Precious Pumpkins... Due in October

cute pics Mrs Wichman,

i was also told olive oil for dry skin but we have not tried it, we brought a johnsons baby moisturisor and that seems to help a little.

We have been using olive oil and her dry skin is miles better. I have the johnsons stuff which smells lovely! will probably wait a few weeks before using it :)

I'm EE and have noticed that if I go too long without pumping ie longer than 3 hours my supply drops really quickly. As pp suggests try to mimic cluster feeding and also start eating plenty of oats, I really find they help get my supply back up.

Hello all,

Hope you are all well and that all our little bundles of joy are doing well.

DH went back to work this week and i think we all found this a shock to the system, but we are adjusting. I am finding doing all the in the night feeds hard and Isaac likes to wake at 5 am bright eyed and alert so i end up taking him downstairs so that he does not disturb DH. I guess i am averaging about 4 hours broken sleep a night, which i appreciate is probably better than what some of you are getting.
I don't do well without sleep, find myself feeling emotional and i hate that. But it is my 'lie in' morning tommorow (yay) so i should hopefully be able to catch up on some sleep.

Isaac is a little monkey and loves nothing more than falling asleep on us, this is a habit i want to change soon, but then again i guess i need to remember he is only 3 weeks (tommorow) so a little cuddle won't do him any harm. I wonder at what point a routine begins to get established. right now his feeds / sleeps are all over the place.

anyhow here are some pics of my little monkey

Attachments

• Aged two minutes.jpg
    Aged two minutes.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Doctor Nat.jpg
    Doctor Nat.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Going Home Outfit.jpg
    Going Home Outfit.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi dawn :hi:

I found it really hard when OH went back to work too, it's been 2 weeks now & it's starting to get a bit better although today has been tough.
She slept well last night from 9-4 & then from 5.30-8am so I can't really complain but the first few weeks were up every 2-3 hours. I'm hoping it wasn't a fluke.

I have my night off tonight too though, I think it is important to ensure both parents do have some time to themselves and that they know when this is so when things are bad you know you will eventually have some chill time.

I just keep telling myself that it WILL get better haha.

Big hugs :hugs:
xx

Hi Ladies!

We had a photoshoot on Wednesday, here it our taster video we were shown before we went and viewed all the photos... https://s1060.beta.photobucket.com/user/Cezza_B/media/VID-20121109-WA0006.mp4.html

Our sleep pattern seems to be ok in the night, 10/11pm - 2/3am - 6/7am. Normally we get the fee, wind and back down within half hour and maybe a little winding half an hour later, then straight back down again.

She has a grumpy time every evening between 8-10pm. She wakes up for it :haha:

Hubby goes back to work on Monday after a month off! I'm a little worried about it to be honest but I am sure we will be fine

:flower:

The photo link did not work for me :nope:

I think if my DH had taken a month of work i would refuse to let him go back, it was bad enough after two weeks.

sounds like Elyssa is in quite a good routine, Issac has his grumpy time too, normally about 5 am and all he really wants is to fall asleep on me, but i am too stubborn to let him so i fight him for half an hour before giving up and going downstairs.... it is amazing that even the action of walking down the stairs soothes him and he stops crying....i guess he is thinking to himself " yes i win again mum" LOL

Hi Ladies!

We had a photoshoot on Wednesday, here it our taster video we were shown before we went and viewed all the photos... https://s1060.beta.photobucket.com/user/Cezza_B/media/VID-20121109-WA0006.mp4.html

Our sleep pattern seems to be ok in the night, 10/11pm - 2/3am - 6/7am. Normally we get the fee, wind and back down within half hour and maybe a little winding half an hour later, then straight back down again.

She has a grumpy time every evening between 8-10pm. She wakes up for it :haha:

Hubby goes back to work on Monday after a month off! I'm a little worried about it to be honest but I am sure we will be fine

:flower:

Just spotted your profile pic Mrs B, i love it.

we are getting some pics of Isaac done next week, i sense i may spend a fortune LOL, luckily DH will be at work so can't 'police' my spending, hee hee

There are more pics from the shoot on my journal link in my siggy :)

:baby: Just had Isaac weighed and our chunky monkey now weighs 10 lbs 13 ounces :happydance: so proud of him and now i know switching to formula was absolutly the best decision for us.

