Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

:hugs: ladies.

Im lucky, Chris wasthe one in this house tht decided we were having NO visitors until we were ready.

Does anyone know if they routinely check your cervix length at growth scans or if the consultant has to request it to be done?

Lottie, I'm not sure about in Scotland, but when I had my 4 weekly growth scans they didn't check my cervix length that I was aware of.

Thanks, I was just wondering as I was going to ask the consultant when I next see her if they can check my cervical length in light of my bloomin uterus playing up but wasn't sure if it was done anyway with a growth scan.

I am sure if you ask the consultant then whilst they are scanning you they should be able to do it?

I don't think they ever did it on me because there wasn't a need, Reagan was premature because of PET not because I laboured or had an IC, or unknown reason.

I hope they are going to give me the same care plan this time as I had last time...if not I am going to create havoc :haha:

I think at my hospital it's just a sonographer who does growth scans and then you go and see the consultant afterwards but I'll definately ask.

My cervix had totally effaced by 33 weeks last time but it didn't dilate at all (apparently my lower uterus was poorly formed so not sure if that's why no dilation??) but we have no idea at what point it started to efface and my midwife said to me at the time that you usually start to efface earlier in subsequent pregnancies so that plus my uterus being a bit on the overactive side and the feeling of pressure I get when I stand is making me want to get them to keep an eye!

At my 20 week scan i didnt even ask and the dude checked my cervix. But it was a tummy scan so not so accurate. All my other scans included an internal cervix scan , surely they could do it, doesnt take that long!

Thank you so much for the good luck girls.

I really dont have many word at all. But am so glad I have you girls :hugs:

Lottie I am just gonna reply on fb hun :hugs:

Thanks hun, much appreciated.

Sending you all the love and positive thoughts I can xxx :friends::friends:

That's me just booked another private scan for Friday at 17:50 to check if Bumpity has grown/how much she's grown since my last scan as if the NHS aren't going to book me in for any growth scans until after they've got the genetics results I could be waiting a while to get a scan even if they get those results early this week and I'm going to go nuts not knowing what's going on with her growth. Luckily the office Babybond use when they come to Aberdeen is right by Dave's work so he can come along too and 'meet' Bumpity which will be fab!

aw tasha, i wish i had the right words for you, however i will say one thing - all this fighting, all this instinct, its gonna pay off. i just feel it.

lottie the aberdeen lot are the same folk who do livingston too :) u'll prob get the same sonographer as i did then!

Oooo yay so it will be the same lady who did my anomaly scan then (Sonia) as I had that done at Livingston :thumbup: She was soooooo nice to me about everything.

yeah they jump on a train i hear, thats what the reception bird told us, she was resxheduling aberdeen ladies because of the awfl snow at xmas, thats how i knew.

I want s scan...so I at least know there is a baby in there!! :haha:

Are you going to book an early scan or will you manage to be good and hold out until your dating scan?

oh nooo sweep tomorrow nooooo :shock: :dohh:
i mean the midwife looks a bit like leeanne battersby....

:rofl: at Leanne Battersby giving you a sweep :haha:

I have an emergency GP appointment at 10.40, they asked me what it was for so I just said its personal, I didnt want a receptionist (not thing against them btw) that it wasnt an emergency.

its got bugger all to do with them anyway, but im glad you have an appointment hun. I seriously hope this will set the ball rolling xxxxx

I know, I always find it really odd that they would ask. Thank you. :hugs:

How are you and Gaga today?

Tasha they ask me too. I dont mind if its about Alex because it means they will do their best to help (alex is pretty famous down there :rofl:) but i hate that they even dare ask about me, its so rude. When I was pregnant with Alex I used to just say "look if you dont have an appointment i will phone the midwife/hospital" and they used to panic for some reason and get me an appointment :haha:

I really hope the doc can do more for you.Please don't let them make you wait around. Tell them everything, about the previous scans and dropping centiles.

We are fine. Alex's mothers day present came late (once David finished work :haha:)
We had been arguing about MIL yesterday.....so I think he was wanting to cheer me up. This included a yes when i asked him"oh can i paint your toes?"

he now has glittery nail varnish on his toes, but i never told you that........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->