pre washing question again - sorry!

pa2k84

Mummy to Lucas Richard
Reaction score
I have washed on a 40 wash with powder only my new nappies 2 times is this enough or will the need to go again?

All microfibre and cotton no bamboo - little lambs, naughty baby, bg and rumparooz

:shrug:

2 is probably enough but the more you wash the more absorbant they get. TBH i only ever wash mine once but I just bear this in mind when I put my LO in a new nappy and might change her every 2 hours instead of 3 for example.

ok do know more washes means greater aborbancy just seems wrong washing clean nappies! Will bear in mind that may not hold as much first few times wearing - thank you :flower:

Same here, I actually hardly ever prewash now, just seems a waste to me, I just prepare myself for a little leakage the first few times!

yea i'm of the same mind, can't bring myself to be washing clean nappies :blush:

I just turf new inserts/AIOs in a bucket to soak overnight and then in with the dirty nappies the next nappy wash I do and start using them. Or if I cant wait I put them on him straight away, bounce around, take a few pictures and then reluctantly put them in witht he dirty nappies to wash LOL

microfibre doesnt need prewashing, its only natural fabrics, cotton, bamboo, hemp etc that need prewashing

if you dont want to wash clean nappies put them in a bucket with some warm water and a tiny bit of powder / liquid, leave it in the kitchen / bathroom for a few days and everytime you go in there give it a quick swish with your hand, that'll work just as well as tons of washes :D

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"