Pregnancy after d&c?

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
i have soooo many questions. I had to have a d&c as baby had complications 5 weeks ago. I was 9 weeks.

I am yet to have any period and hardly bled after the procedure was done. After 2 weeks I resumed BDing with hubby. I am paranoid because I took a test tonight and got a (very) faint positive - I think??. How long does HCG stay in the system after a D&C? Is it possible my faint positive was due to that? Or did hubs get me pregnant the one time we had sex before he got circumcised 3 weeks ago?

Can you ladies see it? I have been having on and off cramps but they're not severe and are more of a twinge. I have no other symptoms of AF.

Attachments

• IMG_4268.jpg
    IMG_4268.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 77
I see what looks like a shadow, but I don't know if it has any colour to it? Does it in real life? I know faint lines can be hard to photograph and then after uploading they can become a little lost.
I think it varies how long it takes hCG to drop back to normal levels after a loss, with my miscarriage at 8 weeks I didn't test to see levels drop, but my symptoms literally disappeared overnight, so I'm assuming hormones dropped quite quickly. However, I may have had faint lines on tests still had I used any.
The only thing you can do is keep testing and/or ask for a beta to see what's happening

Mine was around 2 weeks to drop back below the level... You're super fertile after a mc and can resume ovulating straight away so it is possible yes!

Mint was 2 weeks to go negative after mine and baby was 9 weeks old too

All you can do is re test and check for progressio

Wish you lots of luck

It depends really. I had two D&Cs both around 8 weeks... the first my levels were back to normal around 2-3 weeks and the second I had blood drawn because I was still getting pos tests 4 weeks later and they were still 40-50 miu (which was enough to show positive on most tests) but it was NOT a new pregnancy. I mean really all you can do is retest in a couple days and see if it is getting darker. It is very possible that you ovulated somewhere between those 5 weeks and it fell around the time you and your OH dtd.

^^ WSS

It can vary so much from loss to loss. I've had hCG in my system 2 weeks after a 7 week natural miscarriage where the baby never grew and I just had an empty gestational sac yet 9 days after my D&C with my 14 week miscarriage (The baby's hb stopped a day or so before I found out and I had the surgery at 15 weeks), my hCG was back to 0. :shrug: I've found my hCG levels usually drop back down to 0 around 2-3 weeks post loss but as I said, it can vary.

The only thing you can do is retest and see what the lines do. If they get darker, then it's possible it's a new pregnancy.

I had a DnC at 11 weeks and the hcg stayed in my system enough to cause a positive pregnancy test for 8 weeks!! Took two months before I started to test negative again and was being followed with bloods as well. Depends on how high your hcg was to begin with. If im honest that seems like leftover hcg to me but you can test again and if it gets darker in 3 days then you can count it as a new pregnancy. GL xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->