Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Hi Girls,
Thanks for the welcome!
I went to the doctors on Thursday and having blood tests next week and also been referred for a internal ultrasound, but Dr said it will be 5-6 weeks for an appointment, hopefully they will call/write to me with a date this week.
I am exactly the same as you snowflake, everything is pointing to PCOS really. I am on CD84 today with no sign of anything happening. My skin is awful, the worst it has ever been with spots all round my chin, jawline and neck :( So although I really don't want it to be PCOS, I am glad I should have a diagnosis within a couple of months, and hopefully will be reffered to the hospital then. Like you, I have a normal BMI too which is one positive. I also got my hair cut this weekend, into a long bob! I love it, and it's so different, so has cheered me up slightly!
Reba - maybe the clomid has made your temp rise a little, I saw others saying that hot flushes were one of the side effects?
Big hugs to all you ladies, at least we can talk about it on here xxx

CD 11 for me and really really hoping for a clomid O and a BFP. I'm confused as heck about my temps this cycle. They are a good .2 or .3 higher than my normal range of temps :saywhat:. I don't think that's a bad thing as long as I O and the temp shoots up!

my temps were a bit higher when I was on clomid! I think its normal for that to happen. Bring on the O!

Oh good to know missangie!

I'm happy to say that the breakouts on my chin, neck, and chest have eased up a bit. I sound like I looked like you Blondy! SO frustrating hey?

I can't wait to have an O. Really want to be following in your foot steps missangie! :hugs:

Hi everyone, I am new!! I hope this is a good thread for me-- there are so many!
I'm 31, ttc #1, first month off bcp (have been on it for almost 15yrs!). Got a couple questions about ovulation and possible symptoms, etc. Of course I don't know if my cycles are irregular, but I thought some of you here might be able to help me with my very first post-pill symptoms.....

Today is cd 12. I started testing for Ov on cd 7, since I have no idea what my cycles will be like (of course, will I ovulate?)! Using Answer opk test strips. Not very good at the subtle interpretations yet, but I may have gotten a pos LH surge on fri 11am (cd 10). Test looked pretty positive (was darkest I have seen it yet-- I think it was as dark as the control line!??). Was excited but then got definite negative later that night 8pm. Yesterday, and a little today (cd 11 and cd 12), I definitely have cramping (dull and consistent, like mentstrual cramps). Also, opk strips are super negative (almost no test line). Could I have had a LH surge on cd 10 and be having ovulation cramps yesterday and today? Or is it more likely that I am just having cramping due to recently stopping bcp? No, I am not charting bbt or anything else, so I have no way of being sure whether or not I am/have ovulated. Do ov cramps happen to anyone else, and do they happen before or on the day of? Would I be able to distinguish ov cramps versus post-pill cramping? Any ideas out there?? Thanks!

I didn't pay attention to my body the first month off the pill so I'm no help! sorry
Welcome and good luck!

I read something about Clomid reducing or inhibiting estrogen levels or something, which would explain why it would cause a slight temp increase. Don't think the actual temps matter so long as you get a rise - really hope it's just around the corner for you!

Got an appointment for my blood test on Friday, which was a bit sooner than I was expecting - happy to be getting something done but nervous about what the results will be.

Andromeda - sounds like you might have Ov'd, think the LH surge can be quite short, only way you can be sure if temping - it's not for everyone but it's just about kept me sane through my current ridiculously long cycle!

Good luck with your test results snowflake, hopefully it will be good news.

My results have come through and my Dr should be calling me today to discuss them :help: The receptionist said they've come back satifactory but I think it's best for me to talk to my Dr as I'm on CD27 and have no signs of ovulation at all :saywhat: I think I might have to start taking Agnus Castus to see what that does. Either that or just giving up :cry:

I just really want to be pregnant NOW!!! :growlmad:

Thanks littlbabywish! Glad your results are finally back and good news that they are ok. Hope your chat with the dr went well.

Can I ask, did you need to fast before your blood test? Receptionist at gp just asked me if it was a fasting or non-fasting blood test - I'm presuming it's non-fasting but the GP didn't actually say either way!

