prams!!

D

danni2609

Hi im only 11wks so wont be buying a pram for a couple of months but im already looking into it as i have to budget. Anybody know of any good deals on prams and what are the best ones i want one that i can attach the car seat too aswell thanx.

Ive been looking for weeks and am still confused!!

x

Go to a big store that sells prams (like mothercare or something) and push the prams about. You'll probably see something you like the look of but it really helps to push them about to see how easily they steer and what not :)

I'm getting a Quinny Buzz btw.

I'm getting a silver cross 3d. The carseat attaches to it,or you can have it as a pram, or pushchair.

I'm also getting the silvercross 3d.

Definitely go have a try of some prams in a shop ( i was looking before i was pregnant!) x

Does anybody know of a site that does consumer reports and safety tests on prams? I know it's different for every country, but I am having trouble finding anything that isn't from the manufacturer.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I spent ages looking and researching into prams. I read lots of online reviews too.

For me it was between the Silver Cross 3D and the Freeway. I chose the Freeway for the following reasons:

* Both Silver Crosses have large baskets underneath and are easy to fold down and put up.

* The Freeway is easier to control as it has a straight handle whereas the 3D has two handles.

* The 3D has had a lot of bad reviews for babies growing out of them very quickly. Depends on if you're having more than one pram/stroller but I wanted one that was going to last awhile.

* The Freeway is rear facing (towards you) in both lie flat and stroller modes.

* The Freeway has won a lot of awards from parenting groups and magazines.

The Freeway retails for around £450 but we got a new one off ebay for £60.

Here's a couple of pictures of my Freeway:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/sublime_envy/17072008408.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/sublime_envy/17072008409.jpg

reviews are here: https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc..._mmc=Froogle-_-Shopping Sites-_-CPC-_-Froogle

I have this one. Had a play about with it when my nephew was over. I love it.
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/bruhome/brutravel/brutravelgraco/725722

Probably should have wait tho to get it in the sale.lol.

I have the quinny buzz but i would advise also to go to mothercare fnd one you like then see if you can get cheaper on the internet. I saved myself £150 by doing this :)

A new freeway for £60 what a bargain!

Was it absolutely brand new?

i'm looking at the silver cross one with big wheels, can attacth the car seat to it which is handy. but i would use the carry cot for general use, i heard if you over use car seats as the pram all the time it can cause flat heads in babies, i prefer to see them lay down rather than stuck in the car seats all the time anyway.

Yeah, go pram shopping, but when you pick one definately try Ebay Stores before you buy out the shop. They have loads of prams SO much more cheaper and are brand new in box. I got the englisina zippy...very light weight and great to push. Im not sure about this years Inglesina model though x

A good place to start is the Which? website. It has reviews on everything! We then went into town and trudged around the shops. We ended up talking to som eshop assistants that are also mothers, so we had the benefit of sales and experience. We learnt a lot!

i find silver cross too bulky (im sending the one i ordered back) .. depends if ur using ur pram on the bus , putting it in the boot etc and just generally wat kind of pram u want to handle.

I'm getting the Icandy Apple.

Quinny Buzz's are good price's, but they don't have basket's underneath. They just have an attatched bag, which is really small. But you can buy the basket, seperately for £14.99. This is what put me of it.

I also liked the Silver Cross Cargo, that was really nice. And not to pricey either.

But like other's said, go into a store and test different one's out. Ask a shop assistant to tell you about the prams, show you what it comes with,etc.

Gud luck, :) It's a pain in the butt finding the 'right' one for you. :laugh2:

I agree with some of the girls ... look in the shops and test them, find the one you like and then shop around on the net you can get some great deals.

Failing that you could always buy a secondhand one from ebay or something if your really really on a budget!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->