Precious Pumpkins... Due in October

Hi ladies

Sorry I haven't been on much but I'm not allowed to put baby flint down for more then a few minutes!
He seems to have trapped wind or pain passing wind and is very moany and doesn't like being put down. He hardly burps when we wind him. Also wants to feed every 2 hours in the day and whence naps in day it's on me and quite often just for 5-20 mins 3 times a day. Last night he wouldn't sleep until 10.45pm :cry:
We thought he was getting better after changing to cow and gate comfort milk but a week later he is back to how he was. :wacko:
We have tried infacol (still using), dentinox he hated the texture and taste. We even tried colief and that again helped for just a couple of days.
Since on comfort food he only poos once every two days when before it was 2 or 3 times a day on his HIPP organic formula.

I have just ordered weleda chamomilla granules which a friend said helped her girl settle.

Should I try aptimil comfort food or go back to Hipp or will changing his food again cause more pain/problems?

Dr gave me colief when I asked for it but he doesn't seem too bothered about this wind/colic problem TBH as I suppose he sees it so much. Some say nothing much will help until his 3 months old when they should grow out of it!!!

Any help gratefully received on this matter as I just want a happy pain free baby.

My health visitor said aptimal comfort is the same as any other comfort milk so personally i would not switch one comfort milk for another.
I wish i had advice but we are going through the same with Isaac

Hope Flint feels better soon

Hi ladies

Sorry I haven't been on much but I'm not allowed to put baby flint down for more then a few minutes!
He seems to have trapped wind or pain passing wind and is very moany and doesn't like being put down. He hardly burps when we wind him. Also wants to feed every 2 hours in the day and whence naps in day it's on me and quite often just for 5-20 mins 3 times a day. Last night he wouldn't sleep until 10.45pm :cry:
We thought he was getting better after changing to cow and gate comfort milk but a week later he is back to how he was. :wacko:
We have tried infacol (still using), dentinox he hated the texture and taste. We even tried colief and that again helped for just a couple of days.
Since on comfort food he only poos once every two days when before it was 2 or 3 times a day on his HIPP organic formula.

I have just ordered weleda chamomilla granules which a friend said helped her girl settle.

Should I try aptimil comfort food or go back to Hipp or will changing his food again cause more pain/problems?

Dr gave me colief when I asked for it but he doesn't seem too bothered about this wind/colic problem TBH as I suppose he sees it so much. Some say nothing much will help until his 3 months old when they should grow out of it!!!

Any help gratefully received on this matter as I just want a happy pain free baby.

Hi ladies

Hi hun, I have the same problem with Alice sleeping, she just wants to be cuddled or held - sometimes its a mission just to try and go to the toilet!
We use infacol and gripe water when she is screaming. We've also found that putting her into her front for a bit gets rid of a lot of bottom wind :haha:
Also my mom said cooled boiled water helped me when I was a baby.

The only time my LO will sleep really sound in his crib is when he's out cold...but that takes forever sometimes...and then if he isn't out like a rock he makes all these noises and grunts and moan in his sleep...

Yeah, I had no idea about the weird sounds babies make with sleeping, find it so hard to sleep through!
I can't put mine down either, seems a running theme here! I don't think he had colic, he can get some good burps up, buy he just hates me putting him down in the day. I get him down for bed about ten, but I did have a bad evening yesterday he didn't nap all day, so screamed in the evening :-(
It's so hard when they only nap on you!

My little man took twenty minutes to realise he had been put down before he started crying again this morning, was quite funny really..... he gave us a look as if to say 'how dare you put me down again LOL'. He is not really that fussy generally except for 5 am onwards when he thinks it is time to get up and i don't agree LOL... que pitiful crying from Isaac, since he doesn't actually need anything has been fed, changed, winded and cuddled... he wants to get up and go downstairs and by the time i reach the bottom stair he will be asleep on my shoulder, the little monkey :baby: good job our little one's are so cute.

we put Isaac in his cot in his room on tuesday night as we were disturbing him and he was disturbing us with his little grunting noises. He has slept much better and so have we, he settles off quicker (apart from at 5am) and sleeps an hour longer between feeds, the little star.
We do have the angelcare sound and movement monitor so that helped us make the decision to move him and he is so much more comfier now as he has room, he was already getting to big for his crib, but then again he is a big lad and nearly outgrowing 0-3 months clothes at 4 weeks.

