Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Aye im fine here just desperatley catching up :rofl:

Alex is super choked with the cold. DH looking after her while i deal with Tori. Arrgghh. Poor chick :cry:

Toris an angel though. I even bf for the first time in public yesterday. In a shopping mall. I was slightly nervous. H&M have wicked nursing /maternity tops, i had 2 from alexs pregnancy and bought more while i was out. I went into the ladies, changed her, latched her on and walked back to Starbucks, where Alex and DH was. We sat chatting for ages til he said "hold on - are you feeding her? I didn't even notice!!!" so loving the tops although i will be living in them i think!

I was freaking out. You could hear everyone say 'aw look at the size of her'and i was stopped a lot by people wanting to look at her. Thing is, she doesnt seem that little, even though she is smaller than when alex hit 'term'. Katy1310 reminded me that i didnt have the hassle of correcting age-thats ODD!!!

Shes put ON weight, just a lil, but i didnt think she'd been feedin enough. Obviously she is fine. She has tounge tie so it must not bother her?

Nic, tasha, im praying your scans go well.
Oliviasmum (jo) i hope grace is ok?
I will get on the ipad soon and catch up l8r Xxxx

Yay for nursing in public....go you!!! :happydance:

Hope Jaiden and Alex's cold ease up soon.

Sandi...Amber had partial tongue tie...her latch was fine and she fed like a pro...they say if it causes issues with breastfeeding they can clip it...and they tend to clip it more quicker with BF babies so it doesn't hinder feeding, I think they queue jump them over FF babies.

Sandi: When I saw pics of Tori I've been thinking 'look at the size of her' but I think she looks huuuuuge :haha: How long is she? That's fab you've been bf in public :thumbup: Have you tried out the Moby wrap yet?

ARGH if one more person says to me 'well you're not big so that's why the baby is small' I swear I will smack them :grr: there's a world of difference between a baby who is on and continuing on a perfectly healthy centile line and just not going to be a huge baby and a baby who's totally fallen off the centile lines and has declining fluid levels.

EEK gp surgery just phoned and receptionist said they have just received my amnio results and they want me to go in and discuss them with them, so much for the hospital phoning me with the results!! First appt gps have got is Monday afternoon!!! :shock: I explained to the receptionist how long we've been waiting for these results and how important they are so she said all I can try is phoning tomorrow morning and Friday morning and seeing if I can get an emergency appt but all their standard appts are fully booked until next week now.

I've now got Dave moaning at me to phone the hospital now to demand the results, I've pointed out that the day ward is closed now and genetics will have gone home too and he's saying just phone the labour ward :wacko: I pointed out they don't deal with test results but he thinks the doctors there will be able to find them out and that I need to phone them and demand the results. I'm just so stressed and Dave going on at me to phone the labour ward to demand the results really isn't helping and neither is the fact that Findlay has been screaming non stop for the past half an hour and I have absolutely no idea why :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sorry for the rant I know there are far far worse things going on at the moment but just needed to vent.

I've now got Dave moaning at me to phone the hospital now to demand the results, I've pointed out that the day ward is closed now and genetics will have gone home too and he's saying just phone the labour ward :wacko: I pointed out they don't deal with test results but he thinks the doctors there will be able to find them out and that I need to phone them and demand the results. I'm just so stressed and Dave going on at me to phone the labour ward to demand the results really isn't helping and neither is the fact that Findlay has been screaming non stop for the past half an hour and I have absolutely no idea why :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sorry for the rant I know there are far far worse things going on at the moment but just needed to vent.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

could Findlay sense ur stressed?

i have no advice really hun but sending u big hugs and to let u know im thinking of u xx

Lottie massive :hugs::hugs: I know the similarities between bubble and bumpity must be freaking you out as well as the amino results. I am here okay?

Thank you Sandi for changing the title for my girl. I will never be able to thank you girls enough for the support. Just gutted.

Hi again, ladies.
Have been here before, but decided to quit reading these discussion boards for my own peace of mind.. Well, didn't work. Turns out that some support actually does help more than it hurts.

