Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

I'm not too bad thanks, just really tired as not sleeping well at the moment, have managed about 5 hours since I got the results on Thursday and I don't think I've had a full nights sleep since the amnio.

My neighbours don't seem to really be speaking to me much, a couple of them replied to Dave's FB status on Thursday asking Dave to tell me they were thinking of me etc (but they didn't say a word on mine) but most have gone from asking all the time if we've got the amnio results to totally ignoring it now we have and it's not good news and when I saw a couple of them today they've gone from our usual general easy chatting to conversation seeming really awkward and stilted. Our neighbours that are due just over 2 weeks before me have gone from asking how me/baby are doing every time we see each other to not even mentioning Bumpity now!

Dave and I are off for a meal out later as it was our 6 year anniversary yesterday (can't believe it's been 6 years already since we met :wacko:) so looking forward to that and hopefully Findlay will be a good boy like he was last time we went out for a meal. We're going to try and time it so we're back home before his bedtime so he doesn't get grumpy (Findlay that is, not Dave :haha:).

Sandi: Smack the MIL!!! She soooooo deserves it!

Lottie- It is good that you are feeling better =)

If you need anything I know, I am new and all but a extra friend is always good...

-**----------------------------

I just don't know what is wrong with my body, today is good, tomorrow is not...
I was sent home from the hospital yesterday ( YEAAA lol) but with the complete bed rest, and now my 2 year old can't stay AT ALL with me, so the social worker provided him day care 3 times a week...
It is sad, plus he got pnemonia while I was at the hospital ! he is better now, but still sick, he is with grandma and can only be home IF I am not by myself.
My Blood pressure is just a crazy roller coaster =( !
I am taking meds every 6 hours now ! And strong ones, labetalol 800 mg, aspirins, and everything else for anemia and my protein... Somehow the protein in my pee still bad but still ''ok'' I believe. I am in risk, but they really want to keep this baby baking ( wich I agree, of course). I am kind of scared since today I woke up, and felt a LOT of heartburn ( but more like a "pain" sensation than burning) and nausea, took my meds at 6 am and took my Blood pressure ( and was crazy again =((( ) 171-110...
So I took my labetalol and I am waiting to get better, it is already better ( 150-96 ) but not where I should be...
Why I can't stay stable? I really do my best to stay still at home, but whenever I go just to the doctors office to check the BP or they send a nurse to me, my BP is crazy again and I get hospitalized for another week...
I just don't know what to do at this point... =(
my nausea is better, I still have a little of heartburn but my BP is just stupid and not going down... I will try everything before calling the doctor today...
What I am doing wrong?

Hugs :hugs: for you all, you are having some time of it. :hugs: :hugs:

Lottie that bloody MIL i swear.
David said
"Shes asking for any nice pics.... I'll just say i dont have nice pics :rofl:"
She's a boot, im going no-where near the woman which means neither is Tori without my mammaries ;)

Tori's 8 days old. :wacko: when did that happen. Every day she is different- a sleepy baby one day and a girl on a total feeding frenzy today.

Alex is turning a corner when it comes to Tori, last night she stroked her head and this morning she made a lil giggle and poked her face :/ :rofl:

i know im not postin much, but i really dont know what to say. apart from im sorry and im thinkin of tasha & lottie xx

:hugs::hugs: to you all.

Lottie, people are always odd with bad news, give them time. And remember I am here.

Nic, third tri is great :thumbup:

Sandi smack her or I always can.

Me - I am numb mostly, every so often it hits and the tears come but mostly it feels surreal. For those of you not on my fb, Riley Rae was born yesterday, which was 24+3, at 7.15am weighing 340grams. I think that si quite small for gestation? Mw seem to think so too.

I hope you are all okay?

Tasha: How long was Riley Rae? (hope that's ok to ask) I love the dress you've chosen for her, it's gorgeous and I bet she'll look absolutely beautiful in it. How are your OH and the children doing? Always thinking of you and you know where I am if you want to chat at all.

Sandi: Glad Alex is getting better with Tori. I guess it must be quite scary in a way for toddlers to suddenly have a small noisy person invade their home.
BF sounds so so brilliant for the benefits of avoiding annoying relatives :haha:

Tasha- You picked a lovely name for her :hugs: will you be able to find out why this happened? Take your time to get through this and give yourself time to grieve sending you love and :hugs::hugs:x

Barb thank you.

