Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Elveneye good luck hun!(whee in scotland r u frm hun?)

how ae we all doing

@Lottie and anyone else, i was sat in the living room, i had just slapped the pink dye on my head. Oh god i had to, it had gone a salmony colour but thats what you get for not taking shampoo to hospital, and relying on baby products instead :rofl:
Anyways im dying the hair and Tori starts whimpering fr a feed, There was dye on my top so I took it off and just sat topless. As you do.
DH was out getting Alexs car seat frm the car, cause she had been sick on it again (give me strength) and he returned with a man from the council. And they both strolled in til I shouted WAIT! :rofl: So DH chucked me a towel, and there i was, pink dye on my head, no make up, (im like jordan me, a proper horror with no make up)topless with a lil towel and feeding Tori, discussing a noisy dog no less :dohh:

The HV came today and tori has gone from 6lb 11.5oz to a surprising 7lb 10oz in 7 days. :shock:

But Alex has been really suffering with this cold. So much so that tonight shes had a constant cough and threw up yet again. Refusing to eat or anything. I checked her temp and it was only 34 degrees. I have never had reason to check her temp since she just came out of neonatal. So DH has taken her to the Sick Kids hospital. He text me to say shes in the hospital smiling away now :dohh: but i feel it in my bones, somethings not right now.

Edit: Alex has got antibiotics, thats all I know just now, and shes really upset. ut this is proabaly becuase shes seriously bloody knackered

maisiemoo! Congratulations on your :bfp: I remember that scared shitless feeling :rofl: all i kept saying out loud was shit :rofl: in a good way though.

Yes hun, just do what is normally done in your area (so see the doc or ring up the midwives) Once you start the ball rolling, the midwife or doc will refer you to the relevant care providers,( i imagine consultant care) and discuss the best plans to monitor this pregnancy :)

You'll have a similar age gap to me too :)

oh PS. Let me know your EDD and i'll add you to our list :)

Thank you! how are you finding it so far? the age gap is quite exciting as Olivia will never remember life without a sister or brother, which I think is lovely. I'm very nervous about the pregnancy and medical side of things, but hey ho your little one is ok :) It does explain why a thread in baby club annoyed me so much yesterday - i'm never confrontational, especially over the blimin internet!

I think my due date could be the 12th dec, but as i've been BF i never really had a proper period so not sure when the last one was.... so, you definitely definitely can get preggers whilst bfing lol

Congratulations Maisymoo.

Good luck for your scan elveneye.

Hope Alex is feeling a bit better this morning...Reagan's weakness is her tonsils...9 times last year :nope:...it is bloody horrible and knocks them right out.

I have my FIL moving in tomorrow :dohh: Long story...he is in spain, has been for last 5 years, marriage has broken down, his health has got bad, he messaged hubby the other morning saying he wanted to come hom...hubby being hubby told him to come here...so flights have been arranged, and he lands tomorrow evening :wacko: I have told Allan it can only be a temporary measure, we are in a 2 double bed house...so have to move when this baby comes as it is!!

sorry i havent been around last couple of days but tyler went in to have his operation yesturday.
he was meant to have his tonsils and adenoids out and grommits in.

But we Didn't get everything done yesturday, he didnt get his tonsils out, he had his adenoids out, they could only put 1 grommit in because where they took his old one out yesturday they noticed he has a big hole in his ear drum and theres a 50% chance he will need another operation to fix it. got to go back in 6 weeks to check and he needs ear plugs to go swimming. i had to leave Jaiden for the 1st time :( Jaiden was absolutly fine. I missed him so much, i was without him for about 13hrs. i showered him in kisses when i got back lol.

its one thing after another with him, it always has been, i know the things hes had wong with him isnt to do with being prem (well i dont think it is) but it seems its been a string of bad luck. iykwim.

