Pray that Wills and Kate have a boy.....

I like the fact that someone has bet on chardonnay and Waynetta lol

It just will be a royal name, anything else would not be allowed, that's just the way it is.

Diana became a royal name the second she married Prince Charles.

but Diana wasn't queen (only a princess by marriage) so it wasn't an offical royal name really - same way Camilla isn't royal or Kate and Pippa but once Kate becomes queen then Catherine will go into the royal name pool again

I dont know why everyone thinks Alexandra though there is already a princess Alexandra

looking back on the previous post about Savannah and Isla I found out there actually collateral royals (they serve no title and as such are not in line for the throne at all, therefor then not bound by royal naming however wills and Kates kid will be 3rd in line for the throne)

I think Elizabeth might feature as a middle name.

but Diana wasn't queen (only a princess by marriage) so it wasn't an offical royal name really - same way Camilla isn't royal or Kate and Pippa but once Kate becomes queen then Catherine will go into the royal name pool again

It doesn't matter because she married into the royal family and is the mother of the princes, (which makes it slightly different to someone like Camilla), and her name is now part of the royal family. Charles doesn't have to be King to make his name royal, that's not how it works - they just need to be a significant part of the royal family.
(Also Catherine already is a royal name, nothing to do with Kate Middleton, it was before).

It doesn't matter because she married into the royal family and is the mother of the princes, (which makes it slightly different to someone like Camilla), and her name is now part of the royal family. Charles doesn't have to be King to make his name royal, that's not how it works - they just need to be a significant part of the royal family.
(Also Catherine already is a royal name, nothing to do with Kate Middleton, it was before).

Charles doesn't have to be because hes blood and titled, having a child to a future king does not make you name royal though many kings where married and had children with multiple wives they didn't become royal names and I said clearly 'will be in the royal name pool AGAIN'

Charles doesn't have to be because hes blood and titled, having a child to a future king does not make you name royal though many kings where married and had children with multiple wives they didn't become royal names and I said clearly 'will be in the royal name pool AGAIN'

Diana was the Princess of Wales, Camilla is the Duchess of Cornwall, there's a big difference. Not only that but she had royal heritage before she married Charles, just look it up.
Also, once a name is in the 'royal pool' as you call it, it's a royal name, it doesn't become 'un-royal'...

Diana was the Princess of Wales, Camilla is the Duchess of Cornwall, there's a big difference. Not only that but she had royal heritage before she married Charles, just look it up.
Also, once a name is in the 'royal pool' as you call it, it's a royal name, it doesn't become 'un-royal'...

but it becomes unpopular and falls out of use :dohh:

you trying to pick an argument for absolutely no reason so im just going to have a break :coffee:

but it becomes unpopular and falls out of use :dohh:

you trying to pick an argument for absolutely no reason so im just going to have a break :coffee:

Huh? How does a name becoming unpopular stop it from being royal?

In any case, it's hardly an argument, I'm just stating facts.

Im a little confused here - what exactly makes a name 'royal'? Just that it has been used by the royal family? And if thats the case, how long does JJKB think it goes before it becomes 'unpopular?' Im sure there's no official guideline. So Im confused as to where they'd draw the line.

Also - by 'royal names' here are we only talking about royal to the UK? Because
Madeleine for example is the name of the Princess and future Queen of Sweden, but that doesn't make it royal to England does it?

It becomes royal when it's used by the royal family with regard to Princes, Princesses, Kings and Queens. Even if they are married in, if they contribute to the bloodline, then they become a royal (although I have a feeling if it's a first marriage and they don't get divorced, it still counts - would have to double check that fact though).

As far as I know yes they do have to use a British royal name as opposed to a royal name from another country.

I'm sure the royal names go in and out of popularity all the time, apparently Henry (Harry's given name) is very popular at the moment, although it hasn't be hugely popular over the last few years.

To be honest they'll have a fair amount of leeway in which name they choose, as long as it is related to the royal family in some respect. It's quite interesting, although I would hate to have such limitations when it came to naming my child! Can't say I envy that. :p

I think if it's a girl there will be a nod to Diana in there, but maybe they would use Frances (her middle name)?

Im a little confused here - what exactly makes a name 'royal'? Just that it has been used by the royal family? And if thats the case, how long does JJKB think it goes before it becomes 'unpopular?' Im sure there's no official guideline. So Im confused as to where they'd draw the line.

Also - by 'royal names' here are we only talking about royal to the UK? Because
Madeleine for example is the name of the Princess and future Queen of Sweden, but that doesn't make it royal to England does it?

what it basically means is the name becomes unpopular for a long time then there will be pressure to avoid it as there is no recent link to the name

example:

Amelia, Matilda and Sophia are all royal names but not likely to be used due to there fact that they haven't really been used in nearly 200 years if asked on the street most where think they where popular un-royal names and the family has to live to current day perception

Sophia is close to Prince Edward's wifes name, Sophie. So they probably wouldn't use for that reason.

I like the idea that it might be Frances, interesting idea.

There is so much pressure from every where about everything for them isn't there? Names, feeding, clothes, food. Eeek.

Diana was titled long before she married Charles.

I like the idea of using Diana's middle name. I really doubt the first name will be Diana or Elizabeth.

I hope they surprise us and pick something modern but I doubt it.

Eleanor would be nice.

I understand that shes his mother but its not a royal name

I think it would get middle name at most
Since diana came into the family, doesn't it make a royal name (and I thought she was somewhat part of the royal family . Also, why they care how they name their child if they aren't officially "royal" themselves

My sister was crazy about diana. Collected all her dolls and even tried to copy (and failed) her hair growing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->