't have any other symptoms of pcos (af was regular before bcp, I've got quite a low bmi etc). Bet I'm right though, sometimes I think we know more about our own bodies that the doctors do!

littlbabywish - did they say why the blood tests are taking so long to come back? Hope you get them really soon. The joys of the nhs eh?!

Reba - excited to see what happens with the clomid - hope this is your bfp!!

Snowflake - I had cd21 tests done at about cd55! I had the same problem as you and so my GP just decided to do them whenever just to see what came back. My hormones were all over the place but I still haven't had a diagnosis (I got pregnant and that stopped all investigations). However, I was convinced that I had PCOS but now I am less sure. Since my mc my cycle has been so much more 'normal' and I'm hopeful that time and the mc has sorted me out. I came off the pill in December 2010, had a 55 day cycle, then 29, then 89 and then got pregnant after O'ing on cd16. I know it is frustrating and you worry that everything is wrong with you but you need to give your body as much time as possible. At the time, I almost wanted to have PCOS because it could be treated 'now'!! In hindsight though, I really hope I don't as it brings so many other complications with it.

I hope you get some answers soon hon x

Thanks Struth, that's exactly how I'm feeling right now, almost want it to pcos because then I know what it is and can get it treated. Just going to try to be patient and not think about it too much (easier said than done!) for the next couple of weeks until I can get the blood tests done.x

Hello Blondy, welcome to the thread! Hopefully you'll find the support you need with us. I know I did.:happydance:

Phoned the Dr a couple of days ago and they had to call the hospital to see if the hormone tests were done yet. Apparently they are now but they've got to be looked over by the cosultant then my Dr. I'll be calling them again next week to see if they've come through. All this waiting is getting me tense. :growlmad:

I hope all of you girls are doing okay! :hugs:

CD 11 for me and really really hoping for a clomid O and a BFP. I'm confused as heck about my temps this cycle. They are a good .2 or .3 higher than my normal range of temps :saywhat:. I don't think that's a bad thing as long as I O and the temp shoots up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->