PPD while pregnant with #2 and still BF

Leanna5813

Reaction score
I've had ppd that's been pretty manageable until I got pregnant again. I've been told that now is a good time to wean my son because the hormones from BF plus the hormones from pregnancy could be making my depression worse. Is there any truth to this? We are not ready to wean!

maybe it'll settle as your body gets into the pregnancy a bit more? I don't know but i'd say try to stick it out if you can, keep talking and do everything possible to keep your head up.

I don't know about bf while pg in relation to ppd but have you noticed any changes in your baby's poop since you got pg? I've heard your milk changes when you get pg and some babies decide to wean because they don't like it and others aren't bothered. Are you thinking of tandem bfing?

His poop has changed, but he's been put on iron supplements and the doctor said it would turn his poop black which it has. He doesn't seem like he's ready to wean to me, he still enjoys nursing. It's me that has been really depressed and someone told me it could be from breastfeeding while pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->