Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Well had my bloods taken today and been told to call them next Friday to see if the results are back, so hoping in 10 days or so I should be starting to get some answers to what it going on. The Nurse was really nice and kept telling it's quite common for it to take up to 12 months to get normal cycles back after the pill. Either way at least I feel something is happening now in terms of getting a diagnosis or reassurance, even if nothing is actually happening with my stupid body!

Littlbabywish, I've heard lots of people who had success with Agnus Castus. I tried for about 8 wks or so on this cycle but when this one started getting longer than the last two I came off as I'd managed to find something on the internet saying it can delay O for a very small minority of women. Suspect it wasn't that for me though as now been off it for 40 days or something and still no O! Think there's a very good chance it could help you. What dose are you taking?

Well had my bloods taken today and been told to call them next Friday to see if the results are back, so hoping in 10 days or so I should be starting to get some answers to what it going on. The Nurse was really nice and kept telling it's quite common for it to take up to 12 months to get normal cycles back after the pill. Either way at least I feel something is happening now in terms of getting a diagnosis or reassurance, even if nothing is actually happening with my stupid body!

I'm beginning to think that that was what was wrong with my body. It seems to have straightened itself out a bit more recently (I came off the pill in December 2010). Last cycle I o'd on cd16 and this one was cd27 (even with the mc) so I think it might have been the pill messing me up. I think you really have to give it a good 8 or more months to be sure. I know it is difficult though - especially when you are in the middle of a stupidly long cycle and you don't know how long it is going to last. I guess we just have to take it one day at a time.

You will get there snowflake x

It's so frustrating isn't it Snowflake?
I hope you get some answers soon!

I'm taking 1000mg a day of Agnus Castus and I'm now on CD32 and still haven't ovulated (you should see my chart:wacko:) Starting taking 50mg of vitamin B6 as I've heard that can help too.

We've decided to NTNP for awhile to take the pressure off and see if this cocktail of pills and powder work.

I hope your test results come back okay and I hope you don't need to wait as long as I did

BABY :dust:

Ahhh just logged on here and seen your good news Struth...congrats!! FX this one is super sticky!
Snowflake I hope your bloods come back ok, or if they find anything then they will refer you quickly.
I have my blood test on Tuesday morning and just waiting for my internal scan appointment to come through. Really hope it's not too long a wait, I have had spotting for a good 60 days now and it's so irritating/worrying :( No sign of ov either, it's coming up to 3 months since i finished the pill, CD81 I think.
littlbabywish I hope that AC helps you! There are loads of success stories out there!
I never knew TTC would be this difficult!
Reba - how is the clomid going, any signs of Ov?
xxx

Well I think my body tried to Ov but ff hasn't confirmed an O yet as my temps haven't gone up high enough. I guess we'll see what the next few days bring and we'll go from there.

Blood test on Tuesday to check progesterone levels. Dr appt the next week and then we'll be looking at a second round of clomid if nothing did happen. We'll also be doing an HSG to check for blocked tubes. If I didn't O then we'll be upping the dose to 100mg.

:shrug: wait and see at this point.

Thanks for thinking of me :)

Anyone else have news!?

ahh I hope you O'd Reba! But if not, maybe the HSG and 100mg will be the magic "potion" I had an HSG right before I started clomid and perhaps thats what really helped me get a BFP. Im still crossing my fingers you wont need another cycle though!! :)

Thanks missangie - I would love to have O'd as well and get a BFP!!
I know DH would love it if there was no more clomid. I've been a blubbering mess the last week. :shrug: oh well the things we do for a BFP :)

Thanks missangie - I would love to have O'd as well and get a BFP!!
I know DH would love it if there was no more clomid. I've been a blubbering mess the last week. :shrug: oh well the things we do for a BFP :)

:hugs: Bloody hormones mess with our heads don't they?

Hi girls:hi: I know I'm being a total pain and freaking out to you all about my ovulation or lack there of but is there any chance you could take a peek at my bbt chart to see what you make of it? Thank you in advance and any advice or thoughts would really be appreciated

Don't worry about the freakout hon - i'm the worst at those!!

I just had a peek at your chart and it doesn't look like you have O'd yet I'm afraid - well your temps aren't confirming it anyway. I guess if your temp continued to rise over the next day or two then it might put it in but there is no obvious ovulation at the moment.

Where are you with the drs hon?