So long story short.. I had a gorgeous wee daughter September 2009, she was born 7 weeks early (33+5) and spent 5 looooong weeks in hospital.
I got pregnant again in December 2010, but in my booking scan at 12wks it turned out that the baby had passed away at 7wks :cry:
So, we tried again.. And got pregnant immediately after, in January 2011. I am now 19+4 weeks pregnant with 'Peanut'. I have my 20wk scan next week, absolutely horrified but extremely curious to see how (s)he is doing - and whether Peanut is a boy or a girl.

The reason I came here to write this post is that I keep thinking about my daughter's sudden birth and the whole prematurity... It was terrible. And I'm so damn scared, horrified even, that it will happen again. How am I going to get through it, if it does? :cry: I'm just so scared it's all I can think about every time I think about this baby. It's all I know, prematurity.. Just keep crying about it. Can they help me avoid it this time? Will they? What if it happens regardless, what will I do?

... Who would have thought it would be so hard to be pregnant again, after going through it all..?

:hugs: elveneye and welcome to the thread. If you like, i'll add you to our list on the front page, just let me know Peanuts EDD.

Also on the first page is a bit of info on the OPPTIMUM trial in the UK, in fact ur in Scotland too so its highly likely your local hospital participates in this.(its based in Edinburgh you see ;) ) I can help you contact someone if you wish, best thing i did in my recent pregnancy- i got to 40+2 after my 27 weeker! :)

Hotmum...the doctors will do everything they can so it doesn't end in you having complete kidney failure...they will try not to let it get that far...you really need to trust in them that they have your best interests at heart...aswell as your babies...

If they feel that you and the baby are in serious danger, they will not even hesitate to deliver...they delivered Reagan 14 hours after my diagnos of pre-eclamptic toxemia....they have to advise you things by saying 'this may happen, this could happen, and so could that'...it doesn't mean it always will, they are just giving you the situation from every angle to cover themselves.

Tasha, hope your scan has gone okay, please update us as soon as you can.

Nic, we are all here for the good...and the not so good...chat away :hugs:

Sandi and Lianne, hope you're okay?

Lottie, did you get any joy today with your results?

yea. I hate the this and that may happen...

well contracting the same but no dilatation ( Thanks God !) they still waiting and waiting to make sure they are doing the best thing for us !

baby drooped but she is breach, so not to much to worry about PTL now...

BP is under control ( and I am super dizzy with that much of medication lol )
visual changes... Idk same. my eyes are very redish, but I think is because I am really tired and worried...
endema getting better with stockings and headache is very light right now ( not completely gone, but very light ! )

things are getting better =) but I am getting use to this roller coaster, today this, tomorrow that, we will take day by day...

Tasha,

There are nowhere near enough words to describe how sorry i am.
Im so proud of you, so proud to know you, your strength is amazing.

Xxxxx

Tasha:hugs: Sandi says it so well hun, I'm so very sorry:hugs:

Lottie, good luck with the results.

Sandi, well done for NIP, sounds like you're a natural!

Hotmum:hugs:

Eilidh is doing well, not sleeping, and eating alot so normal behaviour I guess! She has a paed check on friday so will see what she weighs.

Nic, how you doing hun?:flower:

You and me, any new symptoms?

Tasha :hugs: :kiss:

Mummy3...a tiny bit of feeling sick...that is it :shrug: Hope you're okay?

Tasha, I am so very sorry that you have had such awful news. I am thinking about you and sending you lots of love xxxx

Have been following all you brave ladies stories with hope, so very sad to hear of your awful news Tasha. Thinking of you and your angel.:hugs:

Just to let you all know I've had a letter arrive today from the geneticist saying that the results show that Miss Bumpity has the same chromosome abnormality as Findlay :cry::cry: Gutted isn't even the word for it :cry::cry::cry: Guess at least we've got our answer now about her growth problems.

Oh Lottie :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

What happens now? Do they do more tests?

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:hugs: thinking of you and your family lottie sending you lots of :hugs: love and positive energy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->