Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

happy due date to you
happy due date to you
happy due date to Sandiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
happy due date to youuuuuuuuuuuu :happydance:

happy 25 weeks lottie :hugs:

Thank you, I will.

You need to change the 39 weeks under your user name. I dont think I have ever been this excited for someone to reach forty weeks. I wanna scream out my window Sandi is forty weeks but passers by, might think wtf :haha:

I did iiiiiit!

Oh and I caught a deluxe rainforest swing on gumtree only posted two hours ago, for £30, they retail for £100. So gonna get DH to go through and see and grab it wooooooooshhhhhwing! :rofl:

That is my idea of celebrating, shopping.

Oooft Davids gonna go out and get it after work, I might just go into labour in excitement lol. its the only thing i dont have. Theres two swings but he says we gotta get the biggie :rofl:
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41F5jwZVpDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have converted him :rofl:

We got a remote controlled rainforest mirror for the car, its wicked, the wee remote sits with us and we press the button to start and stop the music and lights, its wicked. Easily amused :blush: Kept sending Alex to sleep too :haha:

I call it all an investment :rofl:

HAPPY DUE DATE SANDI!

Apologies for my 'singing' text this morning I was just so excited for you lol. I even told my antenatal class about you reaching your due date today :haha:

I'm still in a bit of a 'funny' mood today but I'm feeling a bit better after the midwife today asked if there was anything not currently covered at antenatal we thought should be which launched me into a good 15 mins of the importance of monitoring fetal movements as I was never told about counting/monitoring kicks and movements with Findlay (first I heard about it was when the hospital in Dorset asked me if they had reduced/changed when I was admitted down there with problems and they were horrified I'd never been told to monitor them as that was the first sign that something wasn't right with Findlay) and again nothing has been mentioned by anyone up here this time.

The midwife agreed that it might be a good idea but said that antenatal classes might be too late to which I said wasn't true and that it is never too late as lots of babies are born sleeping late on due to people not being aware that reduced or changing movements can be a sign of a problem and that they need to get checked out and if people were more aware of keeping a track on babies movements less babies might die so she said she would take that on board and would also take on board the fact that I think midwifes should be telling people about this at routine appts.

Apparently as next week is our last session there will be evaluation forms so I will reiterate all of that on the form and will take in some Chloe's count the kicks leaflets too. The girls at antenatal looked a bit shocked when I'd finished and said they would keep an eye on their movements from now on and a couple said they'd mention it to their pregnant friends too so I feel a bit better knowing that there is a small chance that it might help someone get checked out earlier.

It infuriates me how up here you get leaflets about SIDS from the midwife and they discuss it at antenatal classes but yet they don't feel people need to know about monitoring fetal movements and stillbirth :nope:

thats crazy lottie :wacko:
there is one thing that bothers me though. most midwifes say start from 28 weeks and i see people disregarding the time before that. but i know with Alex what was 'normal' and we didnt get that far, but she certainly had a lil pattern. the day she was born she hadnt moved the whole day - it didnt sink in un til 7pm and by 10pm i was having contractions.
then theres the whole 'i can hear on the doppler' which tells you nothing about fetal distress tbh. Same with hiccups, ive heard of midwifes telling women this is counted as movement, but its actually an involuntary action and tells ou nothing of babies well being.

frightens the hell out of me how little people know, and how the wrong information gets spread.

Exactly! I was 27 weeks when Dorset quizzed me about changes in movement. They said as soon as it starts becoming regular whether that is 22 weeks or 28 weeks then keep an eye on them. It scares the hell out of me what could have happened if I'd been up here for the whole pregnancy as I wouldn't have known that the reduced movements were anything to be concerned about :nope:

I am determined to do my best to get the midwives up here to take note of the fact they should be telling people this.

i totally agree about the whole thing. no one told me about reduced movements either, with any of my boys.

sorry with Jaiden they mentioned something after i said he doesnt move as much anymore, tht was on the monday he was then born on th thursday.

Lottie, I am so proud of you for saying about the kicks, it is so so important. A mw should know that it is never too late to tell the women about the kicks, you can never hear it too many times IMO.

How are you all?

It is so sunny today 19oC even now, so I guess around 22 degrees all day, so I had a really nice day today, except for this stupid headache. Weather for the next five days is meant to be 20 degrees + too :happydance:

Nooooo i hate the heat, the hospital with Alex was so warm it was horrid :rofl:

:rofl: what is it like where you are Sandi?

I was the same with Honey, in for weeks once my waters went and hanging out the window cos it was sooooo hot, except for when the other pregnant women sat outside on the bench, cos their smoking meant I needed to close the window.

I dunno Tasha. It looks warm. I cant get out :rofl: i e had to open the wi dows so must be hot out,

Oh bless ya. I use to think when pregnant with Naomi-Mae that I needed to buy a mobility scooter and put Morgan in the basket so I could get out :haha: do you know anyone you could nick one from? :rofl:

Thanks Tasha, it's something I feel very very strongly about.

It's been really warm here today too when I ventured out to antenatal this morning and to check on my stud cat this evening.

I am getting soooooo stressed with the Apple store website, they have 1 Ipad2 32gb available (sadly only in white) that I'm trying to reserve for Findlay to pick up in store tomorrow but due to sheer volume of traffic on the site it's so slow so it will prob have gone by the time it finishes clicking through. Being hormonal is not helping and I keep shouting at the laptop :haha:

Also am I overreacting at getting annoyed/upset with people making comments to me telling me to eat lots to make Bumpity grow, it's making me feel like people think it's my fault she's so tiny when I have been eating a really good diet for the whole pregnancy and whilst yes it is my fault she's so small as obviously my stupid body is incapable of looking after babies properly it's nothing to do with how much I've been eating :cry:

lottie im having an apple fit myself, alex has ate the second genuine charger i have :wacko: my ipad SAYS it charging but im sure its lying :rofl:

Lottie I am gonna send you a little message :hugs:

Sandi maybe Alex can read and thought hmmm apple I have had that before, its tasty, gimme, gimme :haha:

ARRRRRGGGHHH!
Shes waking in the night again!!!!!
Shes been drifting in and out of sleep since 5am. Ive been in agony from hips down all night, shooting pains in my legs, shit, its horrid.

Im in the livingroom watching Alex half sleep, DH is in bed.
Would it not make more sense if he pissed off to sleep here and i sleep in the bed with Alex? No, clearly not! Yet another long day for me!

Oh my god im so tired and hormonal

How is it your fault Lottie thats not true. If you had cobtrol over this you'd be doing everything possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->