prawn cocktail craving *sigh*

D

DizzyMoo

Hi all ,
Well it's started i have a super craving for fresh prawn cocktail !! *sigh* What do i do? :( I'm sat here absolutely craving & dieing for the stuff which is in the bloody freezer !!
Makes it harder i'm also craving cockles so i'm trying to fill up on those but i've got visions of prawns doing the fandango in my head & i even dreamt i had a mahooooosive plate of prawn cocktail last night i woke up mouth watering & had to come downstairs & sniff the seafood sauce jar 3 times !! :dohh:

Anyone else got any " banned food " cravings? I can't stand hot or cooked prawns so i'm sulking big time :(

Oh I hear ya hun... I sooo want a runny egg sandwich:hissy:
Nowwwww!!!!!! all yellow and gooey and ................pahh!! :cry:

Brussels pate on french bread with loads of butter... I feel your pain! There's pate in the fridge, and it's taking a lot of willpower to ignore it :rofl:

eeek had a couple of runny eggs last week too, its all I could stomach.

Prawns aren't banned, you can still eat shellfish, as long as its cooked right through. I LOVE shrimp and fish! :) (they call prawns shrimp over here. Crazy Americans!)

https://www.obfocus.com/nutrition/Seafood.htm

[SIZE=-1]The FDA also recommends that pregnant women can safely eat an average of 12 ounces of other types of COOKED fish each week You may eat up to 6 ounces (one average meal) of albacore tuna per week. Emphasis is placed on choosing a variety of fish low in mercury such as shrimp, canned light tuna, salmon, pollock, and catfish. [1].So, when choosing your two meals of fish and shellfish, you may eat up to 6 ounces (one average meal) of albacore tuna per week. [/SIZE]

Prawns aren't banned, you can still eat shellfish, as long as its cooked right through. I LOVE shrimp and fish! :) (they call prawns shrimp over here. Crazy Americans!)

[SIZE=-1]The FDA also recommends that pregnant women can safely eat an average of 12 ounces of other types of COOKED fish each week You may eat up to 6 ounces (one average meal) of albacore tuna per week. Emphasis is placed on choosing a variety of fish low in mercury such as shrimp, canned light tuna, salmon, pollock, and catfish. [1].So, when choosing your two meals of fish and shellfish, you may eat up to 6 ounces (one average meal) of albacore tuna per week. [/SIZE]

Yeh hun but i want cold prawns , I can't stand hot prawns :( I could cry right now . I'm so glad i'm not alone with this " banned foods " craving *sob sob*

Yeh hun but i want cold prawns , I can't stand hot prawns :( I could cry right now . I'm so glad i'm not alone with this " banned foods " craving *sob sob*

You aint got to eat them hot. As long as they are pink they are cooked, and as long as you've eaten them the same day they are cooked they should be fine. Just go get some fresh ones from Asda and make one! :) (Uncooked prawns are grey.)

Hmmm now I want popcorn shrimp. THANKS!!! :rofl:

ooooh these are frozen prawns .. I'm not close enough to go anywhere to get more . will they be ok? x

^^^ what Chaos said!

I've been really naughty and I've had a craving for those fish stick things. I love seafood cocktail sandwich filling and I just eat it with a fork out of the tub! :blush: Probably really bad for me but my god it was nice!!

I personally would go and get yourself some fresh prawns from the fishmonger (supermarket can be a bit dodgy) and make some up (to be honest my fishmonger makes his own and it's delish!!)

Frozen should be fine...just eat them when they're still cold. Don't let them get warm.

I want them now.....my fish sticks are in the freezer and I've had no probs.

Aye, like Aimee said, they should be ok. The coldness is enough to kill any germs. As long as they aint been sitting in there for months.

I wonder is 7.47am is too early to be cooking popcorn shrimp haha.

Yay !! I've just pulled the bag out & in big letters on the front it says " cooked & peeled cold water prawns " :dohh: i just thought i had to actually cook them myself & have them hot ...oh god the colder the better for me ...oh i'm so excited i can eat them now :) THANKYOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU LADIES !!!

** runs off to pour seafood sauce **

Nope just bought them yesterday, a friend does asda online delivery so asked if i wanted anything so i got them :)
I'm going to eat them ALL !!!!!!!! muahahahaha x

:cry: I couldn't find my seafood sticks in the freezer......is a 30 mile round trip to the local supermarket too far? I think my fishmonger would kill me if I went in and asked for surimi! :rofl:

Blast it...i know there's some in there! (I'm on a mission now!!) :rofl:

I've been eating fresh prawns as normal. As long as fresh & rinse in cold water, MW said OK in moderation. Only thing she said was defo no go is runny egg (which i adore) pate (which i hate!) alcohol obviously n everything else in moderation...x

I'm really craving a runny egg & soldiers x
DH said the morning after baby is here he'll make me a boiled egg & soldiers yummy :happydance:

I have a big list of food for my first week at home.

Chinese take-away
Red wine
Stilton Cheese
Pate and crusty bread
Runny eggs and black pudding

My god I'm going to put on so much weight!! :rofl:

On the plus side I found the fish sticks!!! :happydance::happydance::cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads