potty ???

dali

Reaction score
hi , lo is 18 months almost and although i dont think he is quite ready forpotty training yet i brought a cheepy potty last month, he has sat on it a couple of times but dosnt really like it ( i can see why his bum is so small he must feel like he is gonna fall into it , lol) today i got out a padded toilet seat that was brought for him and putit on the toilet , ast him on it and after a couple of goes he seems quite happy to sit there for a minute while i entertain him. but im thinking that using the big toilet for potty training may make it more difficult as it wont be there ready to use when he needs it.
has anyone potty trained using the real toilet instead of a potty? or what type of potty did your lo like to sit on i been thinking of getting one that is kind of like an armchair with a lid you lift like the real toilet and removable bowl for cleaning / emptying..........
thoughts?

I potty trained my older son on the big toilet, he wouldnt use a potty, we started at 18 months and he was done by 2.5 years. We used the little toddler seat that sits inside your toilet lid, he only used the seat when doing poops, he was potty trained standing to do pee-pees as he didnt like to sit on the toilet to pee (we got a little step for him to stand on) . We never had a problem with it as we lived in a flat with no stairs so it was easy enough. I know a few people that have trained their kids on the big toilet with no problems. If thats what he likes then I would give it a try, my younger son is 21.5 months and he is fully day time potty trained and he will use the big toilet 99% of the time, he doesnt mind the potty but he likes to stand like a big boy when he does his pee-pees !!! lol Good luck hun

after dinner i noticed that his nappy was still dry feeling , so he must have needed a wee, so i took nappy off and sat him on the potty he stayed sitting for about 30 secs, lol. ( but atleast sat on it) so i thried the big toilet and he sat on that for about 5 mins while i entertained him but no wee ( obviously he dosnt know what it is for yet but i have been hoping he will go by accident so that i can tell him how good he was for doing it in there) so took hiim back into living room but left the nappy off and cunningly positioned it infront of him while he stood fixated on the cartoonito kareoke. and he started weeing, he was holding his winky so someonf it went all over the place when he reaise dit was happening he let go and most of it went straight in the potty :) YAY :)
of course i explained what he had done and told him it was good, i am hoping it will be the start of things to come.
i dont expext him to fully potty train just yet, just want to get him used to the idea of what potty is for.
he has been more willing to sit on the potty we have since being sat on the toilet strangely, maybe he will be happier standing to wee? ill let him decide to sit or stand but quite pleased at the development today :)
pointless update really , lol

You know, sometimes they are happier to pee. Liam would NOT use his sit down potty. He wanted to be on the big potty. Got him the padded seat, he did it a few times. At daycare they have him stand because he has bad aim otherwise LOL and they have a kid-size potty there. Much better luck, they have him lean forward andhold the back of the lid. So at home we tried it with a little bench and us watching, help him lean forward and hold the back, and it works FABULOUS!!! I highly recommend doing this, especially if they are very observant of adult men going to the bathroom. Try it, let us know if it works for you. Of course he will NOT go number 2...but I will take what I can get. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->