Pregnancy affecting supply?

Leanna5813

Reaction score
I'm 13 weeks pregnant and still breastfeeding my 8 month old. Yesterday I asked his ped why he won't empty me when he nurses. Since I've become pregnant he will nurse on one side until it feels about half emptied, then he will refuse that side and go to the other to do the same thing. His ped basically told me because he's on solids three times a day he won't need to nurse as often and won't drink as much at each feeding. Well, thinking in the way of supply and demand I assumed that by not demanding as much my supply would go down and I wouldn't have the problem of half emptied breasts. I'm wondering if my breasts just feel full from the pregnancy or if maybe my supply isn't going down because I'm producing for my son and also producing in preparation for the new baby. Does anyone know what's going on? His ped didn't seem too concerned about him not getting enough hind and fore milk. His weight is good and he's healthy.

If his weight is good then I wouldn't worry. Pregnancy may not be having as much of an effect on your supply as you think. I wish I could say the same. I found out yesterday my DS has lost weight and that I now have to give formula.

If his weight is good then I wouldn't worry. Pregnancy may not be having as much of an effect on your supply as you think. I wish I could say the same. I found out yesterday my DS has lost weight and that I now have to give formula.

I'm sorry to hear that. :(
That has been my biggest fear since finding out I'm pregnant again. I'm hoping my supply makes it until he turns a year old so I can avoid formula all together.

My supply dried up completely around 24 weeks during my last pregnancy even though I was tandem feeding my toddlers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->