Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Good news all round ladies! Congrats on being home Grace and Eilidh, yay for the 3+ youandme, happy 39 weeks Sandi and 24 weeks Lottie! 2 more weeks until 24 for me, time is dragging sooo slowly!

Sorry if I've missed anyone, hope everyone has a good evening :flower:

Congrats on the beautiful girlie babies coming home today! :hugs:

Happy 24 weeks Lottie (again!)

Sandi....I hope Gaga is feelin' better!

you&me - 3+ sounds really positive.

Lianne - Hope Jaiden is well.

Tasha - I hope you are well!

I hope I haven't missed anyone.

Nic how r u doing sweets, ur v. Quiet x x

Jaiden is great thank u. hes 6 weeks old now, time is flying by. hes gettin big now too. gettin him weighed at 9am xx

Grace has been takeing about an ounce of milk every 1 to 2 hours, :( ! Have been up all night and Olivia is wakeing up so not planning on getting any sleep now until tonight (hopefully!) OH is still in bed..the lazy bugger lol Did you all use a bouncy chair when your babas come home from NICU?
Im not sure if we can use it or not :S

Ohh i have the community childrens nurses coming today between 9.30 and 2.00, never had them when Olivia was born so dont really know what to expect, hope there not like the HV lol
xx

We did jo? In fact they actively encouraged us to bring one into NICU so i imagine its fine :)

I was thinking its probs ok, theres quite a few babies on nicu with bouncy chairs but it says from 6lbs on the box!? Not sure what difference being 5lb or 6lb would make tbh!

xx

when tyler was born i used once straight away and he was 5lb. so i imagine its ok xx

HAPPY 25 WEEKS NIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm intrigued as to how you are doing, i will have to take a nose at your blog :jo:

How are we all doing?

Tasha I know its not long til your scan on Sunday, I am so hoping theres been improvement on the size side. :hugs:

Lottie, I really, really hope your results come through. Like. Now. The time taken is soooo not fair now.

JJ well done on reaching 22 weeks. I dont know why but theres something about that number I liked!

you&me any morning sickness yet? I thought I was gonna get away with it too, but well and truely cursed myself, I had the worst morning sickness :dohh: So hard with a baby!!!

Lianne how did the weigh in go with the wee man?

I've just evicted myself from the living room. Alex is getting cheekier. Keeps handing me the remote so I'll put the music channels on. I'm refusing now, because shes doing it morning noon and night now.

I put Playhouse Disney on, clearly shes that bloody bored of it, because she fell asleep, and she never sleeps at this time :shock: there goes my routine today!

I'm waiting on Neonatal calling me, I want them to investigate Alex's 'reflux' further and I'm not going to the GP because I know they tend to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard. :grr:

Alex was sick again last night - now it seems shes never sick in the day but vomits at night just when we put her in the cot. I have absolutley NO idea why. It almost seems like habit now. I am splitting her meds now to 1/2 her dose in the morning and 1/2 at night to see if it will help the situation. My friend says she needs to do that with her 27 weeker.

I keep meaning to update Alex's blog before I go into labour. So much has changed with her and i dont want the new arrival to cloud the memories!!!

Happy 25 weeks Nic :happydance:

Jo, I am sure if you are with her it is fine :thumbup:

Lianne I cant believe that he is six weeks already, that has flown. I hope he was a good weight this morning.

JJ, yay on the 22 weeks. You must be due around the same time as me?

Lottie, I keep you in my thoughts all the time. I wish it would hurry up for you.

Sandi, doing more testing sounds like a good idea, like I said before you know Alex better than anyone else. Plus your instincts are telling you that its something else. A blog now would be good, also I dunno if you have a timer on your camera, but a photo of the three of you (plus bump) is quite a nice idea too. I love looking at all the photos of my family before our new additions arrive.

Amy, I hope Eilidh is settling at home okay.

dani, fingers crossed for lots of symptoms now.

I am petrified of Sunday, I can see/feel when laying down that very little has changed, I know people will say that oh you cant tell but I knew before my anomaly scan that she was gonna be little, I said as much before the scan, so I do know, iykwim? But what will happen if she isnt growing or getting the stuff she needs, I am 22 weeks.

