Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

:cry: i mean it wasnt a massive pouring bleed, i only had to wipe her nose, like, 3 times and it seems to have stopped. Should I be phoning a doc or something. Shes bloody back playing with the table :dohh:

This has never happened before i was s***ting it now im googling nosebleeds ffs

If she is back playing and seems okay in herself then I would just keep an eye on her...and if it starts to bleed again tip her head forwards, not backwards like they used to advise.

It scarey isnt it hun :hugs:

u know those plastic see-saw things u get in the garden? tyler & jamie-leigh were playin with one of those, and jamie-leigh got off n the end went up n wacked tyler on his nose, it wouldnt stop, it was pouring with blood. i thought hed broke his nose :dohh:

tyler suffers with nose bleeds anyway, just for no reason, it gets to the point he as to have cream otherwise it has to be culterised? but he has to have his adenoids out in april & his tonsils, and have another nw set of grommits in :dohh:

it doesnt sound like alexs was too bad, but ust keep an eye on her.

Jesus all im doing is panicking, bumps up to something, feels really low :/ oh im so teary. Was gonna watch mondays OBEM but i think i will pass right now lol

Mondays OBEM was an emotional one :nope:

Are you still having pains?

Just odd kicks down there and slight tightenings, dont think its anything to write home about though.

oh no Sandi, im so paranoid about olivia bumping herself, how is Alex now?

Grace is officially coming home tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

oh no Sandi, im so paranoid about olivia bumping herself, how is Alex now?

Grace is officially coming home tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

OMG!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: I am so happy for you!!!!!! How are you feeling, you're gonna have two at home!!!!!!!!!! Well done Jo, honestley you are so strong to have gone throught it all twice and with a scary journey even before you hit neonatal again. :hugs:

Its like the day before christmas!!lol! Nervous, excited, scared, bit of everything! thank you Sandi, its been soo hard..never doing it again!xxx

So pleased for you girls getting to take your girls home, how exciting.

Sandi, I hope you are okay now. :hugs:

dani, with the digital's and my miscarriages they either never made it to 3+ or so slow at the HCG rising that it was weeks past it was meant to be, so a 3+ now is a fantastic sign :thumbup:

I am off to bed now, in an odd mood tonight think it is a mix of sharing Honey's story with the local newspaper, worried about Bubble's growth and this stupid period like pains. Night all :hugs::hugs:

Hi everyone,
Hope you don't mind I have been taking a look at the posts in this thread lately. The reaon being, I had my babies at 27 weeks and 5 days and spent 4 months in the NICU. I am thinking about whether i would want to have more babies in the future but am terrified that I could have another premmie that would lead to another long stay in the NICU. not sur I could mentally do it again.

I had the babies in October, so we won't be trying (if we do) for a while. But it's a constant thing that I think/obsess about. You stories have helped open the possibility in my mind that there is the chance to have a term baby. At my 6 week check up, I had asked my doctor the chance of having another premm and he said he would watch us just as closely as he did with the twins. which was great as we had rotating cervical scans and ultrasounds every 2 weeks.

Just wanted to let you all know I was out here following your stories and if you dont mind I will check back in sometimes for inspiration. I haven't introduced my premmies yet on the other thread, which I need to do, I think a large part of me still isn't ready to relive it.

Congratulations to everyone for making It another day, week or month being pregnant and thank you for sharing your inspirational stories

@twinsmom im glad this thad can be of inspiration for you. Having a preemie, to start with, can really change your mindset. i always wanted more than one child but when Alex was born at first I was like "no way, Alex needs me"
Feelings change, confidence changes and you see how others manage too. :)
(Alex was 27+4 btw, im 39 weeks now :D )

and look at olivias_mum. shes just done the whole neonatal thing twice over in a very short time!

hey sweets
we r ok. Alex slept fine and. dont have as many tightenings, i just hurt :rofl:
Neonatals just phoned and pissed me off, they wanna see alex on the 13th for her two year check up.
I asked them why so early? :dohh: they just said "we discussedit and thought we'll just see her now"

i"m like"im due another baby next week and you said 5-6 months we'd do this"

She said " we can do anotherin september if needs be?"

bloody stupid if u ask me, i said ok bash on then.... but now im sitting thinking its gonna upset me...

i dont expect alex pass anythng

I'd just refuse to take her. They wouldn't expect a newborn to pass a 6 month development check so why should they expect an 18 month old to pass the development check for a 2yr old?!

What a lot of nonsense Sandi. Emma is 21 months and I don't imagine she would pass much of a 2 year test. Why on earth would you want to do it early? I would just cancel closer to the time tbh- new baby, not convenient, etc. Don't put yourself into a situation that you know is going to upset you.

Hi everyone, just to let youa ll know, Grace came home at 11am this morning, Shes 5lb 1 now :) When i phoned this morning the nurse said she couldnt come home because the consultant wasnt happy with her weight gain, so i was like oh no your joking and she said yeah im joking come and get her :D lol

Olivia has been great, really curious but really gentle with her

Im glad all the babas are still cooking!! xx

We have thought of the positives to this. Perhaps we might get early intervention if needed? Ive always worried we arent being offered help we need, whether it be sppech, physio etc, maybe this could push it?

Alex seen this coming i tell you. Explains hsr crazyness this week.

Jo it must be magic having them together :cloud9:

Yay for Grace getting home this morning :happydance: It must be brilliant to be at home with them both :cloud9:

I just really can't figure out their reasoning Sandi as Alex will be doing absolutely tons more in 6 months than she is now (after all look at all the things she's started doing just in the past week!) just like every other child develops lots in this time as they can't expect her to be doing what a 2 year old does 6 months before she reaches that stage. Madness I tell you madness!

sandi if u really dont want her to go, dont take her, 6 months is a long time to a child, but like u said she could get the help she needs (if she needs any) now rather than in 6 months. hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->