Post Pregnancy Pics!

I did 17days on 'The Master Cleanse detox' which was Cayenne Pepper, Grade B Maple Syrup, & Lemons mixed with 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. With uniodized sea salt water flush and herbal laxative tea in conjunction with the lemonade mixture.
I took extreamly unwell as I collapsed my iron levels dropped to 4 they should be 12 I was in for a transfusion and refused, I was then given iron injections with a triple dose of tablets and took three moths to recover. Yeah I lost a heap of weight but I could barely lift my head:dohh:

I don't recommend fasting ever, not if you want to be healthy or look after a LO its stupidity!

Yea figured I'd get those responses. Doesn't bother me. Like someone said, to each it own. I'm still going to do it. Cause I want to. End of story. If I do fail however, at least I can say I tried.

Everyone says I shouldn't drag race either, yet I still do it. Every month. And I love it. Doesn't mean I'll love fasting lol, just means I'll do it and see how it goes.

OBVIOUSLY I'm not going to continue if I feel weak. Now THAT'S stupid.

Thanks for the info though ladies. I like opinions.

:dohh:
So what happens if you collapse when LO is in your care?
What if no1 is around?

^

You're making it seem like I'm going to lock myself in a cellar for a month and not come out. I think as a mother I have more than enough common sense to realize if this isn't working. And like I said, if I can't make it then I can't make it. I'm not trying to prove anything. I just want to do it.

Everyone is against me doing it, I don't want you ladies to not like me or not want me to be here anymore because of something I want to do. =(

Yea figured I'd get those responses. Doesn't bother me. Like someone said, to each it own. I'm still going to do it. Cause I want to. End of story. If I do fail however, at least I can say I tried.

Everyone says I shouldn't drag race either, yet I still do it. Every month. And I love it. Doesn't mean I'll love fasting lol, just means I'll do it and see how it goes.

Thanks for the info though ladies. I like opinions.

While drinking fresh juice as part of a complete diet can be healthful, fasting on them can pose dangers. Based on the recipes in Murray's book, most juices contain calories ranging from the low 30s to about 200. Drinking five or six juices per day would only amount to a maximum of around 1,200 calories. A diet that has fewer than 1,200 calories daily is approaching a dangerously low caloric intake, notes Haas, and can result in lost muscle mass and a decreased metabolism if continued for more than a few days. The evidence suggests that while the ingredients have health benefits, the physical results of a 30-day juice fast may contradict the traditional goals of weight loss, including a fit body and an efficient metabolism. Symptoms of detoxification are known to occur during fasting programs such as the 30-day juice fast, according to Murray. Reported symptoms include headaches, low blood sugar, tiredness, acne, and constipation or loose stools.

Read more: https://www.livestrong.com/article/459588-30-day-juice-fast-for-weight-loss/#ixzz1kPtJXuLo

Let’s go down the line. The claim that “juice fasts are a safe and easy way to lose weight” is simply a misrepresentation of weight loss—a parlor trick of sorts, if you will. Juice fasting typically lasts 7-10 days… just enough time for our bodies to rid themselves of all the water weight we hold within our muscles and subcutaneous fat stores. Water is stored within muscle alongside glycogen, which is the body’s storage mechanism for blood sugar. As we use up the glycogen stores, our body drops the water weight unless we replenish the stores with more glycogen. A great way to use up all our glycogen is to eat a very low calorie diet, since this almost certainly means we will eat few carbohydrates as well. Juice fasts are incredibly low-calorie, so what happens is the glycogen is used up over 3-4 days, all the water weight is dropped over the next 2-3 days and viola, you just lost 10 lbs thanks to the juice fast! The weight you lost is pure water weight (and probably some muscle, since you’re eating next to no protein), so is that really all that meaningful? No, it’s not, and the second you go back to eating normally again you will immediately gain all that weight back, since your body will once again replenish its glycogen (and consequently its water) stores. Final verdict: total misrepresentation of the facts.