Getting myself worked up thinking about the worst case scenario, if they tell me I have premature ovarian failure or something.....need to try to distract myself until I get the results!!

Thank you snowflake. Mine were fasting tests. I think it's best to fast for yours just to be on the safe side. I really wish I could say for you to stay calm and relax but that would be hypercritical of me cause I was going out of my mind:wacko:. The best thing is probably talking to your OH about it.

My Dr has said they've all come back normal. When I asked why I'm not ovulating she said sometimes stress can cause it:shrug: She said to just keep trying. I'm on CD28 and still haven't ovulated yet :huh: Someone did say on here that they ovulated on CD49 and got pregnant

I hope your test results come back normal snowflake :hugs:

Good luck with your test results snowflake, hopefully it will be good news.

My results have come through and my Dr should be calling me today to discuss them :help: The receptionist said they've come back satifactory but I think it's best for me to talk to my Dr as I'm on CD27 and have no signs of ovulation at all :saywhat: I think I might have to start taking Agnus Castus to see what that does. Either that or just giving up :cry:

I just really want to be pregnant NOW!!! :growlmad:

Glad to hear that they have come back normal. Do you know what they tested for exactly. It might be worth you asking for a copy of the results so you can check them over. They are happy to give you a copy if you ask. I would book an appointment with your dr to chat over the results and see what s/he says about a way forward. Keep us posted hon x

Thanks littlbabywish! Glad your results are finally back and good news that they are ok. Hope your chat with the dr went well.

Can I ask, did you need to fast before your blood test? Receptionist at gp just asked me if it was a fasting or non-fasting blood test - I'm presuming it's non-fasting but the GP didn't actually say either way!

Getting myself worked up thinking about the worst case scenario, if they tell me I have premature ovarian failure or something.....need to try to distract myself until I get the results!!

How soon until you get the results snowflake? I know exactly how you feel - I was so worried about everything but I'm sure that they will be fine. And if they are not - there is lots they can do to help nowadays... I have my FX'd for you x

AFM.... I got my :bfp: this morning (I know some of you know this already from other boards but I just wanted all the ladies who have been so supportive on here to know) x :happydance: :happydance:

Wow Struth! So happy for you hon!! That's amazing news :happydance: Did wonder after seeing your temp yesterday but didn't want to get your hopes up after the rough time you had last week! Explains why you were emotional though!! Fingers and everything else crossed that this is your sticky bean. Xx

Got the blood test on Friday and not sure how long results take. I need to keep myself away from google until then.....have convinced myself there are a million things wrong with me recently! Today i'm convinced it's my thyroid, although I have some symptoms of hypothryoidism and some of hyperthyroidism......:haha: The internet is both a blessing & a curse for me just now! Hoping the test results will at least cure me of my new hypochondriac tendencies (as is DH!)!

No news from me yet.
It's looking like O is coming so I'm really crossing my fingers. Keeping a strict BD schedule which has also been fun so neither DH or me is complaining ;)

Hope your test results shed some light for you snowflake :)

Thanks Reba! Think I'm starting to go a bit crazy as now on cd90](*,)

Really hope O is coming for you and that this is a clomid bfp for you!

I totally hear you. The only reason why I had "cycles" is because I had Provera to end them so I could start fresh. Was on CD72 for the longest one (if I remember correctly) so frustrating :hugs:

Thank you snowflake. Mine were fasting tests. I think it's best to fast for yours just to be on the safe side. I really wish I could say for you to stay calm and relax but that would be hypercritical of me cause I was going out of my mind:wacko:. The best thing is probably talking to your OH about it.

My Dr has said they've all come back normal. When I asked why I'm not ovulating she said sometimes stress can cause it:shrug: She said to just keep trying. I'm on CD28 and still haven't ovulated yet :huh: Someone did say on here that they ovulated on CD49 and got pregnant

I hope your test results come back normal snowflake :hugs:

Thanks littlbabywish - will fast for mine just to be sure I don't mess up whatever they are testing for. DH has been really supportive, keeps telling me that hopefully it'll all be fine but if not we'll do everything we can to get past any problems. Unfortunately I spend Mon-Wed night every week away from home and find those are the days I have too much time to myself to think about things......home tomorrow though.

