Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Barb, what are your iron levels like?

good question ! lol

I will check and let you know =)

anyways went to my docs app. today and BP was high... once and agaaaain

I had to go to the antenatal and stayed there for about 3 hours before BP got controlled again... Well, now i am taking 600 mg of labetalol !
three times a day plus iron tabs, plus calcium tabs, plus tylenol for pain and another one for uti ... ok i got it all !

tired and high on that much medication !

monday i will do ANOTHER 24 hr urine sample for protein because my protein level also incrised today...

but no pain or headache ( OR IDK too much medication to let me feel something)

another set of streroid shot tuesday, and another ultrasound friday

My baby will have a looot of ultrasound pics ! lol
she is now 2.pounds and 12 ounces ( aaaaaaalmost 3 lol ) and 30 weeks

baby girl stick for another month pleaaase !

@hotmom sending you hugs and lots of positive energy i hope she stays cooking, i also had pre e my last pregnancy i got it pretty early @ 19 weeks

@ sandi congrats sending your entier family well wishes

Congratulations again Sandi!

Lottie i had v v low fluid from 19 weeks and then waters broke at 24 weeks and so pretty much no fluid from that point and the docs were adamant things looked grim! They told me that there was nothing i could do to improve things but i too drank loads and loads of fluids - my DH actually read something about 2 liters so he filled a new bottle every morning and i HAD to drink it all - and more! I too struggled with bed rest as i had a 2 yr old at the time but tried to keep my feet elevated. My LO was ventilated for 6 hrs and did v well, she has small lungs but gets on fine. She too was head right down for a long time and i think (in my non medical opinion) that that helped as the fluid that collected was at her mouth so she must have been able to practice breathing. Keep as positive as you can, Erin was born at 33 + 4 and weighed 3lb 1oz so she too was smaller that she should have been.
p.s. Useless info but...i am not a real holy joe but prayed a LOT while everything was going on, i was given a special prayer thats meant to help and i'm happy to post it for you - or if your not keen i can say it for you - i got to the point where i thought anything i could do was worth a try!

Hey barb, i had ridiculously high blood pressure in both pregnancys, i was on 1200mg labetalol 4 times a day, 1000g methyldopa 3 times a day, nifedipine 4 times a day, doxazosin, spironolactone, oral hydralazine (all bp meds) aspirin, iron and a few more :S
What is your BP like? I was averaging about 190/130 by about 20 weeks, 240/140ish when i had her. Are they doing dopplers/growth scans? High BP can affect blood flow/function of the placenta (sorry if you already know all this!) and labetalol can cause IUGR.
The pic of Tori is gorgeous Sandi :D

xx

Heyyaa darlin! generally our bodies make babies that we can push out ;) I think shes a fab weight, ollie was 5lbs 15 oz! <3 welldone and a huge congrats on your likkle bundle <3 <3

Morning girls,

Sandi, congratulations again. I said the same thing to Matt, wow only 6lb 11 she was HUGE, lol.

Lottie, you know I am here holding your hand, willing our girls to grow big and strong. As pregnant women we should be drinking two litres of water a day, so when my waters broke with Honey I drank three litres a day, enough to hydrate us, replenish waters etc but not too much that you are flushing your body too much as that isnt good either. I said on the phone, but demand better care. I will be :hugs:

Barb, you sound a little like me. Although I am not on bp meds, yet (I have had pre-eclampsia in all my pregnancies). I take three iron tablets a day, calcium, progesterone, aspirin and was self injecting with clexane, hoping to go back on it. Hope they manage to get your bp under control :hugs:

Nic, how are you? Also lianne, Amy, dani? Everyone else?

I still have not heard from Fetal Medicine, I think I am going to get a little cross on Monday. I have a scan on Wednesday any way, but it is just in the normal ultrasound department, have an appointment after going to make sure I am listened to then.

Oh and why do I join in threads that I know are going to freak me out? I wrote on a thread about how big is your 23 weeker, I knew that it would scare me but still did it :wacko:

Unnnnnsubscribe Tasha lol.

Nooooo i just realised im not in the thread no more im not pregnant :shock:

Tori passed her hearing test. No more of those :shock: simple. As for Alex its every few months. How can a term baby be so simple as that? :wacko:
I swear to god those that leave a hospital with their healthy babies have no no no idea HOW lucky they are, even just the simple things like that???!?! Mad....

Hahaha, I should but I wont. Also those babies sound massive compared to Bubble :(

Awww, the thing is you will never take for granted how lucky you are with both your girls, and the simple things like passing a hearing test with Tori :hugs:

How was she over night? did you get any sleep?

She was actually good, just wakes to feed, but its so hard to bf when ur eyes are rolling into the back of ur head :/ she keeps sicking up, i pray its not reflux!!
Her cry is just like Alex its freaky lol.

Oh I so remember that, trying to keep awake whilst feeding. If she swallowed meconium then it could be that, plus being a bit sicky is normal hun.

You sound exhausted, make sure they check your iron at some point

Sandi, Tori is absolutely gorgeous...it is so completely different starting over with a termie...I felt like a first time mum all over again!!...Amber was sicky for the first few days...they said it was just her way of clearing everything out off her chest from the birth, not sure if that is the same in a 'natural' delivery as a section?!! I hope you are doing okay and get to go home today....I used to put Amber in bed with me and s nooze lightly whilst she was feeding as sleep deprivation really kicks in.

