Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Happy 24 weeks Tasha!!!

Hope you get your results today Lottie.

Nic, how are you?

Sandi, hope the MIL fooked off yesterday in the end!!

Lianne :wave:

Thank you so much girls.

I already said to you Lottie, but I am so so pleased that they seem to be caring for you more now. :hugs:

I am booked into see the consultant after the scan (scan is at 3pm, consultant appointment is at 3.30pm) but I was last time too, so whether I see him is a totally different thing. LOL. Seriously, I am not going to go any where until I do.

I still have not heard from the fetal medicine man, so rang the mw I spoke to on dau yesterday, she was not pleased and will be harassing him until he calls today :thumbup:

Was writing when you replied dani, thank you :flower: How are you?

Was writing when you replied dani, thank you :flower: How are you?

:flower: I am great thanks Tasha...started having a look at double buggies to get some idea...I seem to be drawn to a lime green phil and teds one :haha:

Happy 24 weeks Tasha!

And good luck today!

:flower:

Dani - Love the new haircut!

I am ok..I feel like a Debbie Downer whenever I post here lately..so I am trying not too! So if anyone talks to me and I don't reply, I swear it's not personal. I'm just trying to avoid the thread..which is hard given it's my book marked page for BNB. lol. :haha:

That is so exciting. You will have an expert on the P&T to ask after she has been out a few times.

Before double buggies were the bane of my life. The one I would seriously not recommend is the first wheels, I had it and it was such a pain in my arse. :haha:

I keep looking at prams, have done since about 12 weeks, still undecided but I am not going to buy until I know she is coming home.

Was replying when you did Nic.

We are here for the good times and the bad hun, it is a support thread, so allow us to support you :hugs:

Niiiiiiiic!! I've been missing my bump buddy :friends: I've not exactly been little miss cheerful over the past 5 weeks either but we're all here to support you through the good and the bad. How is everything going?

hey everyone.

happy 24weeks tasha xxx

all ok here, easter holidays here so trying to keep the kids entertained lol xx

Well that's the midwife just phoned to say that the day ward were closed when she phoned them to ask about my results. Bit confused as to why she thinks the day ward would have my results when it is the genetics dept direct who said they will phone me when the reuslts came through from the lab :wacko:

She has also sorted me out with the first available appt to see my consultant about Miss Bumpity's growth/fluid levels...29th April (28+2). If my gut feeling is right I'm not even going to make it to that appt which is why I almost laughed on the phone when she gave me the date! Place your bets now! I know it's not funny in the slightest but if I don't laugh I'll cry and I think I've run out of tears for the day!

I'm really glad now that I'm back to have the rest of my private bonding scan done at 27+3 as at least then Babybond will remeasure her for me so I can keep a track of her growth.

I've had no luck so far rearranging Findlay's orthotics appt but I'll keep trying over the next week or so to see if any cancellations come up as it's currently on his birthday (28+0) and I'm getting really twitchy tbh about 27wks+ so if they can fit him in to have the casting done sooner rather than later then it's one more appt out of the way as I'd feel awful if his appt had to be cancelled due to me going into labour as orthotics appts have a huge waiitng list.

@ Barb, yeah i delivered both my little girls at 28 weeks, im 5ft 2 but my bp is high and i spill protein even when im not pregnant (my heart and kidneys dont work properly.) The dizziness/fainting feeling sounds alot like low blood pressure :S, is it possible that the new dose of labetalol could have lowered it too much?

xx

man I am TIRED, I did feel too weird and decided to go to the hospital, yesterday morning, guess what.. BP was high again they incrised me for 800 mg 3x a day - plus everything else lol ( because I am taking a LIST of meds right now)

Took the second ´´ round`` of steroid shots, and I am here because after the 24 hr protein check, I was supposed to be something and ended up being over 2.000, WTF ?

and here I am again, hospitalized, with this crazy BP, plus endema, plus protein in urine (big time) and Pre E REALLY got me again...
I will PROBABLY be here until the baby is born, i already cried so much because I know how is hard to have a premie, but GOD knows it better...

IDK I do have some pre-term labor signs too, like fake contractions, back paind and that kinda stuff, they told me that is most likely because of my protein, it will put me in labor for the next couple weeks...

So we will see what happens, this baby girl REALLY wants to meet me early...

did u get frustated for having a second premie?
do you plan in having more babies ?

I will post pics tomorrow when I get some of it in the daylight :happydance:

Hotmum, I too take aspirin and calcium...and was labetalol my last 3 pregnancies due to PET :hugs:

maaaaaaaaan this sucks...

and sucks BAD time =(

Hey girlies!

Whats all happening with you all just now? Hope u r all ok?

Xxx

sandi congrats hunn =)

I am here... at the hospital, once and AGAIN...

And yes, Pre E Got me BIG TIME now... No more bed rest for me I will at the hospital until this baby girl shows up...

I am so emotional lately, I knew I was going to happen anytime soon...

