Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Btw can you please pass the message to your bump that they may get a sweep on Tuesday but they are not to arrive until Thursday as then they will be overduuuuuuuuuuuuue lol!! I'm unbelievably excited that it looks like you'll go overdue :happydance::happydance:

Yeah i want the overdue status, rather than the preemie one everyone seems to want these days :dohh: cause its cool or something??? Or maybe they just like the adjusted age tickers :dohh:

I still can't believe someone said on my status tonight "Not long now though... It will be over soon!" :shock: It had better bloody not be!!!

Just shocking.

Happy Mother's Day girls :hugs:

happy mothers day everyone.

tasha best of luck for today, you get to see ur lil girly on mothers day too :cloud9:

i got bugger all from alex, not aftwr the lovely disney princess flowers like last year :haha: il go buy myself some :rofl:

fathers day is gonna be, er, empty, sunshine ;)

Right, I'm gonna have a wee rant. Before I crack up. Hormonal much?

MIL was on the phone and she mentioned her holiday was 2 days after the last day I could have baby. I mean, whats that got to do with me dear? We aren't having visitors. End of. And shes nooooo way exception to that rule, in fact shes the reason for it.
So obviously DH hasnt told her like he said he promised.

I appreciate its his family but then this is mine, and if anyone dares ruin it , i will ruin it for them.

Happy mother's day everyone :flower:

I hope the scan went well Tasha.

I loved you status message about no visiting Sandi...and intend to do the very same, when I had Amber everyone wanted to come out of the woodwork...just to see the baby, they had no interest in me in the slightest, they wanted watering and entertaining...and surprise surprise we haven't seen a few of them since those first few weeks...so I completely think you are doing the right thing...have you asked your hubby if he has told his mum yet?

He said he had, but he also said in a text just now

i will warn my mum again when you are present

(bit hard considering i wont see the woman for at least the next month)

Honestly, this is no word of a lie, it means so much to me that divorce papers will appear if he allows anything like that to happen. I know thats harsh Danielle but i believe part of alexs birth was down to the circumstances of our relationship at the time so anything else would totally make me walk. xxxxxx

:hugs: Maybe persuade him to call her tonight and put it into the conversation when you are in the room, so you can hear it being said...then when baby comes, turn off phones and leave answerphone messages saying 'mum is fine, baby is fine, thanks for calling but we are using this time to settle in as a family'.

Then stick notes on the doors saying 'piss off, if we wanted you to visit then we will let you know!!'

Does his mum live locally?

Be back in a min...gotta wash this blue hair dye off!! :haha:

bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue! ohhhhhhhhhhhhh pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl: it's just the base colour, cosmic blue, like a bluey black...needed to get it on the hair today as got hairdressers next saturday, decided to have my punk emo style cut back in...and am getting electric blue stripes :happydance: so will post pics then.

I was red all through pregnancy with Amber, and am fed up with the same dark red now!!

You tell them Sandi!!! I wish my OH would listen about visitors, I'll get no such luck as he doesn't see any issue with his Dad coming to visit whilst I'm still in the hospital :wacko::wacko: so no way am I going to get away with even a few days at home without his entire family coming round :growlmad:
Ah well wouldn't it be a shame if the baby wanted to be fed whilst they were here so I had to disappear off upstairs with the baby :haha: Tbh part of the reason I'm so determined to directly breastfeed this time is to avoid the 'can I give the baby a bottle' from his family as I don't want anyone else feeding them as I've been deprived of it with Findlay and woe betide anyone who tries to take feeding away from me!

I don't understand why people want to come and see babies as soon as they get home, after all it's not like people have never seen a baby before :shrug:

I got a card today from Findlay (didn't get one last year on my 1st Mother's day :cry:) due to constantly reminding Dave about it and when we went out yesterday I saw a gorgeous orchid so I told Dave that Findlay was getting it for me for Mother's day lol.

Ah well wouldn't it be a shame if the baby wanted to be fed whilst they were here so I had to disappear off upstairs with the baby :haha: Tbh part of the reason I'm so determined to directly breastfeed this time is to avoid the 'can I give the baby a bottle' from his family as I don't want anyone else feeding them as I've been deprived of it with Findlay and woe betide anyone who tries to take feeding away from me!

this almost one of the only reasons i am going to breastfeed to start with. How sad is it that it comes down to that :nope::dohh:

She even knows Alex is beginning walking. He told me he didnt tell her too :dohh: idiot. Its not the fact she knows but the fact he said he wasnt going to tell her. Thats just playing us off each other!

It's tempting if uninvited visitors turn up to tell them they can't come in as you've got no wrapping paper and sweets, when they look confused tell them that if baby is going to be treated like a game of pass the parcel she might as well be wrapped up like the parcel!!

Now theres a comeback, thank you Lottie, I wish I had that one when I was dragged through to Airdrie to play that game with ALex :rofl:

Can you tell I've spent aaaaaages getting cross in advance this time :haha:

That was one of the reasons I breastfed Amber...and as selfish as this sounds, but I wanted her to be all mine :blush: So by breastfeeding her it pretty much made sure she was dependent on me, and only I could see to the majority of her needs...it made me feel like she needed me...after Reagan it felt for so long like I had to share her with everyone, nurses, doctors, friends and family all wanting to see the 'small baby, because they had never seen one so small'.

Gawd, I sound like a right fruitloop!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->