Glad your results are all normal, guess you just need to try to relax and hopefully O will come soon. Think for some people it does just take a while for things to settle down.

I totally hear you. The only reason why I had "cycles" is because I had Provera to end them so I could start fresh. Was on CD72 for the longest one (if I remember correctly) so frustrating :hugs:

Thanks hon, think I might ask about Provera when my test results come back, I'm rapidly heading for 100 days and my previous 2 cycles were 59 days each so this one is a lot longer.

Hi everyone, I am new!! I hope this is a good thread for me-- there are so many!
I'm 31, ttc #1, first month off bcp (have been on it for almost 15yrs!). Got a couple questions about ovulation and possible symptoms, etc. Of course I don't know if my cycles are irregular, but I thought some of you here might be able to help me with my very first post-pill symptoms.....

Today is cd 12. I started testing for Ov on cd 7, since I have no idea what my cycles will be like (of course, will I ovulate?)! Using Answer opk test strips. Not very good at the subtle interpretations yet, but I may have gotten a pos LH surge on fri 11am (cd 10). Test looked pretty positive (was darkest I have seen it yet-- I think it was as dark as the control line!??). Was excited but then got definite negative later that night 8pm. Yesterday, and a little today (cd 11 and cd 12), I definitely have cramping (dull and consistent, like mentstrual cramps). Also, opk strips are super negative (almost no test line). Could I have had a LH surge on cd 10 and be having ovulation cramps yesterday and today? Or is it more likely that I am just having cramping due to recently stopping bcp? No, I am not charting bbt or anything else, so I have no way of being sure whether or not I am/have ovulated. Do ov cramps happen to anyone else, and do they happen before or on the day of? Would I be able to distinguish ov cramps versus post-pill cramping? Any ideas out there?? Thanks!

I had lots of mid-cycle cramping (actually mid-cycle through period) for my first 3 cycles off the BCP. I read somewhere that being on the pill can make you vitamin B6 deficient so I started on a prenatal and B-complex and that pretty much took care of the cramping.

I also never got a positive OPK the first month, but I don't think I was testing at the right time (Answer brand instructions tell you test with FMU). I switched from the Answer brand to the internet cheapies (Wondfo) so that I could test several times a day and once I did had positives every month around CD 18. Keep testing, maybe twice a day, because you may not have ovulated yet. My pattern is a fade in, so I can get many days of almost as dark as the control line. The day when it's positive, it's super dark - even darker than the control line. Temping is also good, but a lot of work.

Wow Struth! So happy for you hon!! That's amazing news :happydance: Did wonder after seeing your temp yesterday but didn't want to get your hopes up after the rough time you had last week! Explains why you were emotional though!! Fingers and everything else crossed that this is your sticky bean. Xx

Got the blood test on Friday and not sure how long results take. I need to keep myself away from google until then.....have convinced myself there are a million things wrong with me recently! Today i'm convinced it's my thyroid, although I have some symptoms of hypothryoidism and some of hyperthyroidism......:haha: The internet is both a blessing & a curse for me just now! Hoping the test results will at least cure me of my new hypochondriac tendencies (as is DH!)!

Oh - I had that one too - although I couldn't decide between underactive or overactive :haha: It is madness isn't it? I would tell you to stop googling but I know that you probably won't (!) so just try to take everything you read with a pinch of salt until you see the dr (one more sleep) x

Congratulations Struth!!! Sooo pleased for you.

I was the same too snowflake. I got loads of books from the library to research PCOS and I was constantly googling stuff thinking it's this or it sounds like that. I think we don't realise how insane we are until we TTC:haha:

I've started taking Agnus Castus now to see if that helps. There's an independant health store not far from me and the woman was very helpful and informative. She said she had a friend who swore by Agnus Castus to get pregnant. She took for a few months and concieved all 3 of her children with it. She also said to maybe calm TTCing down while I give it time to work. She also thinks stress may be a factor. (Am I seeing a pattern here with the stress advice?):shrug: I think at this point I'm going to have to take the advice.

Also found out that my family aren't as fertile as I thought. My aunt was trying for 12 months to get pregnant with her second son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->