Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

So on round 1 of clomid. Today is cd15 and I've been getting pains in stomach all day and tmi my cm is sticky and stretchy. sorry for the details. any advice?do you's think i've actually ov?? first time in nearly a year if I did.

2 dpo today, hopefully things will change this cycle as I've just finished my first round of clomid. :thumbup:

Fingers crossed for you amelia hope the tww goes quickly x

2 dpo today, hopefully things will change this cycle as I've just finished my first round of clomid. :thumbup:

Hi ameila, im going to start clomid in a couple of weeks so just curious to know how you know you ovulated? Do you get a blood test? Sincerely hope everything goes well for you xx

Hi ameila, im going to start clomid in a couple of weeks so just curious to know how you know you ovulated? Do you get a blood test? Sincerely hope everything goes well for you xx

Your doctor should order a day 21 progesterone test to see if you ovulated. If not I strongly recommend charting.

I O'd on Saturday so I'm right in the 2WW with you. First time we tried since the MC.

Thanks trish, as I haven't had a cycle in almost a year do you know if they'll just start me at anytime on clomid-I don't have a day 2 etc! Really hope the 2 weeks goes quickly for you x

Thanks trish, as I haven't had a cycle in almost a year do you know if they'll just start me at anytime on clomid-I don't have a day 2 etc! Really hope the 2 weeks goes quickly for you x

They start you towards the beginning of your cycle. Depending on the doctor it will either be CD3-7, CD4-8, or CD5-9. The most common is CD 3-7. If you haven't had a period in awhile they should give you progesterone to induce a new cycle so that you can start the clomid.

If you have any questions please let me know. :thumbup:

Mr Reiver's swimmers are completely normal!!!

We are going to give it a while before I make the appointment to get my tubes flushed, as Mr Reiver got the new job and can't take any days off for the first month. Last 5 weeks have been full of good news for us, I am just starting week two of 2ww so here's hoping for more.

Thanks trish.

How are you getting on Amelia?

Great news mrs reiver!

Hey Mouse, thanks - sorry I have no experience of clomid (yet?) so have no advice to offer but you are in safe, experienced hands with the ladies here.

Amelia - how are you getting on darling? Have the side effects from the metformin settled down? My dad is on it for T2 diabetes and says it's not pleasant at all. I nearly nicked a packet of his tablets when I was visiting last week :haha:

How pathetic is it that Mr Reiver is more knowledgeable about my cycle than I am? Since we stopped temping I've been in a "wait and see" frame of mind, if my period turns up it turns up, if it doesn't - then I'll start to get a bit excited. This evening, Mr Reiver gets the calendar out and says "Eh Mrs Reiver - isn't it about now that you are normally getting PMT, cramps and spotting?" Of course he's right.

I'm on day 24, in every single cycle since my cycles became regular (in August) I have had PMT, cramping and spotting on day 23 and 24. Not this time. Trying so hard not to get excited. POAS on Wednesday, will keep you posted.

Useless coincidence (I love these) if I am pregnant, I will be due on the 28th February, the same day mum was due when she was expecting me.

Mrs Reiver, mouse12 - Hi!! I'm currently CD25, 10dpo. I dont want to be getting my hopes up as this is prob our first real cycle ttc since we started this journey last August. I'm optimistic that clomid has worked first time, I do feel different. As for the metformin, it made very sick, awful headaches, upset stomach. I gave up taking it, I couldn't manage work and the sick feeling all the time.

Can you guys give me some advice? When should I test if no af turns up??Also since I came off the pill I had only two af's and these only came as a result of provera. My point is how many days do I let this cycle run onto if I get BFN before I take provera to start next cycle if my af doesnt appear natrually.

That all sounds really positive Amelia, I'm really hopeful for you. With regard to your questions I'm not sure-and a tad confused. If you're not pregnant but have ovulated, why would you need to take provera-you would have a period as a result of ovulation I think? In which case I'd have thought you start round 2 of clomid on whatever cycle day your doctor has said to.

When do you think you'll do a hpt? Have you been temping or using opks? X

Oh gosh I've no idea Amelia - I have a direct line to our fertility nurse, would you be able to phone and ask someone for advice? Hopefully it won't come to that and you will get your BFP. Everything cross for you.

Still no spotting or PMT symptoms here. Starting to get a tiny bit hopeful.

