pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

Hi! So, just had my appt and everything is a bit up in the air. Long boring insurance story is that less is going to be covered than we'd been told. So, the cost will be about $4k more than we'd thought. Obviously, I'm emotionally invested and want to just proceed, but my OH is now wanting to sit down and go over everything. Honestly, I'm not sure what the "right" thing to do is. I also am feeling worried about the whole OHSS issue. I have a really high AMH level, which likely means I will produce lots of eggs (good) but I also have a high chance of developing OHSS- like 50/50 high. :sad2:im not really interested in looking at other clinics, as I really felt today like they had a handle on my history etc. So, going to spend tonight soul searching and deciding what to do. If we want to do it, I'd need to order medication ASAP, so I guess we will think about it tonight and then make a final decision tomorrow.

Oh I'm so sorry it's all so complicated! And you just want to start. So hard! Sending you big hugs and hope you reach a decision that is good for you.

Welcome Nima! Hope it all goes well :hugs:

@WinterBub sorry it's all so complicated. I as well have a high AHM so it's more than likely my doctor won't want me to have a fresh transfer so the whole process is probable going to be longer and even more expensive than I'd had anticipated. Everything is up in the air and at this point I'm not sure I'll do IVF in may/June, may have to postpone it to August or September... Due to some family,economic and job problems I'm going through at the moment. I feel very lost right now, but I hope eventually everything will go the right way for once and by the middle of 2023 I'll have a baby in my arms... I'll keep you updated, for right now I'm going to live through you guys so Im really rooting that all your transfers work out perfectly!

Thank you, ladies! Gah- I'm just so drained from dealing with all of this after a not so great year before that, too. Feeling a bit bitter and angry that i just couldn't have a baby without all this. You know? Anyway... We're going to go over the $ side of things together and try and work out what to do.

I'm sorry that you're dealing with going back and forth, Elencor. It sucks- you get excited and let down over and over. :( And I'm sorry for all the other difficulties on top of the stress of paying for/timing/dealing with IVF. :hugs:august/September isn't too far away... I 100% get the disappointment when you're all geared up and ready to go. I hope everything gets sorted out and you can move ahead soon, or even just get that clarity of when it will all happen for you. And hey- June is a nice time of year for a birthday. ❤️

And yes- I'm excited to live through you other ladies, no matter what we end up doing!

WinterBub and elencor, I'm so sorry for all the back-and-forth! I know, the whole process is such a roller coaster. My insurance didn't cover any of it, so the cost was so huge. I was really hoping to not have to do an FET but it is what it is, and I'm just glad it isn't as expensive as the fresh transfer, and frozen transfers really are less stressful on the body. The medications will only be one injection a day and then some oral pills, so much less physical stress. So if either of you needs to do a frozen transfer instead of fresh, hopefully that will bring you some ease of mind? I know it's so hard though, especially when timelines change, etc.

I have a feeling I might have a cyst on my ovary as I've been having quite a bit of sharp pinching pain on one side, but I guess I'll know more tomorrow. My fingers are crossed that I'll be able to start my Lupron injections tomorrow morning!

Hang in there, and I hope everything is able to go as planned for you guys.

Just a quick update - I do in fact have a small functional cyst on my right ovary, so I'll have to go back in a couple of weeks for another ultrasound and bloodwork to see if it has gone away. If it has, I will start Lupron on the 28th. Bummed to delay it again, but I wasn't super shocked!

Thank you :hugs: and yes the process truly is a roller coaster. A relative of mine is terminally ill and between that and some other stuff I'm really tired and overwhelmed, that's why I don't really know when I will be doing IVF at this point, but I really appreciate all your support.
@Megan0625 so crazy you felt that you had a cyst and you in fact did! I didn't know those sharp pains could mean that, now I'm a bit paranoid because I frequently have them in my right side :rofl: . Sorry you have to delay it, the process is hard enough without all the bumps along the way, fingers crossed its all good in a couple of weeks!

@elencor your situation does sound like an emotional roller-coaster, with a terminally ill relative and the uncertainty about starting ivf. I send you big hugs.

@Megan0625 I hope this little cyst disappears in no time.

@WinterBub how are you? Did you decide what you're going to do?

Hope that your cyst goes soon, Megan! How do they monitor that? You just need to keep having scans until it is gone? I suppose this journey teaches us patience, if nothing else.

Im sorry to hear about your relative, elencor. :hugs:I hope that you're doing ok, and will be able to proceed with IVF shortly.

We seem to have ironed out a plan. My doctor is out of the office for two weeks in May. So, basically need my cycle to start by Thursday at the latest in order to avoid those dates. The money issues seem to be settled, and now we just need to see how the timing pans out. If we can, we'll go ahead this month, otherwise we will take the summer off (we want to travel to see family etc) and plan to go ahead in Aug/Sep. My OH clearly hadn't been listening to how expensive this was going to be- it was like x4 what he had apparently thought it would be. Though I must admit that when I met with the coordinator, I was also surprised at how much was going to be on top of the original fees discussed. :shrug:

Hope that your cyst goes soon, Megan! How do they monitor that? You just need to keep having scans until it is gone? I suppose this journey teaches us patience, if nothing else.