I am okay thanks Tasha :flower: feeling great!!! Off to the hairdresser's in a bit for a few hours.

Hope you're all okay?

@hotmom sending you hugs and lots of positive energy i hope she stays cooking, i also had pre e my last pregnancy i got it pretty early @ 19 weeks

@ sandi congrats sending your entier family well wishes

really , and how was it ??

19 weeks sounds pretty early, u went to bedrest too?

-------------------------------------

SANDI CONGRATS, CONGRATS AND CONGRATS !

I agree... Moms of full terms have NO IDEA how lucky they are =)

I had a friend who JUST had a full term, and she was complaining SOOO freacking much, about the labor pain, and the baby crying 24-7, and the hospital... And I actually got mad, I was like-
´´ You have no idea what is hard, try to see your baby in a incubator and tubes and Ivs for weeks, and 1000 tests everyweek plus pinching her little arms all day for shots, and after all a hernia surgery just before going home... try to wake up to PUMP alone in your room not because your little one is crying, go to her room everyday imaging when she is coming home... that is HARD ``

I know its a bit dramatic, but some people just dont realize how full terms babies are a blessing !

lol

Hey barb, i had ridiculously high blood pressure in both pregnancys, i was on 1200mg labetalol 4 times a day, 1000g methyldopa 3 times a day, nifedipine 4 times a day, doxazosin, spironolactone, oral hydralazine (all bp meds) aspirin, iron and a few more :S
What is your BP like? I was averaging about 190/130 by about 20 weeks, 240/140ish when i had her. Are they doing dopplers/growth scans? High BP can affect blood flow/function of the placenta (sorry if you already know all this!) and labetalol can cause IUGR.
The pic of Tori is gorgeous Sandi :D

xx

that´s funny but my BP has always been normal-low range !

Like 110-80 -120-86,90

When I got hospitalized was 162-95 ( not sure, lol I think meds are getting me a bad memory too lol)

then got in control after a week in the hospital, was sent home with labetalol 400 mg twice a day, plus uti meds, calcium tabs and tylenol for headache ...

complete BEDREST ( yea, with a 2 yrs old, but grandma is helping me on the weekends and she is staying with him sat and sundays-thanks God-)

monday is hubby´s day off and HIS turn lol so I can really try to do my bed rest and stuff...

tuesday had another app. when they found out about the anemia...
Now is calcium for pre E and iron tabs too ! lol

protein was a Littleeee higher than usual... but fine

friday, scam, baby is fine, growing little by little but healthy and perfect...
BP got grazy ( 170-110 ) and stayed there just to get it under control...
my meds are higher, like I said now it is 600 mg three times a day, plus everything else ! Protein in my pee was higher than tuesday, so I have to go back monday and do the 24 hr pee thing again...

your BP seemed PRETTY higher than mine =) how tall are you ? I am 5´3

did you delivered early?

Morning girls,

Barb, you sound a little like me. Although I am not on bp meds, yet (I have had pre-eclampsia in all my pregnancies). I take three iron tablets a day, calcium, progesterone, aspirin and was self injecting with clexane, hoping to go back on it. Hope they manage to get your bp under control :hugs:
QUOTE]

pre eclampsia SUCKS, I feel weird today, dizzy ( pretty sure it is because of anemia )
a little headache and Idk... Just weird, a fainting like sensation..
is it because of all meds ?
I know I wanted some space and a day OFF from my lil one, but I already miss him lol ( but I know that is good for me and him)
baby is moving and all, but momy isnt that ´´great``
I was going to make me some lunch... but I just fell this weirdness if I stay too long standing up idk is just WEIRD...

Is it NORMAL?

-------------

NO IDK ANYTHING ABOUT LABETALOL... I KNOW JUST ABOUT HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE... AND LOW WEIGHT AND LESS FLUID AND THAT KIND OF THING BUT WHAT LABETALOL DOES ? IS TAKING 600 MG 3X A DAY is it SAFE?

Hotmum - I am on complete bed rest with a two year old too...we can be miserable together! I found an awesome site for keeping our little ones busy if you need ideas (or anyone else with toddlers...ITS GREAT):

I can teach my child (along the title there are page links that say birth to 1 and such...click those for ideas!)

This page might also help you: Making the most of bed rest

:hugs:

HAHAHAAH

i LOVED the websites !

´´but then you realize that someone needs to make dinner, earn money to pay the bills, and potty-train your two year old. And it ain't gonna be you!``

that sounds a LOT familiar lol

- today he is with grandma and will be with her tomorrow too... They are probably cooking cookies, or watching the oldest dvds ever or playing in a playground or something because This is SO LIKE the grandma lol

monday is hubby´s turn, go out get a icecream or a movie and spend some time with him too...

He is VERY active, and he just CANT play alone, i have to be the iron man or transformer guy, or get one of the cars and play otherwise he destroys our house... ok, he is a good boy too, but he sure gets a lot of time outs lol

I miss work... I miss walking in a sunny day like today... But I can do it all after my baby girl arrives lol ( full term PLEASE)

and I am just afraid of this weird feeling today !

Am I taking to many meds? is it another Pre e sympton?

I am afraid of calling doc and going to the hospital AGAIN...

i have to admit i have been stalking sandi hehe :flower:

sandi Oliver swallowed poop lol and he spat up for about a week or so after, i was told it was the body clearing the gunk out. also he had a rattley chest from it also xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->