Pre eclamsia 2nd time round?

KIALea

Reaction score
I thought id post in here as its a condition that hits later on in pg. Im newly bfp and worried about getting pre eclamsia again or even earlier this time. I had it last pg detected at 32 weeks and by 32+5 dd was delivered by emergency csection as they couldnt control it with labetalol.

Anyone had it the second time around too and what care did you get during your subsequent pgs? Starting to panic already as I heard you can get it early as 18 weeks! :(

Hi there, I suffered with pre-e,eclampsia & hellp. With my first. But only got pre-e the second & third time round. This is very rare tho! I was under consultant from 20weeks. With all. Good luck! x

Thank you for your reply did you get it as early with the other two pgs? Did you get put on labetalol or drugs again is it working? Im so worried about an earlier csec.

Im also not sure if its considered if I had eclamsia because my body actually started to fail hense the csec at 32+5?

i developed severe pre e in labour first np warning (39+5), told be monitored more next pregs. Bp started slowly rising at 18weeks no 2 (140/90) an eventually was put meds 32 weeks and meds worked an i went natuarally again 39+6. Both were under 7ib. I had growth scans and saw consultant second preg an ended up twice week in labour ward for ctgs an weeekly bloods(wasnt pre e was pregnancy hypertension). Now preg no 3 bp fine so far an see consult again an had scans 28wk 32wk(on tues coming). Classed as high risk but they take it week by week. Was told norm only get first pregs.

I had severe pre-eclampsia also at 32+4 weeks, DS was delivered by 33+5 (started induction at 33+3) by EMCS. They never tried medication since mine was so severe they just induced. It wasn't severe at 32+4, I think it took a turn at 33+2 or 33+3.

There is a huge thread in the gestational complications forum called "Pre-eclampsia, did you get it again?" or something like that. You may find more in that forum. I plan to read through it as I get further along.

I lose about 20lbs and started eating a lot healthier and I'm exercising regularly this time around, I really hope I don't get it again!

I got severe pre eclampsia with my first delivered at 35 weeks via csection. Am now 39 weeks and my blood pressure is great. Everything has went smoothly. Just because you get it the first time doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get it a second time :)

Thats what im praying my dc told me its 50/50 if you get it next time or not. With me it spiralled out of control pretty fast from bp 140/90 on the monday and then 150/100 on tuesday. By the friday my bp was 193/105 and my liver was starting to fail. I thought at forst it was heart burn. They rushed me through to theatre there and then and knocked me out. Was all scary and pretty surreal and its all coming flooding back getting this bfp.

Thanks misspriss ill check out that thread. Just wondering when I should tell my dc about this pg?

Thanks ladies xx

I have had pre-eclampsia in all my pregnancies that made it out of first tri (five of them).

Did you talk about a care plan for future pregnancies after the last one? They may offer you aspirin x

I did take aspirin through this entire pregnancy as the poster above mentioned

i was on low dose asprin late preg no 2. No mention this time. Try relax op as this dosent help. You will be monitored more closly hun. I no not easy as am total freaking things will go wrong for me like my son, who was fine preg an all ok 2days before birth. An i turned up hosp labour with bp of 170+/110+ i was rushed off in ambulance were me water broke etc. Luckly laboured myself an was short 10hrs from waking backache to birth. He was 6ib12oz at 39+5wks was in hosp a week due me not him he was healthy . No 2 was harder preg in hosp due bp raising but bloods an urine came back ok so no pre e an laboured myself another fast delivery 6.5hrs mw couldnt feel me palpatin an didnt think was far as was lol were gona examin me an i wanted push she was 6ib 7oz at 39+6wks i was home next day. Defo look at the pre e thread in gest comp i have looked at some.

Thats what im praying my dc told me its 50/50 if you get it next time or not. With me it spiralled out of control pretty fast from bp 140/90 on the monday and then 150/100 on tuesday. By the friday my bp was 193/105 and my liver was starting to fail. I thought at forst it was heart burn. They rushed me through to theatre there and then and knocked me out. Was all scary and pretty surreal and its all coming flooding back getting this bfp.

Thanks misspriss ill check out that thread. Just wondering when I should tell my dc about this pg?

Thanks ladies xx

No my pre-e was better each time round. I was nifedapine slow & quick release. Bp was 210/128 not controlled at all. My liver & kidneys failed. I had no clotting factors at all. I had a seizure an hour after delivery. I gain 4 and a half stone ( fluid) in just a few days. I never got sick early tho. Mine was always around 35week mark. So they just admit me & induced at 37weeks. I was never over weight before in pregnancy. But ran in the family. I delivered my baby 14days ago! I haven't yet changed my ticker! I can't take labeatol as i'm asthmatic. Can't take methyldopa either. Had my meds changed 3times lol. Good luck hun x

Thanks ladies xx

No my pre-e was better each time round. I was nifedapine slow & quick release. Bp was 210/128 not controlled at all. My liver & kidneys failed. I had no clotting factors at all. I had a seizure an hour after delivery. I gain 4 and a half stone ( fluid) in just a few days. I never got sick early tho. Mine was always around 35week mark. So they just admit me & induced at 37weeks. I was never over weight before in pregnancy. But ran in the family. I delivered my baby 14days ago! I haven't yet changed my ticker! I can't take labeatol as i'm asthmatic. Can't take methyldopa either. Had my meds changed 3times lol. Good luck hun x

Also I couldn't take aspirin coz my steroids for my asthma thin the blood too. So consultant didn't want me bleeding out as I have barely any clotting

Thanks ladies. Here in the uk thr care is a little bit lax esp when its your second baby. I didnt meet the midwife for my booking in app till 9 weeks with our first baby. So ill contact my doc and midwifes and ask asap when im home (currently on hols in turkey)

i live uk hun. I seen mw soon found preg ie 5weeks. Diff areas are diff i think also.

I'm also in the UK hun. Just push a little x

Thanks ladies def think they will want to see me sooner as ill be high risk I guess ill be 5 weeks tuesday so ill all to make an app :) Thanks for the reassurance xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->