Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Hows the bed rest going Nic?I absolutely hated bed rest, especially when i had Olivia and was pregnant with Grace as i had MIL bitching at me constantly about how OH shouldnt be looking after Olivia, tidying up etc! How would you know if your cervix ripped? I mean apart from pain/bleeding, and Hows Lakai? Hope you are all holding up :)
@ Barb, yeah i delivered both my little girls at 28 weeks, im 5ft 2 but my bp is high and i spill protein even when im not pregnant (my heart and kidneys dont work properly.) The dizziness/fainting feeling sounds alot like low blood pressure :S, is it possible that the new dose of labetalol could have lowered it too much?

xx

I will post pics tomorrow when I get some of it in the daylight :happydance:

Hotmum, I too take aspirin and calcium...and was labetalol my last 3 pregnancies due to PET :hugs:

I tried taking some just now in the kitchin...you can't really see the colour much in the photos though?

Attachments

• IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0229.jpg
    IMAG0229.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 4
You look great dani.

Lianne love your avatar.

Thank u, he loves the bath.

Attachments

• 205425_10150533728455291_762565290_17879337_2390950_n.jpg
    205425_10150533728455291_762565290_17879337_2390950_n.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 2
Awww, bless him. In that one, he looks like he is thinking what are you doing? :haha:

How are you all?

W are all ok thank u.

not sure whats going on with Jaiden last couple of days, hardly sleepin in the day, not takin as much milk really grizzly, he has had a cold now for 3 weeks. he just cant seem to shift it :(

Tyler is growng up too quick, hes having his tonsils & adenoids out on the 19th april and grommits in for the 2nd time :dohh:

Jamie-Leigh is doing ok too. still trying to get her toilet trained. she is under lost of different drs but they just fob me off all the time. i just dunno what to do anymore. she is meant to be startin school in september but i cant see it happening. it has been said she has sum learning difficulties like her biological mum but what we do not know. its very fustrating. she has been in pants full time since January this year. she still poo's and wee's herself. i have had the hv loadsa times but she just says percivere with it. :dohh: :nope:

how are u all ?? :hugs: :hugs:

Poor Jaiden, I think when they are as little as he is the heat really affects them, doesnt it?

Are you nervous about Tyler? I had my tonsils out when I was a little older than him, it was fine. Is there any reason for them to come out? Lots of tonsillitis?

It is easy for the HV to say that about Jamie-Leigh isnt it? But it will be hard on you, are there other HV's avaliable? Some are rubbish, but some are fantastic support hun. Has she not been assessed for if/what her learning difficulties are?

Morgan, Naomi-Mae and Kaysie are good, they are just doing some drawing as Morgan asked for a 'lazy' day today :haha:

haha lazy days are the best!!!

it is hard especially because she can do it! shes used the toilet/potty loadsa time where as other times like earlier the potty was right next to her and she just did it in her pants :dohh:
i have seen 3 diff health visitors with her, she has speech therapists etc as well. buy bcuz i do what they ask at home ie the games etc they seen no reason to keep coming out and if i have any probs to ring them up.
she sees a peadiatrition (sp?) lol but they just keep sayin we will see her in 6 month, this has been the same for almost 3years now.

tyler does get tonsilitus but not enuff times to have them out, however his tonsis are too large and cause sleep apnea. hopefully his snotty nose will disappear & he will b able to hear me :haha:

i hope ur resting :hugs:

@hotmom sending you hugs and lots of positive energy i hope she stays cooking, i also had pre e my last pregnancy i got it pretty early @ 19 weeks

@ sandi congrats sending your entier family well wishes

really , and how was it ??

19 weeks sounds pretty early, u went to bedrest too?

-------------------------------------

SANDI CONGRATS, CONGRATS AND CONGRATS !

I agree... Moms of full terms have NO IDEA how lucky they are =)

I had a friend who JUST had a full term, and she was complaining SOOO freacking much, about the labor pain, and the baby crying 24-7, and the hospital... And I actually got mad, I was like-
´´ You have no idea what is hard, try to see your baby in a incubator and tubes and Ivs for weeks, and 1000 tests everyweek plus pinching her little arms all day for shots, and after all a hernia surgery just before going home... try to wake up to PUMP alone in your room not because your little one is crying, go to her room everyday imaging when she is coming home... that is HARD ``

I know its a bit dramatic, but some people just dont realize how full terms babies are a blessing !

lol

yeh 19 weeks is super early and i was in the hospital because of my pre e and incompetent cervix i had my son @ 25 weeks 3days

Hey girlies!

Whats all happening with you all just now? Hope u r all ok?

Xxx

Hey Sandi :wave:...how are things? Is Alex good with her little sis? Feeding going okay?

I have my first consultant appointment next tuesday at 8+2, which is 4 weeks earlier than I was seen with Amber, not sure why they are seeing me that early?...on the good side of things it is the same consultant I had :happydance:...I am expecting a moan about getting pregnant so soon blah blah blah....I also have my midwife booking in appointment that same afternoon.

How is everyone?

Morning girls,

How are you all?

dani not long at all to wait then

Lianne, sorry the support you get is rubbish, keep fighting you will get there eventually. :hugs:

I am 24 weeks today. I see Bubble tomorrow, scan isnt until 3pm though.

Morning all!

Well this mornings midwife appt was actually fairly productive and I didn't need to push for her to do anything at all.

She's going to phone the lab to chase up the amnio results to see if they are back yet and if not try and get an idea how long we'll be waiting and she's also going to make an appt for me to see my consultant asap in light of the growth/fluid issues :thumbup:

I wasn't expecting to see the midwife again for around 6 weeks (today is only the 3rd time I've seen her!) but she's decided to see me again in 2 weeks so looks like she'll be keeping a closer eye on me now too.

When I told her about my asbo uterus she said if I have any concerns (ie contractions becoming more regular, lots more of them, worried they are doing something to my cervix) then don't mess around phoning her or the local maternity unit but just phone the labour ward of the maternity hospital in Aberdeen, tell them I have a history of a preemie and go straight in to get them to check my cervix is still closed etc.

She is going to phone me this afternoon with details of when my consultant appt will be and if she's found out the amnio results from the lab she'll let me know what they are.

Happy 24 Weeks Tasha!!!

I've got absolutely everything crossed for tomorrow's scan for you and Bubble. Are you seeing the consultant straight after the scan to discuss Bubble's growth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->