Hello ladies,

How are all our pumpkins? Isaac was weighed today and weighs 13lbs 3 ounces ..... Our chunky little monkey. He is feeding well and sleeping well, he goes from 7:30pm to 1:30 / 2:30 am little star. He has his immunisations in two weeks and im really not looking forward to them.
As for me, well i am still sore from the birth, feel very bruised after standing / walking or sitting in the car for too long and when doing pelvic floor excercises they hurt and my thigh is still numb / pins and needles sensation that is worse when i am cold, i assume this is from my epidural...... Going to mention it when we have our 6-8 week check.

Hope you are all well x

Hi Dawn :)

We are good here. Health Visitor was supposed to come around at 12 today, but she turned up over half hour early and I wasnt in! Bugs me! So not sure how much Elyssa weighs as she was supposed to be weighed today, but 2 weeks ago she weighed 10lb11oz.

Our 6 weeks check went well, Doctor was very happy with Elyssa, I asked to be swabbed for infection as I have been getting abnormal discharge but nothing has come back so must just be things getting back to normal so Doctor is not worried :shrug: Just wait to see if it all goes away I suppose, however now I have funny pains across my lower abdomen/bikini line, it feels like muscular ache.

She has her jabs on Monday. I bet she'll be fine, I feel like I should worry about them because everyone else does, but I'm not :haha:

Elyssa still only takes 3 oz per feed, we try give her 4, sometimes she will take it but sometimes not, sometimes it makes her sicky sometimes not! lol

We put her to bed at 7:30 - 8, then feed her at 10/10:30 when we gop to bed, then she sleeps until about 3, then til 6, then til 9 :)

Sounds like Elyssa is doing really well :flower: Isaac takes 5 oz bottles every 3-4 hours and sometimes takes 6 oz, sometimes he screams for a feed after 2.5 hours..... He just loved his food.
I hope Elyssa's jabs go okay, i think i am just nervous about how Isaac will be after his as they are meant to be a bit grouchy.
Hope your pains disapear and you begin to feel better soon.

Hi Dawn :)
We are good here. Health Visitor was supposed to come around at 12 today, but she turned up over half hour early and I wasnt in! Bugs me! So not sure how much Elyssa weighs as she was supposed to be weighed today, but 2 weeks ago she weighed 10lb11oz.

Our 6 weeks check went well, Doctor was very happy with Elyssa, I asked to be swabbed for infection as I have been getting abnormal discharge but nothing has come back so must just be things getting back to normal so Doctor is not worried :shrug: Just wait to see if it all goes away I suppose, however now I have funny pains across my lower abdomen/bikini line, it feels like muscular ache.

She has her jabs on Monday. I bet she'll be fine, I feel like I should worry about them because everyone else does, but I'm not :haha:

Elyssa still only takes 3 oz per feed, we try give her 4, sometimes she will take it but sometimes not, sometimes it makes her sicky sometimes not! lol

We put her to bed at 7:30 - 8, then feed her at 10/10:30 when we gop to bed, then she sleeps until about 3, then til 6, then til 9 :)

Hello Ladies, Christopher is doing well, he weighed 12 lbs exactly on 11/29, and had his second hep.B shot. His next appointment is two days after Christmas and get all his jabs then. No pains happening this way,thankfully. Chris eats 4 oz. usually...sometimes he wants some more so we give him 6 oz. we usually have a feed around 10 and he sleeps till 2 a.m/2:30 a.m. then till 6:30/7...Such a good baby and a chunky monkey :D

Lily is doing so well! Our HV is on holiday but 2 weeks ago she weighed 11lb 2oz, she had her 6 week check which was ok except theyre sending her for a scan on her hips in February because she has clicky hips - what ever that means!
She's had her first lot of injections, I got really distressed watching her get upset and scream like that so dh will be taking her alone for her next ones :nope:

She's drinking 7oz every 4 hours and she's already on formula for hungry babies!! (I had to give up breastfeeding because of the tablets I'm on :sad1:
She has her last feed at 12 when we go to bed, she'll sleep On and off downstairs before that then comes up to bed with us at 12 because we co-sleep and she sleeps straight threw until 9 in the morning so I'd class that as sleeping threw the night! I'm up until 4 ish most nights in agony and she doesn't even stir!

She smiling loads and has even started laughing this week, she's also discovered her feet this week aswell, she's started playing footsie with herself and trying to grab at her feet when sitting on our laps (her hand co-ordination isn't quite there yet)

She has started actually crying for her daddy now, the first time she did it I couldn't work out what she wanted because she usually never cries unless she's hungry but this time she wouldn't quit, she had a clean bum and was fed and wouldn't stop to comforting but the minute daddy took her she was fine! So now sometimes when I'm holding her she will cry and daddy will take her and she stops straight away.

