Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Awww, that is great news, are they letting them home today?

Been out all day, so the first thing I did was log on here to see any updates.

Congratulations to Sandi, her hubby and Alex on the arrival of their little Tori. Fab weight too, glad her breathing is all good :happydance::happydance:

Congrats Sandi, Hubby and Alex on the birth of Tori (lovely name btw) x

:happydance:What wonderful news, congrats to you all, sooooooo looking forward to seeing the pics

Bumpity (scanner today also said def a girl) is still very tiny and has also got herself head down and perfectly lined up with her head pressing right down on my cervix :-/ Explains why contractions start up if I stand up for more than 10mins! Needless to say I'll be carrying on with the modified bedrest (there's no way I can manage full bedrest with Findlay to look after) and keeping my legs up until I see the consultant next and I will be demanding the midwife gets everything like consultant appts, growth scans, genetics etc chased up when I see her first thing on Tuesday.

Fluid levels weren't great either (they were fine at my 22 week scan so going to get consultant to keep an eye on that) so that plus her being so tiny meant they couldn't do the 4D pics or the dvd today. They were originally going to have me back in 4-5 weeks time to rescan and try and do the 4D stuff but in light of how Bumpity is all lined up and pushing down on my cervix they decided that having me back in 2 weeks was a better plan.

Fingers crossed after my next scan I can introduce Bumpity to you all. Does anyone have any ideas on how to increase fluid levels at all? I'm already drinking loads and lying on my left side most of the day but any suggestions would be welcome.

Hey girlies :wave:
Well hospital signal has been crap and i only managed to put a photo on fb now.

Now hands up who nicked my ten pounder? :rofl:

I was stunned to see her so tiny?! None of the clothes we have fit apart from a prem vest that belonged to Alex :dohh: Totally never seen that coming.

I rxpected the labour to be easier but apparantly im very 'narrow' and she kept turning round and round, swallowed meconium and her heartrate dropped. So she hand to get a suction cap thing on her head to get her out. I literally had no strength left in me. It was so much harder than with Alex.

We went to neonatal and done blood gases, and it felt like it was only yesterday we were there. I was almost in tears and felt guilty for being there.

But shes been fab, im attempting to breastfeed and its going good.

How did i land up with a big preemie and a little overdue termie i do not know :rofl:

Thank yoi for all yoir lovely messages, im so blimmin emotional. :cry:

Alex hasnt met her yet, i imagine we will go home tomorrow. Alex has been at a fellow BnBers and living the life of Riley let me assure you :rofl:

Congrats SB! I remembered whats happened to your Alex and now your daughter is here with you and you should be proud to be a mum again to beautiful Tori! Xxx

I was stunned to see her so tiny?!

I thought it was a typo when you first text me, I was sure you meant 9lb 11oz :haha: It's mad how she was 13 weeks later than Alex but less than 4lbs heavier :wacko:

She looks so cute in the pic you put up :cloud9: I bet Alex is going to love her.

I hope you have a quiet night and can catch up on some sleep. Hopefully once you're home you'll be able to relax better in your own environment and get used to being a family of 4.

I've been saying it all day but I'll say it again, I'm soooooo proud of you hun :friends::friends:

Lottie - I am so sorry things are not going well for you and Bump. :hugs: Can they do anything to help with her growth? As for your waters, I think you need to just drink...and eat anything with fluid in it, oranges, soups...

I have been so hoping/praying everything would be ok for you guys, I hope there is still some time to turn things around.

:hugs:

Sandi - Congrats again! I dont know why but reading your update made me so nervous for Baby M's arrival...

I am happy to hear her breathing issues and such are sorted! :hugs:

I bet Alex will be fab with her. Tori is just beautiful by the way! 6lbs...I never saw that coming either, but then you are small...so its not really shocking!

Omg ur right thats odd lottie :wacko:

She keeps spitting up milk and crap. I keep askin if its normal cause all im gonna think is reeeeeeflux :dohh:

Maybe she's just getting the stuff out of her system that wasn't suppose to be there?

Crashing but congratulation Sandi cant wait to see your newest princess xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->