I just hope she comes healthy =(

- Im done crying, time to fight for my little girl-

PS. I am PROB, going to experience pre term labor too, since my proteins are just CRAZY, I am having some fake contractions and they are watching me closely, but told me that I have a big chance of a pre term labor ( besides crazy Pre e)... how is it?

my back hurts, my head hurts, i feel dizzy, nausea, and this contractions (I think is the fake ones, since is only 1-2, maybe three everyhour)... Plus endema, pre- E
big chance of experiencing pre term labor, because of high protein in my urine...

I want to cry really bad, but because I´ve done it so much already, is not helping me at all...

I am just afraid of having a premie, afraid of what is going to happen, afraid if she will be ok...

I am so sorry girls, I had to spill it, out there =((

Lottie massive :hugs::hugs: I have no idea why she rang dau, cos it would always go to the doctors not mw's :wacko: I really, really hope your instincts about Bumpity coming are wrong, but I know that Mummy's tend to just know, like I said though some of our instincts could be down to trying to prepare ourselves, iykwim?

Hotmum (that always feels wrong writing that :haha:) huge :hugs: I hope they manage to get it more under control, and baby can stay in for as long as is safe for you both.

I have my doppler scan today, terrified.

Tasha - :hugs: Thank you. I know it's a support thread/forum, and the support here is AWESOME. It sounds so dumb, but I feel like I am jinxing myself being here. Like I can pretend the preemie factor away. So silly I know.

I guess anything to keep myself sane!?

Good luck today with your scan, I will be thinking about you all day till you update with some good news!

Lottie - :hugs: I feel like a terrible bump buddy, I have no words! I wish I had some clever helpful thing to say. I wish you would get your results, the stress of not knowing certainly cannot be helping anything! :hugs:

Hotmum - :hugs: What does your doctor say about your PTL signs?

I have contracted almost daily since getting my stitch. I am up right now at 3am thinking something is up...I am having terrible ripping cramps in my cervix again. Im just waiting for the bleeding to start up again. I have a cervix length and baby checking ultrasound today at 3pm, so I am hoping it might show why its hurting down there so much. I am thinking my cervix is changing...=(

Lottie massive :hugs::hugs: I have no idea why she rang dau, cos it would always go to the doctors not mw's :wacko: I really, really hope your instincts about Bumpity coming are wrong, but I know that Mummy's tend to just know, like I said though some of our instincts could be down to trying to prepare ourselves, iykwim?

Hotmum (that always feels wrong writing that :haha:) huge :hugs: I hope they manage to get it more under control, and baby can stay in for as long as is safe for you both.

I have my doppler scan today, terrified.

how was your scam hunn ?

yeah i know lol you can call me barb too lol !

I hope she can stick longer too ! =)

Tasha - :hugs: Thank you. I know it's a support thread/forum, and the support here is AWESOME. It sounds so dumb, but I feel like I am jinxing myself being here. Like I can pretend the preemie factor away. So silly I know.

I guess anything to keep myself sane!?

Good luck today with your scan, I will be thinking about you all day till you update with some good news!

Lottie - :hugs: I feel like a terrible bump buddy, I have no words! I wish I had some clever helpful thing to say. I wish you would get your results, the stress of not knowing certainly cannot be helping anything! :hugs:

Hotmum - :hugs: What does your doctor say about your PTL signs?

I have contracted almost daily since getting my stitch. I am up right now at 3am thinking something is up...I am having terrible ripping cramps in my cervix again. Im just waiting for the bleeding to start up again. I have a cervix length and baby checking ultrasound today at 3pm, so I am hoping it might show why its hurting down there so much. I am thinking my cervix is changing...=(

Oh My, hopefully the baby is fine, I will be praying for you !:thumbup:
keep us updated =), for how long you are contracting ?

Well, Because I had this CRAZY 2.000 protein in my pee, it is probably a sign of kidney failure, my doc told me because of THAT I may experience Pre term labor, I am cramping, contracting every 20 min or so and with a AWFUL back pain ! my blood work doesnt look good either, and they are really choosing carefully what they are going to do with me...

For now I still here with a IV, lots of meds and a baby monitor...
I also have low fluids in my placenta, but It can be because of High Blood pressure too... So we dont know yet !

Hotmum...the doctors will do everything they can so it doesn't end in you having complete kidney failure...they will try not to let it get that far...you really need to trust in them that they have your best interests at heart...aswell as your babies...

If they feel that you and the baby are in serious danger, they will not even hesitate to deliver...they delivered Reagan 14 hours after my diagnos of pre-eclamptic toxemia....they have to advise you things by saying 'this may happen, this could happen, and so could that'...it doesn't mean it always will, they are just giving you the situation from every angle to cover themselves.

Tasha, hope your scan has gone okay, please update us as soon as you can.

Nic, we are all here for the good...and the not so good...chat away :hugs:

Sandi and Lianne, hope you're okay?

Lottie, did you get any joy today with your results?

:hi: not too bad here. Jaiden sounds like hes got a frog in his throat :( of to the drs at 3.15. hes had a cold for about 4 weeks now he just cant seem to be able to shift it, xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->