Im sorry to hear about your relative, elencor. :hugs:I hope that you're doing ok, and will be able to proceed with IVF shortly.

We seem to have ironed out a plan. My doctor is out of the office for two weeks in May. So, basically need my cycle to start by Thursday at the latest in order to avoid those dates. The money issues seem to be settled, and now we just need to see how the timing pans out. If we can, we'll go ahead this month, otherwise we will take the summer off (we want to travel to see family etc) and plan to go ahead in Aug/Sep. My OH clearly hadn't been listening to how expensive this was going to be- it was like x4 what he had apparently thought it would be. Though I must admit that when I met with the coordinator, I was also surprised at how much was going to be on top of the original fees discussed. :shrug:
Yes, they basically just want me to come back in in two weeks to do another ultrasound and bloodwork to see if it has resolved. If it has, then I will start my Lupron injections that day. So far, my embryo transfer will have just been pushed back to May 26 if everything else goes as planned. If I still have a cyst, I will have to come back in a couple of weeks again. Sigh. Yes, this whole thing is a test of patience and lack of control for sure!

I'm so glad the financial side of things have been settled for you! That's a huge part of the IVF stress. I hope your cycle is able to start by Thursday so you can start this month. Keep us posted! :)

I hope that your scan shows the cyst gone next time around, Megan. So frustrating ](*,)!!! There's nothing you can do about it, so I guess best to just wait and hope for the best at your next scan. Let us know how you're going!

AFM- no cycle yet, and tomorrow is the cut off to start this month. :( My Dr put me on a supplement that contained inositol, and that caused some odd spotting about 3 weeks ago. So now I'm a bit worried that it messed my cycle up. :-( I'm ok with waiting until August, but just want my stupid body to behave normally. [-o<

Yes, very true, just trying to keep busy and be patient. IVF is a huge test of patience!

Oh man, I'm sorry about your cycle delay :/ Hopefully everything will be good to start in August, it will be here in no time. That will definitely give your body some time to regulate as well!

Thank you! I appreciate the positive spin on my latest drama ;) I'm not upset about waiting a couple of months (which had originally been the plan), just so frustrating to now have my cycle go all wonky. I'm thinking I might talk to them about going on the pill. Franky, I'd like to have some control about when in Aug/Sep we'd start.

Good luck at your next scan! Fx that annoying cyst will be gone, and we can all live through your next transfer! ❤️

Hi Megan! Just wondering: what kind of bc are you on when they start your IVF cycle? I am not meant to take the regular pill, but can take the mini pill (for reasons unrelated to IVF). My cycle hasn't started (sigh) and I'm thinking about going on the mini pill between now and the egg retrieval in Aug/Sep. The RE wasn't keen on it when I last saw him, but I'm thinking there are a lot of pros to taking it. Just curious as to what they have you do in between cycles/what kind of pill they place you on at the start of your IVF cycle :-k

How's everyone else going? When will you start your IVF cycle/travel to Denmark, Nima?

@WinterBub the uncertainty is so heavy, I am with you. But you do sound positive and ready for August to come... hope you find a plan that fits you so you can feel you have more clarity about this start.

Patience is really the name of the game here. I am not known to be a very patient person (I keep all my patience for my daughter...) so I am kinda going crazy not knowing if we can start in May or if it will be delayed due to the cyst. I'll know on May 3rd. Trying to keep positive about it, and enjoy the beautiful spring with my little girl.

Thank you, Nima! Keep us updated- hard to believe that May is just around the corner. :shock: I hope everything will be fine for you to get started right away then.

Parenthood is about patience, so good practice to deal with these issues now (as frustrating as this all is! :sad2:)

Hi Megan! Just wondering: what kind of bc are you on when they start your IVF cycle? I am not meant to take the regular pill, but can take the mini pill (for reasons unrelated to IVF). My cycle hasn't started (sigh) and I'm thinking about going on the mini pill between now and the egg retrieval in Aug/Sep. The RE wasn't keen on it when I last saw him, but I'm thinking there are a lot of pros to taking it. Just curious as to what they have you do in between cycles/what kind of pill they place you on at the start of your IVF cycle :-k

How's everyone else going? When will you start your IVF cycle/travel to Denmark, Nima?
Hi there! :) They always have me on Cryselle 28 at the start of an IVF cycle, which is a combination birth control. I honestly don't know a whole lot about the minipill, but it's worth talking to your RE about (reasons they aren't keen on it, etc), especially if you can't take the regular pill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->