Lottie, they didnt measure her but I have just looked at a photo where I put my hand next to her so in time when the memories fade I wont foget her size, she was from the tip of my fingers to just below my wrist, so probably 20cm's. Matt is trying to cope, he is talking because he knows that he didnt with Honey and that made him end up in a horrible place, he carries this pain in his eyes which is sole destroying. My children, there have been lots of tears and even more questions, some I can answer, some I cant. The same goes for you okay, just know I am here to talk to, as well.

Mumof4 thank you. Riley Rae is having a post mortem, so hopefully we will find out. I think it was a placental issue, mostly they say the placenta is about the size of baby, but hers was about a third of her size if that. Sorry for the tmi here, it was odd looking, grey and black, flat, just not right. So I think that will be our cause but just need to wait and see, I will get the results on the 21st June at my 8 week appointment.

I have issues with pick n mix...tried to eat it again tonight...was good whilst it lasted...for all of 5 minutes :dohh:...this baby just doesn't like it!!!

Tasha, beautiful name for a beautiful princess:cloud9:

Lottie,:hugs:

You and me, man you tease with the pick n mix:haha: I reckon boy too!

Sandi, yep bfing is absolutely the best MIL deterrent:winkwink: Sounds like Alex is doing a whole lot better with Tori than Anja is doing with Eilidh:dohh: Anja is super jealous lol

Hotmum hope your BP stabilises so you can stay home:hugs:

Nic, how you doing today hun?

How's everyone doing? Hope all bumps are behaving themselves.

Any more luck on the pick and mix You&Me? I discovered last week why it is not a clever idea to eat an extremely chocolately double choc muffin at 10pm one night last week as I had a bit of a disco going on in my tummy a while later when Little Miss Bumpity got the sugar rush :haha:

Lottie i had late night munchies every night :rofl:

When i was having contractions david drove alex up the roads to my mates, i stood in the hallway between contractions wondering if there was chocolate mousse in the fridge

Hey everyone :wave:

How are you all?

No luck with pick n mix...my baby simply hates it :wacko: and after the last few times I attempted to eat it, the thought of even putting it in my mouth now just makes me shudder!!....but babybels are a whole different matter...I am doing nearly a pack a day :haha:

Had consultant this morning...same old stuff...bp is good (for now anyway, no doubt it will change!!)...I am discussing with them next time I see them about the options of not having a section...after my aftercare I am pretty terrified of doing that again :nope: but if that is what it has to be then so be it....my scar is going to be closely monitored and checked at every appointment for tenderness etc.

Tasha :hugs: How are you?
:hugs: Lottie, how are you doing now?
Lianne Hope Jaiden's cold has gone now?
Mummy3 and Olivia's mummy are you all settled now at home?
Nic :wave: How are you feeling?
Sandi...how are the girl's? Has Alex taken to Tori okay now?

Oh Sandi what an image I have in my head of you now withcontractions and chocolate mousse :haha: (although not as amusing as the image I had of you earlier after you FB status that nearly made me wet myself giggling)

You&Me: I'm doing 'ok' I seem to alternate between being numb and crying but I guess that's to be expected. Off to speak to the really nice GP who usually deals with Findlay on Friday about the results and then I have got a consultant appt next Friday so can discuss with her the results and what happens from here. At Findlay's gp appt yesterday (as his dodgy lungs still haven't cleared this chest infection so he's on a second course of antib's) the gp we saw asked how everything was going with the pregnancy so I told her about the results and she said 'ah yes I remember seeing them. Well you're certainly going to have your hands very full with 2 of them like that' Not quite sure how she felt that was an appropriate or helpful thing to say :wacko:

That's good your consultant is keeping a close eye on you and from so early on too, that must be quite reassuring :thumbup:

Omg I can't believe i'm writing this...but I've just got a positive result!!! I'm happy, really happy but scared SH**less. My daughter was born prem and with a congential problem, what happens now...do I just register the pregnancy as normal?

maisiemoo! Congratulations on your :bfp: I remember that scared shitless feeling :rofl: all i kept saying out loud was shit :rofl: in a good way though.

Yes hun, just do what is normally done in your area (so see the doc or ring up the midwives) Once you start the ball rolling, the midwife or doc will refer you to the relevant care providers,( i imagine consultant care) and discuss the best plans to monitor this pregnancy :)

You'll have a similar age gap to me too :)

oh PS. Let me know your EDD and i'll add you to our list :)

Eek, have my 20-week scan tomorrow! Nervousnervousnervous!

(I reeeeeally hope we'll find out the sex too!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->