Also been discharged from the midwifes..... was very random being given a conversation about contraception by a woman who is a lot younger than i am LOL..... and anyhow lets just say DH won't be coming anywhere near me for a while anyhow.. still i am armed and ready with the family planning number just for when the time comes.

Phew...I am finally able to pop back in to baby and bump after the birth of our little Natalie. Had a rough start as I had to go in for an emergency surgery on Friday for a secondary post partum hemmorage and retained placenta but am home now and happy to be settling into a sort of routine with all the girls. Hope everyone else is doing well with there lo's.

Oh my Kate, that sounds terrifying. Glad it got resolved and you are now home with your family where you belong. Love your avatar pic :) she is prescious!
What signaled you to go to the hospital?

Oh my Kate, that sounds terrifying. Glad it got resolved and you are now home with your family where you belong. Love your avatar pic :) she is prescious!
What signaled you to go to the hospital?

My bleeding had slowed down postpartum at around a week and then one morning I woke up and it was bright red again and filling a pad in under an hour. I was also passing egg sized clots when I had previously only little ones. Also I had pain and tenderness where my uterus was and could feel that my uterus hadn't shrunk back down at all since birth.

....sorry for the late reply.

Hi everyone, thought I'd pop back :)
I've managed to get through the first month now! My little Alice is putting on weight very successfully and is 10lb 8oz. She's been on the 75th percentile since she was born and never lost weight at all.
I'm still breastfeeding and after having both thrush and mastitis I'm hoping that its going to be less painful from now on :thumbup:

She still doesn't like to sleep on her own at night and wants to be cuddled on your chest. Last night in desperation I put her to sleep on her front and she went straight out. I'm terrified of SIDS but I'm sure its not safe her sleeping on us either as me and my husband are taking the night shift staying up with her on us but its hard not to fall asleep.
She has a very strong neck and arms and is quite able to lift and turn her head.

I'm loving the photos of everyones babies, when I get on the computer I'll have to put a picture up. It's so strange to see how much they change every day.

Hi PG5K :hi:

it's so very hard isn't it when they won't sleep anywhere but on you. It's weird as my LO managed fine for the first 2 weeks or so in her basket but after that she really struggled. I've put her to sleep on her front occasionally too, like you I'm sure it's safer than sleeping on me if I fell asleep.

The thing I've found that works sometimes is to warm up the basket with the hairdryer, the noise helps her to stay asleep and the warmth helps as I'm sure getting into a cold bed would wake me up too.

We then turn off the hairdryer & use a hairdryer app on our phones through the cd player... It's a strange combination but it's worked well the last couple of nights... I'm sure it won't last haha x

good luck

xx

My LO doesn't sleep on us, but does love to be in the bed right between us...sleeps very sound...bad habit to start but I rather have him sleep than be fussy all night.

I did that for the first five weeks, but I have since discovered how to get her sleeping in the bassinet for the most part.

How have you done that? My lo will sleep in it at night, (lucky me!) but only on me in the day. I'd love him to nap off me, so I can get things done.

Hi PG5K :hi:

it's so very hard isn't it when they won't sleep anywhere but on you. It's weird as my LO managed fine for the first 2 weeks or so in her basket but after that she really struggled. I've put her to sleep on her front occasionally too, like you I'm sure it's safer than sleeping on me if I fell asleep.

The thing I've found that works sometimes is to warm up the basket with the hairdryer, the noise helps her to stay asleep and the warmth helps as I'm sure getting into a cold bed would wake me up too.

We then turn off the hairdryer & use a hairdryer app on our phones through the cd player... It's a strange combination but it's worked well the last couple of nights... I'm sure it won't last haha x

good luck

xx

It's weird which noises they like :haha: My Lo sleeps to the sound of my breast pump or heavy rain.
We've made a recording of both and play them on the ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->