The next claim is one of my favorites, and is touted by many alternative medicine practitioners: juice fasting “detoxes” the body, removing poisons and toxins in the process. The simple existence of our kidneys and liver prove this notion to be completely false. Historically speaking, our lives were much more prone to infection, disease and poisoning during our evolutionary years, due to sleeping outdoors, eating food off the ground that may or may not have been rotten or contaminated with parasites, having a lack of modern medicine to treat internal infections, etc. We evolved over millions of years to deal with these issues through our body’s own defense mechanisms. With regards to toxins and poisons within our bodies, the purpose of the liver and kidneys is to filter the byproducts of our metabolism of food and drink and excrete any toxins via the urine. In other words, we have extremely complex organs that were developed by nature over hundreds of millions of years with the SPECIFIC purpose of detoxifying our bodies, so the idea that drinking some juice is going to do a better job than our own organs is ludicrous. Final verdict: totally pointless misunderstanding of biology.

But if you think its safe..... :shrug:

The safest and best way to lose weight is simply by watching what you eat and exercising. Your organs are meant to detoxify your body, drinking only juice for 30 days is just silly.

Yeah but you might not feel weak :wacko:

My iron is low anyways and when it used to drop really bad i'd be fine one day and the next i could barely move and felt like collapsing. Literally was bed bound, luckily i had no kids to look after.

You can't just quickly eat something and feel fine again :wacko:

Oh my days :L

You cant honestly think you will survive on just juice for 30 days? That could really cause you some serious harm!

Fair enough if you dont care about your health, but surely it cant be in your LOs best interest??

Ok ladies. I'm done with this conversation. Bashing is getting nowhere.

Sarah,
I know what you mean by low iron. I'm at 3.4. But here I am. Still perfectly fine. I survived cancer. I think I can handle juice for a couple weeks. And my son, will be fine as well.

I love you ladies but damn. lol. Should have never said anything.

Were only bashing because we dont want to see you get hurt! :)

If you would like healthy detox plans, please message me! Raw food diet is the best way. You take in the right amount of fat, protien, starch etc through seeds, nuts, berries, veggies. You lack for nothing but your body cleanses itself without interference of bad sugars and fats.

Not trying to be mean here, it's just that fasting is like kicking yourself in the teeth, health wise.

Ok ladies. I'm done with this conversation. Bashing is getting nowhere.

Sarah,
I know what you mean by low iron. I'm at 3.4. But here I am. Still perfectly fine. I survived cancer. I think I can handle juice for a couple weeks. And my son, will be fine as well.

I love you ladies but damn. lol. Should have never said anything.

Then bloody hell if it's that low you don't want it to drop further! :shock:.

Have you had iron transfusions?

Wow I felt dedicated swapping fizzy drinks for water for 2 weeks (I had weak moment lastnight and had some dr pepper lol) and cutting down on sugar a bit lol. I've lost half a stone in those two weeks and my stomach is a lot less bloated :D.
Not going to give my opinion on fasting, doesn't seem to be any point.

They wanted to when I had Xavier but I didn't let them cause they were going to hold me longer there and he was in the NICU. I wanted out asap. lol.

I'm fiiiiiine. I promise. I was weak when I did kemo and I still managed to get out of bed and go to work. It sucked, but I did it.

Sorry I was nearly dragged in for my levels being at 4!
I think this is the height of stupidity for someone who has been ill and if you don't see that then you honestly don't care about you'r health!
It's not an ear bashing its common sense.
Have you researched it at all?

I am just going to go ahead and pray to god you don't do ot for the sake of your LO. I wouldn't reccomend it to someone who is at the height of good health, let alone someone who has been that ill.

I have had a transfusion its horrible, im always at risk for having more too.

It's kind of irresponsible when you know how low it already is..

So someone who does it for their religion is "stupid" and "irresponsible"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->