Pray that Wills and Kate have a boy.....

I'm praying that they have a girl!! We have chosen Oliver Charlie for our little boy and I'm scared they might use Oliver! X
i dont think they're allowed to use Oliver. Apparently Charles and Diana wanted to call William Oliver, but they weren't allowed. I wouldn't be surprised if they called him Oliver behind closed doors though.

I think it's a girl, and if I had money to bet, I'd say she'd be called Phillipa(sp?), after Kate's sister. If not as a first name, then theres a high probability of them choosing it as a middle name. Philip is a royal name, so perhaps Phillipa would be allowed. And the royals tend to have three middle names, don't they, so I guess they're spoilt for choice :D I'd bet on Phillipa and Elizabeth featuring as middle names. And maybe Catherine after her mother.

TBH I don't know how important it is to call a baby after a fellow royal; I doubt Beatrice and Eugenie existed in the name history of the english royal family before they were born. I assume the rule is that either immediate heirs to the throne have to have a royal name, or perhaps these days they just ask that a royal baby is a royal SOUNDING name, but not one that's actually been used necessarily. Remember though that plenty of foreign royals marry into the English royal family; and they are as much related to the children as the royals that were English born, so what's to stop them naming babies after them? They may not be traditionally English royal names, but they're in the royal family nonetheless

I'm praying that they have a girl!! We have chosen Oliver Charlie for our little boy and I'm scared they might use Oliver! X
i dont think they're allowed to use Oliver. Apparently Charles and Diana wanted to call William Oliver, but they weren't allowed. I wouldn't be surprised if they called him Oliver behind closed doors though.

I think it's a girl, and if I had money to bet, I'd say she'd be called Phillipa(sp?), after Kate's sister. If not as a first name, then theres a high probability of them choosing it as a middle name. Philip is a royal name, so perhaps Phillipa would be allowed. And the royals tend to have three middle names, don't they, so I guess they're spoilt for choice :D I'd bet on Phillipa and Elizabeth featuring as middle names. And maybe Catherine after her mother.

TBH I don't know how important it is to call a baby after a fellow royal; I doubt Beatrice and Eugenie existed in the name history of the english royal family before they were born. I assume the rule is that either immediate heirs to the throne have to have a royal name, or perhaps these days they just ask that a royal baby is a royal SOUNDING name, but not one that's actually been used necessarily. Remember though that plenty of foreign royals marry into the English royal family; and they are as much related to the children as the royals that were English born, so what's to stop them naming babies after them? They may not be traditionally English royal names, but they're in the royal family nonetheless

actually Beatrice and Eugine are both historically royal names there just old ones (hadn't really been used for a few hundred years)

I think they will be obliged to use a 'royal' name. I can't see future Queen Skylar Autumn or King Makenzie Bryson of England goin down too well with Liz2 lol

I think if it's a girl there will be a nod to Diana in there, but maybe they would use Frances (her middle name)?

I think they might have Frances/Francis or other Varient in there too after Diana and Kate's father. I also think if its a girl Elizabeth will be in there too after Kate's mums middle name aswell as The queen etc. Also I'm thinking James for a boy.

I must be the only one who does not think it will be a obvious name choice!

I must be the only one who does not think it will be a obvious name choice!

It kind of has to be an obvious name choice. They are a very strict traditional royal family......they are British after all lol

the child WILL be king or queen one day so there is no choice, they at most might be allowed to pick an un-royal middle name but the main name has to royal and respectable as they are born to serve the country - if it was harry's kid it wouldn't be as strict (although would still have to be deemed royal)

Agreed. Like Harry would give a damn anyway lol he would probably deliberately name his child Chardonay or Tigerlily or something :)

I think Victoria will be in there (wasn't it commented of all the recent royal girls only 1 has victoria in her name?). I think they will avoid Elizabeth.

i would hate such restrictions. i think it will be a girl too.

I dont mean a 'common' name but I certainly dont think it will be Elizabeth or Diana!

I dreamt she had a girl... And called her something like Charlotte or Clementine or Clarence or Clarice.... So something beginning with C lol.

Haha I said clementine but sure it wont be but my pregnancy dream about it was clara

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->