Sorry if I forgot anyone. :hugs:

Alex is hilarious and I love when you post pics of her she's always got such a cheeky expression on her face!! It won't be long before she can work out how to get the music channels herself I'm sure and then you'll never get any peace from them :haha:

It def doesn't sound like reflux with the fact it's only at night when she goes to bed, that's why I wondered about adenoids as a girl I was at school withs little girl had issues with them and used to be sick some nights and apparently also snores a bit too due to them.

Findlay was funny with the tv last night as I was in the kitchen sorting washing and when I popped through into the lounge to check on him Cbeebies had finished for the night so it was the red screen of death and he was sitting in his seat watching it with a huge smile on his face. Bless, only he could find a red screen so exciting :haha:

Still no results and if they don't ring in the next 3hrs and 30mins then we won't hear anything until Monday (24+5) at the earliest. I'm trying to remain as positive as I can but part of me is starting to get more than a little bit twitchy that either the cells aren't growing properly (although I'd have thought they would have contacted us if that was the case to get another amnio done) or that something has shown up on the test and they are rerunning it before contacting us.

Tasha: I hope the time doesn't seem to drag too much between now and Sunday for you and that the scan gives you a bit of reassurance that baby has been growing better since the last scan :hugs::hugs:

Lianne: What does Jaiden weigh now?

Lottie. Phone them. Now. :telephone:
(well, only if you want to like)

I am laughing out loud at the red screen :rofl:

Alex has stopped battering me with the remote, shes now awake and its Gaga's Top 10 on MTV Hits (as opposed to MTV the Teen Pregnancy Channel :rofl:) So she is in a trance. I'm acually not kidding, she is possessed by Gaga.

I've decided on 4 more tattoos :dohh: I only said one - being babys name (which I'm going to ask Alparens mister to draw up for me), but ive decided on 3 more -
The lyrics to Snow Patrols Run, and two tiny characters, one rainforest one for baby and one of a cartoon lady gaga for alex :rofl: Those will be hidden i think :rofl: I generally like black tattoos.
I think I will play it by ear, go for the appointment and go all guns blazing if they dare think she can do what a 2 year old can.

Yea, I would probably ring them hun. But obviously understand if you cant/dont want to.

Bless Findlay and Alex, they are both AMAZING!!! So, so cute.

How is Alex's hearing Sandi, does she snore?

Thank you Lottie. :hugs:

Those pictures werent there when I read the first time were they?

That is such a great idea. Love it. do you have other tats?

I have two atm. One which is black detailing with one blue butterfly (for Morgan), and three pink butterflies (Naomi-Mae, Honey and Kaysie), so will need to add a fifth butterfly eventually. I also have Honeys name in a pink star on the base of my back, gonna get the words Never Say Goodbye between my shoulders, then have seven yellow stars going down my spine to Honey's star. Then that is it, no more, ever. :thumbup:

Tasha she doesnt snore loudly, but yes, you can hear her often enough. Sometimes you can hear her outside her room. I am definatley going to mention the adenoids to the neonatal, and explain that its not something I have googled, but something thats been suggested several times now.

Sounds like a good plan hun. :thumbup: I hope they call you back soon x

Those pictures werent there when I read the first time were they?

No you need to go to Specsavers :rofl: Just kidding i edited that.

That is such a great idea. Love it. do you have other tats?
Its not for the Lady Gaga aspect really, but just a lil character that means something. Shes grinning at Poker Face as I type this, its crazy :rofl: And of course the rainforest thing for baby. But I might hold off on that until baby grows up and has her own lil personality!

*I have two plain black gheckos, Tasha, one climbing my wrist and one on my tummy, which thankfully hasnt stretched and theres no stretchies near it yet!.
*I have Alex in a tribal font on my hand (aka Cheryl Cole/Jeremy Kyle Guest position :haha:) https://www.cafepress.co.uk/scorpionsamore.68694546
*and erm, a thing, on er, my back.....less about that the better ;)

Tasha Ive seen pics of your tatt and i adore it, I really do!

Lottie are you able to ring in and see if they have any news before the weekend?

Tasha, I hope the scan shows bubble has grown some, to put your mind at rest a little.

Good on getting Alex seen Sandi, they need to sort something out for her, and you.

Tiredness here...that is it!!!

Ohhhh, I have about 16 tattoos..they are a bit addictive :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"