Her list of favourite things goes Daddy, Milk, TV, Mommy :rofl:

As for me, after her delivery I ended up paralysed in one leg, I've had a follow up recently with my neurology consultant and I'm still paralysed, he had sent me for nerve conduction studies and turns out I have nerve damage caused by being stuck in stirrups for too long and the position I was in caused her to crush nerves in my hip on her way out :nope:
He reckons it will last 18 months to 2 years but worst case is that it never recovers or doesn't recover fully - worst case but completely possible.

So I'm stuck in a wheel chair trying to care for a new born, dh has had to quit work to care for me and Lily

Hope everyone's ok :hugs:

Goodness princess, you have had a time of it, i really hope that your paralysis does recover.
Sounds like Lilly is doing really well.

I can't believe how big all our pumpkins are gettin

Xxxxx

Lily is doing so well! Our HV is on holiday but 2 weeks ago she weighed 11lb 2oz, she had her 6 week check which was ok except theyre sending her for a scan on her hips in February because she has clicky hips - what ever that means!
She's had her first lot of injections, I got really distressed watching her get upset and scream like that so dh will be taking her alone for her next ones :nope:

She's drinking 7oz every 4 hours and she's already on formula for hungry babies!! (I had to give up breastfeeding because of the tablets I'm on :sad1:
She has her last feed at 12 when we go to bed, she'll sleep On and off downstairs before that then comes up to bed with us at 12 because we co-sleep and she sleeps straight threw until 9 in the morning so I'd class that as sleeping threw the night! I'm up until 4 ish most nights in agony and she doesn't even stir!

She smiling loads and has even started laughing this week, she's also discovered her feet this week aswell, she's started playing footsie with herself and trying to grab at her feet when sitting on our laps (her hand co-ordination isn't quite there yet)

She has started actually crying for her daddy now, the first time she did it I couldn't work out what she wanted because she usually never cries unless she's hungry but this time she wouldn't quit, she had a clean bum and was fed and wouldn't stop to comforting but the minute daddy took her she was fine! So now sometimes when I'm holding her she will cry and daddy will take her and she stops straight away.

Her list of favourite things goes Daddy, Milk, TV, Mommy :rofl:

As for me, after her delivery I ended up paralysed in one leg, I've had a follow up recently with my neurology consultant and I'm still paralysed, he had sent me for nerve conduction studies and turns out I have nerve damage caused by being stuck in stirrups for too long and the position I was in caused her to crush nerves in my hip on her way out :nope:
He reckons it will last 18 months to 2 years but worst case is that it never recovers or doesn't recover fully - worst case but completely possible.

So I'm stuck in a wheel chair trying to care for a new born, dh has had to quit work to care for me and Lily

Hope everyone's ok :hugs:

Oh god Princess, you poor thing! I really do hope its temporary.

Alice is 11lb 14oz now and seems to be pretty happy and healthy. She's starting sleeping in her crib and after about 1am she usually sleeps 3-4 hours before she wakes for a feed.
Her favourite place to sleep is still on daddys chest, especially in the day when he puts a film on.
I hope everyone is looking forward to a fantastic Christmas with your babies and/or families.
:flower:

Hello ladies and babies

Flint is a little less grumpy and can now be left in a swing for a while which means I can get dressed or even go to the toilet without him screaming. It's amazing:happydance:
We had a mamas and papas swing chair that went back and forth but now have a friends one that swings side to side and he sits in it happily and even sleeps on it.
Flint is still quite windy, still on the infacol and not pooing every day (how often do your poo)?
I changed his food back to the hipp organic and he's better on that. TBH I think it's true that basically as they get older the colic/wind gets better as their digestive system gets more mature. Are your babies settling down with the constant need to be held and wind pains?

My mum has brought me some hipp fennel tea mix for babies to help with the wind and tummy pains. Will try it tomorrow. They don't sell it in uk so had to buy from a polish shop here, they use it a lot.

Flint weighed 11llbs at 8 weeks but was only 7.1 at birth.

Can't believe how quickly they grow out of their clothes, getting through loads here.
His jabs went ok, he cried a bit. The nurse could have been nicer :growlmad:and not rushed us. Felt like slapping her as was really rather harsh and uncaring. Hope we have a different nurse for the other ones.

Hope you all have a fab first christmas with your babies xx

Jocr - isaac poo's every day normally, but on odd days may miss a day. He settled loads with his colic when we switched him to comfort milk, we still use infacol but on the odd occassion i forget it he manages fine. Isaac loved his baby swing too, it is an absolute godsend, we have put it in the kitchen so i can get on with cleaning / cooking whilst he can see me.