Thank you for looking struth.
I've started taking Agnus Castus, Maca and B6 to see if that helps. I'll give it a couple of months and if that doesn't work I'll go back to the Dr's to see about a second lot of blood tests to see if the first lot might of missed something

Well, I think I'm out this month. Good news is it looks like I am getting semi-regular cycles just 2 months after BC. Onto the next month!

And good luck to everyone still in for this month. :)

Littlbabywish - doesn't look you have o'd yet. On my first cycle charting when my temp wasn't going up I kept wondering if maybe it just wouldn't for me but then I O'd on cd50 and got a very clear temp shift. Hopefully the AC will work for you and help bring on O soon.

Sorry to hear you're out likeaustralia but very good news that your cycles are back to normal already - I'm very jealous!

I've had a few days away from here as been trying not to think about it all too much while waiting for my blood test results and also trying to study for an exam I've got at end of October. Not succeeding much on either count though......working myself into a terrible state worrying about blood test results. Going to call tomorrow to see if they are back. Terrified it's going to be really bad news and they'll just say there's no chance....arrrgh.

Not helping that I'll be on cd100 on Friday.....how the heck has that happened?! Thought things were meant to improve the longer you were off bcp not get worse!

To top it all off my skin has exploded the last fews days and feeling like a teenager again.

Sorry for the rant ladies, I'm just full of the joys of life tonight!!

I hate the skin explosions!
I complained to DH and he said "well maybe that's a good thing because your body is getting itself sorted out!?"

Great!! :dohh: just what I need pimples all over the place and people looking at me like I don't eat properly or bathe properly! :dohh:

I hope you get af soon snowflake CD100 OMG thankfully my gyne got me Provera to force an af so I could start over again on CD1

Not helping that I'll be on cd100 on Friday.....how the heck has that happened?! Thought things were meant to improve the longer you were off bcp not get worse!

I'm on CD...*goes to check FF*.....104 today, so i'm right there with ya!
I've gotten norethisterone from my doctor, but am a little reluctant to take it just yet and need to book my bloods even though last time we were TTC and had bloods done they came back perfectly normal :wacko:

Hope your all enjoying the sunny weather this week!

Heidi - sounds like you are in a similar place to me! Really just want this cycle over now, think if gp would give me something to bring on af i'd take it now.

Think my body has been trying to ov again last few days but it's done that a couple of times this cycle without success so not holding out much hope!

Called the docs to see if blood test results were back and been told they are back and gp needs to discuss them with me, the nurse who took the blood said they'd only do that if there was something wrong so I'm more than a little freaked out now. Have to wait for gp to call me 'sometime after 3 tomorrow'......wish they could just tell me now, not sure how I'm going to manage to work, sleep or eat until I know, got all the worst case scenarios running through my head. Even the sunshine isn't cheering me up now!

I'm sorry your doc is making you wait like that snowflake. Hopefully it's just something simple that they can fix for you. I know it's hard, but try to stay calm - maybe distract yourself with something out of your regular schedule (haircut, new shoe shopping?) so you can stop thinking about it for a little while. Good luck - I'll be thinking of you!

Heidi - sounds like you are in a similar place to me! Really just want this cycle over now, think if gp would give me something to bring on af i'd take it now.

Think my body has been trying to ov again last few days but it's done that a couple of times this cycle without success so not holding out much hope!

Called the docs to see if blood test results were back and been told they are back and gp needs to discuss them with me, the nurse who took the blood said they'd only do that if there was something wrong so I'm more than a little freaked out now. Have to wait for gp to call me 'sometime after 3 tomorrow'......wish they could just tell me now, not sure how I'm going to manage to work, sleep or eat until I know, got all the worst case scenarios running through my head. Even the sunshine isn't cheering me up now!

My Dr did the same to me when my results came back i was shaking when they rung and all she said was my levels were fine and she thinks my body is just taking a bit longer to 'wake up'. Not sure what they will say next time round though because i've only been back on it a year this time.
Fx'd every thing will be fine for you.
I more or less begged my doctor to give me norethisterone she really didnt want to do it, when i said i just want to start a fresh cycle and be back at cd1 she gave me a lecture about it not really being cd1 because i wont ovulate blah blah blah which i already knew about obviously, but last time i took it my cycle went between 35-68 which ids way better than 100+, she seemed to think it was more a physiological reason for me wanting it and said i was just pumping my body with more artificial hormones, needless to say she really Pissed me off!!! :growlmad: I'm going to wait till after my birthday this weekend and take them because it gave me a few side effects last time.

Sorry for the long post :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->