Potty shot at 12 weeks?

Courtney917

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I had my 12 week scan on Monday and due to the position of the baby the tech was unable to get a view of the nub bc the legs were tightly closed. However, she did get a potty shot from underneath. She said it looks boyish and showed me the pic (won't give me one as she said she's not sure). However, my question is: how reliable are potty shots at this stage? Baby measured 12 weeks 5 days but I know that I'm between 11 weeks 6 days and 12 weeks (I was taking ovulation tests). I saw the pic and it looked like a boy but I've read that all babies look the same at this stage and the only way to make a guess is by the angle of the nub from a profile shot? (And of course girls tend to have a fork and be longer/flatter. Just curious what all your opinions are!

My 11+6 nub shot was very girly - long and forked, pointing downwards, but were told team blue at 14+2!!

Attachments

• 20130918_123210_zps3ef5f9cf.jpg
    20130918_123210_zps3ef5f9cf.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 56
Oh wow! It does look girly! I wish she could've gotten a nub shot:/. I'm not sure how reliable potty shots are at this stage. They guessed correctly on my last two children at 12 weeks (both boys) but that was a clear nub shot. Congrats on your little boy!

Oh wow! It does look girly! I wish she could've gotten a nub shot:/. I'm not sure how reliable potty shots are at this stage. They guessed correctly on my last two children at 12 weeks (both boys) but that was a clear nub shot. Congrats on your little boy!

Thanks! I know how you feel - I didn't even get to see the screen when we were told boy, and didn't get a potty shot - but she seemed confident! lol!

Lol! I mean I'm hoping for a girl (of course a healthy baby first and foremost) but I'm beginning to think ill be a mom of all boys:). Ill hold onto the ounce of hope that maybe it will be a girl lol.

I do not have any insight, but mine got predicted a boy by 2 techs today based off of nub and potty shot... but I cannot find any photos of 12 week ultrasounds boy vs girl fetus potty shots. So I know they say they look exactly the same, but I want to see it on ultrasound ya know? bumping for you!

My 13 week potty shot has three dots in the shape
Of a triangle which I thought looked very boyish! I have been told they are not reliable though. I have since had my 20 week scan and although I do not know baby's gender it now appears baby has nothing between its legs. (Have a look at my posts) Probley not much help sorry! Good luck!!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/Cryssie/20130730_154513.jpg

12.6 potty shot. Still a girl at 26 weeks! I make sure to ask every u/s lol.

Thanks everyone for responses. I'm still holding out hope for a girl but it may very well be a boy...so much for shettles method lol! Baby3--I looked at your posts and it's looks very girly now!! You said you saw what looked like a triangle in your earlier scans? That's what I saw too...ill keep everyone posted I have another scan on the 26th and I'm sure ill know gender then :)

Anyone have any 12 week potty shots they'd like to share?

baby3..jpg

This is the potty shot I got at 12 weeks, 3 techs said boy, but not to go out and buy any boy stuff just yet. I mean, I understand why they think it's a boy, but I heard (just like you said) that boy and girl parts look similar at this stage.

Thanks for sharing! Mine looked similar but it was more in the shape of a triangle and the "part" sticking out was much shorter. I wish she gave me the image bc
It's driving me nuts lol!!! I go
Back in two weeks for another sonogram so hoping by then we will know (I will be 16 weeks).

Btw to me yours looks girlish. It looks like three lines to me...argh it's all so confusing lol! I always got nub shots at this stage and they were very accurate. However given that they all have nubs I don't know how a potty shot can be very accurate?

Yeah I have no idea either!! Lol like i'm convinced it's a boy because 3 different techs said so, but I know that potty shots aren't as accurate as nub shots. I just don't know lol. When I was pregnant with my son, I didn't even get an ultrasound before 20 weeks so I didn't have to go through this with him, I just waited until 20 weeks and they told me. This 12 week scan is killing me though, I just want to know for sure lol, I wish you had a picture! I would love to guess :) I'm always looking for other peoples posts to guess on !

Did you find out? Tech guessed mine as boy from potty shot and still holding hope for girl. At 12 weeks looks like a boy to me and she sounded pretty sure but everyone else says to early. It's driving me crazy too!!!
I don't know how to post pic on here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"