Pram superstition..?

LoveBubble

Reaction score
Hi ladies how strict are u on the pram superstition? "It's bad luck to have it in the house before baby comes..." Ours was delivered today to my parents and we picked it up and bought it home... Now I've had 2 friends saying "OMG such bad luck take it back to ur parents!!!"

I'm fully aware of the superstition, but we already have bubs room full of stuff for them - cot, Moses basket etc... I miscarried my first in October and that was before buying a single item... I kinda feel like if ifs meant to be it will be after that... My friend had a still born and when she fell pregnant with her second she kept the pram upstairs in her house... And the second bub arrived safe and sound :)

I'm just wondering how many of u are sticking to the superstition of no pram in the house...?

Thanks xxx

I bought the pram and car seat and everything and it's all in babies room. Whatever happens will happens.

It's silly saying buying a pram will be the reason something bad happens. You can't jinx it.

So do whatever you feel comfortable with :) xxxx

Agree with PP. Whatever happens will happen and it will have nothing to do with the stroller being in the house.

Don't worry about it honey :) enjoy having your pram around-your having a baby, your meant too have baby stuff!

I'm getting mine on Wednesday :)

I was personally more worried about having it before I hit 24 weeks, but that's only because I've had a complicated pregnancy.

Superstitions are silly really-I walk under ladders and nothing happened to me either :haha:

I've never even heard of that! I had my stroller before my son was born and he was very healthy. I'm just reusing that one so it's still in my garage! Haha I find superstitions a little silly

My pushchair is bulit and next to me right now. It arrived on thursday i opened it as soon as i shut the door.

Ive always had them in house/up before baby arrives i do not believe its bad luck.
With my 2nd i bought travel system before my 12w scan.

We haven't baught a pram yet but when we do I won't have any worry about it being in the house x

Thanks so much ladies!!! That's made me feel so much better... I originally felt fine, until I said on Facebook that I was loving my new travel system etc and had some lady friends inbox me begging me to remove it from my house and telling me horror stories! Which I thought was unfair to do as they know I miscarried last year! Anyway apart from all u lovely ladies I've had a couple of close friends say the same that they always have their travel systems in the house way before baby comes! Well it is staying put now! And I feel happy with that now :) <3 xxx

I didn't even know that was real.. must be a UK thing. Lol. We had ours since we bought it when I was like 32 weeks (with ds). He is fully healthy so I think its ok!

When you hear a Dr say not to, then maybe listen Haha. Silly superstition!

My best friend bought many things before she ever found out the gender. She is kinda a rough head and said she knew she would have a baby someday. So I guess whatever you feel comfy with.

I don't think having the pram in your will bring u any bad luck. Everything will be fine

We don't have a pram superstition here. I was talking to a workmate from Romania and she said she didn't buy any baby clothes because that's the superstition in her country. There is always a small chance something can happen, obviously not because of superstition, more than anything it must be hard in those cases to come home to all those baby things. But we really don't have any choice, can't come home to an empty house or poor baby will be sleeping in the laundry basket!

I had mine in the house with #1 before he arrived, he's fine :)

We had stuff before dd she was fine. And given we're reusing most stuff (I'm actually so impatient to know the sex in part so I can shed the clothes if it is a boy!) Then it's all here too long before its arrival!

I can't wait to get the room sorted but need to know the sex to Confirm the decor.

I had scans at 5 weeks, 7 weeks then bought my big coach built pram.. i'm now 25+2 and i brought it to my house today after my mum saving it for me, i wanted to get past v-day.. ive broke every other superstition so was bored of waiting for pram lol x

I honestly feel soo much better after reading all your responses!! I felt like it was ridiculous, but so many people believe it over here in the UK! No baby is 100% safe and as mummy to be's we all know that.... But scaring each other with superstitions is pathetic! Thank u ladies! <3 Pram/stroller/car seat/cot/rocking crib/Moses basket etc are alllll in bubbas room now and staying put!! Can't wait to decorate the room :) xxxxx

Is this was true then no-one would have more than one baby would they? I've had the pram in the house the whole time because I have a toddler! Who uses it!

My MIL tried to tell me this rubbish with DD1 and keep the pram until I'd had her - blatantly so they would HAVE to visit as soon as we'd had her. I said thanks but I'll take my chances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->