pre-washing baby stuff?

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
How early can you start pre-washing bedding and stuff before the baby comes? Now that im off work I was thinking of doing some of the bedding and clothes I have already each week to get ready... To save me from having to do it all at once.

i was going to start mine a few weeks before, then babygrows and vests fluff them in the tumble drier a few days before so they bring the smell out again,

Few weeks before mine will be all washed and placed in my hspital bag the immediate stuff anyway. I would wash the bedding a bit closer to the time. Though if you go into sudden labour you will have to ask your mate to do it as everyone knows men cant work washing machines. lol

Mines all done and packed in a blanket box in likle ones room... can always freshen in tumbler dryer later.....

All 0-3 clothes are washed n ironed xx

Im only doing mine this week and thats only cause being in early labour kicked something into gear in me head and i thought *SHIT* lol

Im sure doing it now would be fine and you'd be well prepared :) XxxX

I did mine a few wks b4 last time and then chucked them in the dryer with a sheet of bounce a wk b4

Im only doing mine this week and thats only cause being in early labour kicked something into gear in me head and i thought *SHIT* lol

Im sure doing it now would be fine and you'd be well prepared :) XxxX

lol ya, being there last night got me thinking... wow I have nothing out or washed for the baby or me if something happens! Not even my hospital bag...

As long as it's all put away in wardrobes, drawers or plastic boxes/tubs so stays nice and clean and won't get dusty then do it as soon as you like. My MIL used to put baby soap in the draws so it smelt nice but the smell made me gag and I rewashed it all:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm thinking of doing it after 37 weeks.. just cos then i have something to look forward to :lol: Also i have NOWHERE to put anything or wash anything... :cry:

Well, I did one load today... I washed the bedding for the crib and some blankets and outfits that I will be taking to the hospital... So at least that stuff is ready!!! Next weekend is my baby shower so I will have plenty more washing to do.

I dont have any drawers yet to put stuff away in, but we have lots of comforter and sheet bags which are plastic and have zippers, so stuff should stay clean in those.

Awww i'm jealous i want a baby shower :hissy: Hope you get some really nice things yaaay!! You can go mental buying after this... hmmm maybe thats just me being obsessed with shopping :)

i've done my white stuff the other day, am gona do all the pink and colours when i can get round to it! want to make sure its all washed and packed up cos i'm convinced i'm gona have her early and want everythin ready. gona leave bedding til i have her tho. plus i've not bought it yet haha!

I started a few days ago. I've got all the clothes, towels, wash cloths and blankets done but haven't done the crib bedding(no crib yet).

Ive been doing it since i was 34 weeks i think ill freshen it back up again in the tumble dryer closer to the time.

Hehehe. I was just wondering about this today and I'm only 24wks :lol: And I don't believe people when they say I'm organised and efficient. :dohh:

I think I'll probably wait until I sort my hospital bag and wash everything then. Might as well do it all in one whack. Must remember to wash everyone elses clothes before hand as well tho. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->