pre-natal vitamins

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
i no this has probably be asked like a thousand times but i was wondering if any one is currently taking anything in preparation for the big day!

when ttc maddi i just took folic acid, but atm i'm currently taking iron (i suffer with anemia due to bad periods) and multi-vitamins, which actually contain folic acid, and also calcium and vitamin D as i want really strong nails (vain huh lol) so i thought i'd probably switch to some of the actual pre-natal vit's they do in boots next august ready for ttc.

so are you lovely ladies taking anything in preparation and are your asking you OH to take anything as well?

i've also's been using fertility friend to get an idea of my cycles :blush: i like to be prepared :blush:

I didn't plan to conceive :) but next time i will deff take them well in advance, i'm constantly worrying that only starting taking them in week 4 might risk harm to the baby :) being well prepared is GOOD :)

Im not taking anything yet but will start to next summer. Ill probably talk a multi-vit untill october and then start taking pre natals. Im using mymonthlycycles just to keep track of them

I am taking pregnancare vits and my DP is taking well man vits (made by the same company that make my pregnacare ones) Boots always have them on 3 for 2

Yep, when I went to my preconception checkup my doctor prescribed some pre-natals for me told me to start taking them right away since we plan on TTC in January. She said it was good to take them at least three months before getting pregnant to prevent birth defects. So I've been taking them every night! :happydance:

I know you'll probably laugh, but I was really excited about taking them...it's just one step closer to baby-time. The first time I took one I had this stupid grin on my face and my husband said I looked crazy...lol. I couldn't help myself! :blush:

I wouldn't take normal multivitamins as they can contain too much of a vitamin that may be harmful to a developing baby i.e. vitamin a. Take a pre-conception one like pregnacare which have been specifically tailored for that purpose. I would check with your doctor about the other tablets you are taking.

I just take pregnacare preconception and folic acid tablets.

Hope this helps

xx

I wouldn't take normal multivitamins as they can contain too much of a vitamin that may be harmful to a developing baby i.e. vitamin a. Take a pre-conception one like pregnacare which have been specifically tailored for that purpose. I would check with your doctor about the other tablets you are taking.

I just take pregnacare preconception and folic acid tablets.

Hope this helps

xx

yep thats what i did when ttc last time, don't worry i wouldn't continue taking these :D

Since i got the december date from OH last week, i have been taking pregnacare. Was tempted to get him some of the male version, but thought that might be pushing it a bit!!!

Massive tablets tho arent they?! I usually have issues swallowing even the smallest of tablets (ie the pill!), but so far im doing ok on these ones... maybe my subconscious was just trying to stop me taking the pill?!

yes i have been taking them now for 3 months- (i just had a MC last week) but i plan to continue to take even though we are WTT for a few months- they have benefits for me too! my hair grows quicker and my nails get so strong!

Does anyone have anything against grocery brand prenatals? I am taking Stuart brand, plus an extra 400mcg of folic acid. We are TTC this November/december.

Does anyone have anything against grocery brand prenatals? I am taking Stuart brand, plus an extra 400mcg of folic acid. We are TTC this November/december.

Hi hon, I'm not sure if it's just because I live in the arse crack of nowhere but I'm not sure if we have a lot of supermarket brand prenatal vits over here... just the folic acid! TBH I think they're all the same. I've checked the contents of the different brands and they all seem similar. I'm starting Pregnacare in a couple of days. OH is taking Vit C and Zinc plus a gazillion other multi vits - he LOVES multi vitamins, no word of a lie x

I am currently taking multi vits with iron as i am anaemic.. going to start folic acid next month and might start materna tried it last time but it gave me such sore tummy pains, bloating and nausea that i stopped and continued the folic acid. Will try it again and see what happens. Will take folic acid 3-4 months prior to ttc and will start materna closer to the time.

nope hon definitely not! i have grocery vitamins atm, and when i switch to prenatal's i'll probably take what evers on offer :D

I'm just taking Folic Acid and OH takes a daily vitamin anyway so we are sticking with that.

Have been for about 6 months now and will continue to do so :hugs:

xxx

Currently taking folic acid, have been for a couple of weeks. I have no qualms with taking cheaper brands- mine's currently 'Valuepack' and cost 45p! I double checked to make sure there's nothing particularaly bad in there, but tbh I just think that they've added less- i.e. nothing to make them taste better or look more appetising and they use very basic packaging without pictures and stuff like that! I would use a name brand prenatal but don't have the money at the moment!

Beca :wave:

I have been taking a prenatal vit and 81mg aspirin since Feb. I will contine both throughout my entire pregnancy. I have taken them so long b/c we only use condoms half the time and pull out the other half, so I take them in case I end up pregnant by slip up.

I am taking Tommy's Pre-natal vitamins, so that they have all the vitamins you need and don't include the ones you should avoid when pregnant (like vitamin A)

I am also trying to eat healthily and excercise to help :) x

I just take Vitamin C for the heck of it lol.

i've been taking promise prenatals. they seems to take the guess work out of it for me. that and they don't make me sick!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->