Mrs Reiver, Mouse 12- Its great that the doctor has put me on clomid but I feel that I'm left totally in the dark. If clomid worked that's great and if I ov and am not preg that means af should come naturally.

Am just being negative given the fact that since I came of the pill nearly a year ago I've yet to have an af which came naturally (2 cycles as a result of provera in nearly a year)

I don't chart or use opks as I know this would add more stress and I would become obsessed with it.

I haven't a clue as when to take a pregnancy test. Today is cd26 and I think 11dpo. When do you's think? I would rather leave it as late as possible

Oh gosh I've no idea Amelia - I have a direct line to our fertility nurse, would you be able to phone and ask someone for advice? Hopefully it won't come to that and you will get your BFP. Everything cross for you.

Still no spotting or PMT symptoms here. Starting to get a tiny bit hopeful.

Fingers crossed for you. I think I'll try get the number of the clinic and ring for their advice

Hey Amelia, if you have ovulated and youre not pregnant then your period will come - i dont think its possible not to as the egg has been released. I'm in the same boat as you in that I haven't had a period since coming off the pill last July, so the reason we both havent is because we havent been ovulating. If clomid has succeeded in making you ovulate, youll either be pregnant or have a bleed. So either is good news!

So do you know if you've ovulated? If youre not 100% sure then you should go and get a blood test to check - normally doctors will do this on day 21 of the cycle. Is there a walk in blood test clinic at your doctors? Most of them have walk in slots at some point during the day.

I've read other peoples posts throughout this forum and a lot of women will test anywhere from 10dpo, but youre totally right in that waiting will obviously make the result more accurate. I know that a lot of pregnancy tests advertise that they can detect hcg before your period is due, and as periods arrive on average on day 28, i guess a couple days before that. But you should just do it when you feel comfortable. I'd say the main thing is to try and get a blood test to confirm ovulation.

Try not to be worried, not ovulating is the most common cause of infertility and I think the one that is easiest to treat, so its not all bad. Ive also read that clomid is effective in making 80% of women ovulate. I think ive also mentioned previously that i know of 2 people who didnt have a period about a year after the pill, and have since returned to regular cycles. I know everyone is different and thats not to say the same would happen to us without clomid, but it does suggest that women can have periods of absent periods (no pun intended) and then return to regularity.

Hope this has been helpful in some way, stay strong.

Hey Amelia, if you have ovulated and youre not pregnant then your period will come - i dont think its possible not to as the egg has been released. I'm in the same boat as you in that I haven't had a period since coming off the pill last July, so the reason we both havent is because we havent been ovulating. If clomid has succeeded in making you ovulate, youll either be pregnant or have a bleed. So either is good news!

So do you know if you've ovulated? If youre not 100% sure then you should go and get a blood test to check - normally doctors will do this on day 21 of the cycle. Is there a walk in blood test clinic at your doctors? Most of them have walk in slots at some point during the day.

I've read other peoples posts throughout this forum and a lot of women will test anywhere from 10dpo, but youre totally right in that waiting will obviously make the result more accurate. I know that a lot of pregnancy tests advertise that they can detect hcg before your period is due, and as periods arrive on average on day 28, i guess a couple days before that. But you should just do it when you feel comfortable. I'd say the main thing is to try and get a blood test to confirm ovulation.

Try not to be worried, not ovulating is the most common cause of infertility and I think the one that is easiest to treat, so its not all bad. Ive also read that clomid is effective in making 80% of women ovulate. I think ive also mentioned previously that i know of 2 people who didnt have a period about a year after the pill, and have since returned to regular cycles. I know everyone is different and thats not to say the same would happen to us without clomid, but it does suggest that women can have periods of absent periods (no pun intended) and then return to regularity.

Hope this has been helpful in some way, stay strong.

Hi thanks so much for your support. I did get my 21 bloods done, but I don't know how long it takes for the results to come back? Thanks for the advice re-ov. At this stage I would be happy if my af came naturally that way I'd know that clomid has worked. As for testing, I'm cd 26 so I think I'll hold off until at least cd 30? what you think?

No problem Amelia. Well when I get bloods done I get the results either the same day or following-if I were you I'd call tomorrow morning.

Re testing-if you've ovulated but not pregnant you should get your period roughly on cd28 so I know if it was me I'd have tested cd26 or 37- but impatient!!

Let me know how you get on hun x

BFP this morning - now officially terrified and trying not to get too excited in case of a repeat of last time. Help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->