Jaiden's cold is much better, not fully gone but hes better than he was :)

According to my doctor, risks of this baby being premature are small! Yey! More examinations follow in June, and they're gonna start keeping an close eye on me from there on (28wks).. Wonderful! :happydance:

According to my doctor, risks of this baby being premature are small! Yey! More examinations follow in June, and they're gonna start keeping an close eye on me from there on (28wks).. Wonderful! :happydance:

That's brilliant news Elveneye :thumbup:

Well I went to see the gp this morning and she was really nice. She was all ready to go and try and see if she could get me in for a growth scan before I see the consultant but then she realised she wouldn't be able to get hold of anyone until Tuesday due to it being Easter weekend so by the time that anything could be sorted after that I'd be seeing the consultant anyway so she thinks it's prob best to wait and see the consultant and see what she says as then I can potentially get all scans done at once (at the mo it will be growth scan and cardiac scan but consultant may decide to do others)

I mentioned to her about a weird thing Bumpity is doing that she's never done before the start of last week and that Findlay never did and she said that the only thing she could think of was that Miss Bumpity may have started having seizures (which is what we were worrying it was as it feels like what F does when he has a tonic-clonic seizure) as she is at high risk of seizures anyway due to the chromosome abnormality plus the gp said with her head being very small her brain won't be developing as it should so she said to mention it to the consultant next week and see what she says about it. I've no idea how they'd be able to tell though as it's not like they can do an EEG on a baby before they're born and as it isn't regular (ie it's not like it happens at a regular sort of time of day or anything) the chances of catching it on an ultrasound scan are very small I would have thought :shrug:

I'm back off to Babybond tomorrow morning to see if they can manage to get the 4D pics and dvd for me, I'm really really hoping they can as I am desperate to have a dvd of her especially under the current circumstances. I've been drinking absolutely loads since the last scan when they said I didn't have much fluid so I'm really hoping that's helped and she's now got lots more fluid to practice her breathing in *fingers crossed* We're then heading over to Balmoral as 2 of Dave's friends are running the Balmoral 10k to raise money for Findlay's sensory room so we're going over to cheer them on :thumbup: Dave's taking the collapsible chairs with us so I can sit down and keep my legs up :haha:

Lianne: That's such a shame Tyler couldn't have everything done at once :( I hope his check up goes well and he doesn't need another op as a result of it. Glad Jaiden's cold is improving :thumbup:

Lottie i have been thinking of u hun :hugs: hope findlays ok :)

i hate the easter weekend when it comes to shops/drs/hospitals being shut :(

i really really hope u get the pics & dvd 2moro, i know how much it means to you, i will have everything crossed for u hun xxx

Tasha, beautiful name for a beautiful princess:cloud9:

Lottie,:hugs:

You and me, man you tease with the pick n mix:haha: I reckon boy too!

Sandi, yep bfing is absolutely the best MIL deterrent:winkwink: Sounds like Alex is doing a whole lot better with Tori than Anja is doing with Eilidh:dohh: Anja is super jealous lol

Hotmum hope your BP stabilises so you can stay home:hugs:

Nic, how you doing today hun?

yeah I wish I could stay too...but here I am again ( since tue.) at this stinky hospital
Now is getting harder and harder to get controlled... I am on 2400 ml of labetalol 3x day (and tonight my BP got high again...

I just wanted to know if somebody ever had the same issue with BP...
It is getting harder and harder to get controlled and I really wanted to know WHY, since I am on complete bed rest and low salt intake + that much of meds...

AND what are the risks of labetalol ( if u re taking 2400 ml ) =(

I just dont want to hurt my baby girl...

Everyday is a win and I think I am at the end of this pg =( yea 8 weeks earlier

Hey everyone :wave:...hope you're all okay?

Haven't been on for a few days as trying to adjust to having the FIL living here :wacko:...I'm not adjusting well!!

Will try and get back on later and do a detailed reply :hugs:

oh my, i couldnt live with my FIL. good grief!!

everything ok this end, going for a picnic later. Jaiden is growing so quick. im goin to get him weighed this week. i cant believe he is 9weeks old already.

he is trying to laugh lol i had sum pics done at pixifoto assoon as they send me my disc i'll upload :)

i hope everyone else is ok.

thinking of lottie & tasha :hugs:

hi there brand new to B&B. I had my dd at 28w due to PROM - no explanation... pg again, and currently 17+5 and found this site through looking for the Optimum trial - so really helpful already. would like to join you if thats okay, as was being quite chilled but now a wee bit terrified about giving birth pre-term again!

Hiya Dawn, seen u on the OPPTIMUM thread! Welcome to bnb xxxx

Hi Ladies!!

Am expecting my 5 baby after 31week twins, a 35 weeker and one at 37weeks

Hi twoofeach, will add you and dawn to our list! How are we all doing?!?!?!? S Xxxxx

good today thanks! on holiday :happydance: until 10th may from today, so look forward to catching up with you all when I get back. praying the sun stays as we are staying in Scotland for our holidays - north west!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->