Are any of you ladies aiming for a routine with your little one's? We are trying and for the last 4 nights Isaac has had a bottle and gone down for bed at 7:30 and slept till 2am then fed and slept till 6, then fed again and slept till 8....this seems to be his pattern. Health visitor suggested dream feeding him at 11 to see if he would go through the night but Isaac will not even open his mouth for a bottle if he is not ready so we won't be dream feeding him. Still i am happy with his routine so far.

I spent today having a sort out of the clothes Isaac has outgrown, was a sad moment :cry: he is now in 3-6 month clothes which fit perfectly on his top and are only slightly long, i swear he will not be in them for longer than 4 or 5 months of age he is just so long. Anyhow i bagged up some newborn and 0-3 for a charity shop and have kept some stuff in the vague hope that DH will let me have another baby at some stage..... I have a feeling i will be stashing outgrown clothes all around the house just in case we have another... It is funny how when i was pregnant with Isaac i really wanted a girl but now if we ever had another then having a boy would make our lives easier :flower: do any of you think you will have more children?, i wonder what is the 'ideal' age gap between children..... Hmmm thoughts, i guess i am desperatly broody (more so than before i had Isaac), still for me i think total recovery will be a long process since still feeling the effects of his birth now, maybe one day i will forget about the birth and then perhaps that is the time we consider a number 2 :flower:

Are you all ready for Christmas, are you getting your little one's many gifts?, we have got Isaac a couple (as we know lots of other people will be buying for him) so we are going to put money in his savings account for him instead..... I have managed to pursuade mum to wrap his gifts fom us so that i am not wrapping them to then unwrap them myself on xmas day lol. We are having our very own little Christmas (just DH, myself and Isaac) for xmas lunch, we will visit my family xmas day as they live nearby and then off to london on 27th to see DH family..... Will be our first time away with Isaac, i have a feeling i may have to pack my whole house lol...... Is anyone else going away with baby over Christmas?, any tips on coping with change of routine / location.... Ie how to help them settle in strange cot / unfamiliar room etc.

Hey everyone,
Finn is 10lb 7oz now, and has long arms and legs, not convinced 0\3 months clothes will last much longer!
I stopped pumping after a month and now he's on hipp combiotic. He poos once a day, occasionally skipping a day, and doing two the next!
He smiles now.and has always been very strong, holding his head up since birth nearly. I think he'll be taller and stronger then me age five lol!
I do a baby led routine, but he tends to follow a pattern. Night is always last feed at ten, then 2\3 then 6\7am.
Naps are random, I'm just happy when he has them, they can last hours or just 40 mins. He is very reliant on being swaddled, I don't know what to do about that, hope h e grows out if it!
All in all he's a very chilled baby, but can have grumpy days. I use anti colic bottles and infacol but he's never has more then bad trapped wind, it's a precaution more then anything!
I've taken him to friends houses, and our friends pub once, but no baby groups yet. Think I'll start after xmas maybe. Do you guys do any?
Lovely to hear about your babies :)

We've been to a baby and toddler group a couple of times, just to get out the house really.
Elyssa also heals her head from birth, I find it funny how different babies are, even from this age.
We are on colief drops in her milk as she went through a stage of screaming in the evenings and hee poo was always dark green. The drops help loads and we're onto normal looking poops which we get every other day.

Were spending Christmas at my stepmums mums house, there will be 14 of us in total including 2 babies, I cannot wait.

We have bought Elyssa a few presents, some soft toy cubes with different textures on all sides, some rattles and teethers, some stackable rings for when she's older and a ball to encourage crawling also for when she's older :)

I am planning to start baby groups in January, when hopefully Isaac will be in more of a pattern and less likely to sleep through the group ( he has a morning nap and afternoon nap at the same time each day, so i can try and plan groups around these naps). I am a bit shy though so quite anxious about throwing myself into a group...... How did you find joining a group Mrs B, daunting?, easy?,im hoping having Isaac with me will help break the ice.

Have any of you been invited to a postnatel group?, in our area they organise a group with mum's that have had a baby within a week or two of each other, so all babies will be similar ages and at these groups they discuss baby related issues ie sleep, weaning etc....hopefully this will be a useful group toattend assuming shyness does not get in the way

I was ok going, but I was invited by a friend who also went so I thought I would stick by her, but when I got there everyone was chatty and came to see us as we have the new baby lol. I wouldn't have had the courage if I hadn't of gone with my friend tho, but glad I did :)

TEAM :yellow: turned to TEAM :blue:!!!!

Merreck Dennis Gregory Pate was born October 13th at 13:44 weighing 9lbs 11oz, 21.75 inches long.

i've been suffering from PPD... sorry for the LATE update. :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->