• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Precious Pumpkins... Due in October

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all well.

Personel question, did any of you have an episiotomy? If so how are you feeling? At about day 8 pp i was feeling less sore but now its all flared up again. I feel so bruised (forceps delivery), itchy (but no unusual discharge) and generally tight down there. Sitting on the toilet is painful but again feels bruised. I stopped taking painkillers 8 days pp but have started them again as im hurting. I have read that it can take a while to heal but wondered if you had personel experiences.

Dawn

Hey dawn I had an epistotomy and a 4th degree tear & forceps, my bits felt much better after about a week but then after about 2-3weeks it was feeling a bit swollen, itchy & occasionally painful. My mw gave me canesten as although I don't have thrush she said it would help with the healing.

She said it may hurt from time to time depending on how much I do in the day, & also as the stiches are dissolving the skin has to do more work as such which could cause additional swelling.

She just told me to stay in my nightie as much as possible & not to wear tight trousers such as jeans if possible.

But it's all getting better, we'll just have some good days & bad days I think.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:
x

Thank you, i do wonder if i have just been overdoing it a bit. Glad your recovering x x

Hey dawn I had an epistotomy and a 4th degree tear & forceps, my bits felt much better after about a week but then after about 2-3weeks it was feeling a bit swollen, itchy & occasionally painful. My mw gave me canesten as although I don't have thrush she said it would help with the healing.

She said it may hurt from time to time depending on how much I do in the day, & also as the stiches are dissolving the skin has to do more work as such which could cause additional swelling.

She just told me to stay in my nightie as much as possible & not to wear tight trousers such as jeans if possible.

But it's all getting better, we'll just have some good days & bad days I think.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:
x

Lisa40 that sounds awful, I'm going to stop moaning about my second degree tear now!
My Stiches are healing well, but I have mastitis now, sigh so on antibiotics. I don't know what to do about pumping, I find it so tiring alongside formula but it was skipping a night pump that caused it. Anyone else combo feeding with the pump?

I don't believe there are things they can say cause mastitis as I am not breast feeding and I too had it and am just finishing my course of antibiotics :haha:

Haha Indi, they tell me it was awful but to be honest I didn't feel anything at the time, must be the adrenalin & they did a wonderful job of repairing me by all accounts, apparently 25% of women don't regain bowel control after a 4th degree tear but I was fine after a couple of days thankfully! Although I was quite worried when they first said that as I hadn't been to the loo yet... Started wondering how I was ever going to go back to work if I couldn't stop myself pooping :shock: but I'm pleased to say all is good now in that department :haha:

x

Indi, i was pumping while I had the mastitis at first (no way could i let baby chew on my nipples, they were all pussy and soo painful!) Then the milk had lots of blood and lumps in it so I didn't want to give it to her! so now were on formula :(

If you plan to go back to breast though it will be worth it in the end with the pumping! take a pat on the back, as its hard work to express all day! xx

Hows everyone doing? Little picture updates... Hello from Elyssa!

Refusing to sleep...
https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/IMAG0609.jpg

Grumpy bum...
https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/IMAG0665.jpg

Smiling...
https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/untitled.png
Excuse a tired looking mummy (very busy day)

Sleeping peacefully...
https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/IMAG0647.jpg

Lovely pictures Mrs B,she is gorgeous. I will add some of Isaac tommorow.

We are good, he is feeding better and hopefully will have gained some weight when he gets weighed tommorow. I think my stitches may be infected but hoping the midwife will check tommorow for me.

I can't believe how much life has changed (for the better) since our little man arrived, it is truly amazing what two people can create.

Aww, I love the pics Mrs B.

Is anyone having problems with their Lo having colic? My girl has been screaming the last couple of nights so we've started giving her infacol. It's just so hard as she won't be put down at night and when she's crying constantly to its really hard to cope with :( She's such an angel in the day that I feel so bad that its hard to get through the nights.

We've been on infacol for a few weeks now but I don't really see a difference to be honest x

We use infacol and it helps him bring his wind up occassionally, but not always. Lukily the wind does not seem to bother him (touch wood).

We are struggling with him not pooing, been two days now and he seems uncomfortabe at times. On the plus side he is nearly back to his birth weight, now weighs 10lbs 5 ounces, 2 ounces off birth weight.... Not bad since he dropped down to nearly 9lbs by day 3 after birth.

Are you still bf? I can't remember. I ff and Elyssa only poos once every 2 days and struggles with bottom wind constantly. X

Christopher had a check up today last week he weighed 8lbs.11oz. and doctor wanted to see him this week to make sure he was gaining okay. And sure enough he is, today he weighed 9lbs 7.5oz. so...6.3oz over birth weight :D Everything else looked great too...

Does anyone know anything good to ease up dry skin, he has dry skin really bad on his little hands/wrists and his feet/ankles...I keep putting baby lotion on but doesn't seem to do anything for it...

Also is anyone else pumping breast milk? I started off breastfeeding in the hospital and some when we came home, but he would fall asleep as soon as he would latch on it seems...so I started pumping the milk to make sure he was getting enough...and I was getting anywhere from 5-8oz each time i pumped...now I'm lucky to reach 4oz. when pumping...anyone else had this???

Attachments

• christopher11.jpg
    christopher11.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1
  • christopher8.jpg
    christopher8.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1
  • daddy and christopher.jpg
    daddy and christopher.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
I've been told to use olive oil to help with their dry skin, does seem to be working both the hospital and my sisters recommended this!
I'm pumping milk but am on anti biotics for mastitis, my supply def seems to have dropped. if you want to get yours back up you can pump as if your baby was cluster feeding. so 20 mins both sides, wait, 10 mins.wait then five mins. Think I found that on Kellysmum website.
I'm using infacol, seems to be helping. Poor mite has a virus right now though, very snuffly and we're all really tired.

Cute pics :)

I use e45 on Elyssas dry skin and it does wonders x

Does anyone know anything good to ease up dry skin, he has dry skin really bad on his little hands/wrists and his feet/ankles...I keep putting baby lotion on but doesn't seem to do anything for it...

Eleanor had this really badly as well when a few days old. We were recommended Bepanthen by our midwife, and it worked wonders! Very gentle on the skin, safe for use on hands even if they do get put in the mouth and works really well quite quickly. We've bought a new tube for this next one, and it's already been opened to use on a dry skin rash on Eleanor. Gone within a day =)

-Edit-
Edited to say that the cracked skin as a newborn didn't fix itself within a day obviously, but you did see massive improvement quickly

ah, just realized you're not in Europe... not sure if they have it in the states =/

He did not take to breast feeding and my milk did not come in either, don't know if it was due to traumatic birth or just one of those things, so he is on Aptamil and like Elyssa he only poos every 2 days it seems and is really windy too. he has just done a poo now and seems so much more comfortable.

Are you still bf? I can't remember. I ff and Elyssa only poos once every 2 days and struggles with bottom wind constantly. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->