Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

^ Some women just naturally carry for shorter amount of time, I like to think.. Makes it feel a bit more natural, and ok..

Congratulations btw, hope the baby blues passes soon and you get to start enjoying your daughter <3

//

Ah yeah. Had my 20 week scan a few weeks ago and everything was fine! Apparently there are no signs of prematurity this time (had some problems with my daughter, who then came 7 weeks early)! Yey! They'll start keeping an close eye on the pregnancy and the baby from 28 weeks on. And also - it's a boy!! <3 So happy.

@dawnmc & twoofeach

when are your due date chicks?

@elveneye congrats on your:blue: bump

hi girls :) im glad to hear your having weekly scans Lottie and congrats hotmum! Grace is home and doing ok, we saw her consultant a few days ago, apparently she is pretty certain she will have neurological damage due to the lack of oxygen for so long (two 25 minute arrests and a few shorter ones.) Im about to take her for her injections and im worried sick that they are gonna make her ill as they said it was probably a virus that caused her to collapse!

Hope everyone is doing well

xx

hi girls :) im glad to hear your having weekly scans Lottie and congrats hotmum! Grace is home and doing ok, we saw her consultant a few days ago, apparently she is pretty certain she will have neurological damage due to the lack of oxygen for so long (two 25 minute arrests and a few shorter ones.) Im about to take her for her injections and im worried sick that they are gonna make her ill as they said it was probably a virus that caused her to collapse!

Hope everyone is doing well

xx

Yeah I was thinking about you when everything happened... =)
I think my body doesn´t really take good pregnancies lol anyways at the end I was on 2400 ml of labetalol and 60 mg of nifedipine and hydroloxin.
My kidneys were just getting weaker and weaker till the day that my blood work came back really bad and I was sent to labor and delivery to have this baby girl !

BUT Baby blues are better, she is doing good, besides APNEA =( but I know is a normal thing!

I took 2 cycles ( 5 shots ) of steroid shots and she may be going back to the cpap today =(

anyways hows everybody

Sorry congrats barbara! :happydance:

Olivias mum take that consultants words with a pinch of salt. Alex had a lot of damage but look at her - it depends on what part of the brain these things affect, and kiddies brains easily rewire, so to speak. ;) I know we have been very lucky but these docs are only telling us the worst.

We are fine here. I've gone from a lil skinny Alex to fatty Tori. Kid you not shes put on over 2lb in just over 3 weeks. Thats the size of Alex when she was born ffs lol :rofl:

the baby massage class was on, man i felt like a spare prick, they all seemed (in faun's words) the Myleene Klass type.:rofl:

i was updating their growth charts and details and it was weird comparing the charts, Toris on a total roll, outgrowing clothes already. i am beginning to refuse to buy too much new stuff if this is whats gonna happen, ive began pulling out Alexs wee sleepsuits from before. Can't justify the shopping trips if shes gonna grow o
ut of stuff so quick :haha:

Alex is doing fab, shes putting on weight too and finally going up centiles :shock: and she was walking in Costa Coffee showing off :haha:

ow Sandi thats great ! =)

That´s awsome news hunn, what about the BF ?

I am almost giving up on pumping my milk is just NOT comming out =(
Its been 3 days since birth and still didn´t come out...

Plus it is hard when I am alone in the room just ´´imagining`` her to express, instead of having her... Anyone had problems with BF when had your premies?

When was your due date hun? I havent even added you to the list im sorry!

Have you tried the photos, blankets etc thing? like, take a blanket that shes had, as to smell her?

Also it does take a few days for milk to come in, and you should be pumping in the middle of the night, every 3 hours. thats what messed it up for me :/ defo get up at night!

Bfing is going fab, imso glad i decided to try, no bottle or sterilising is a joy and if i want to go out we just grab the kids and go, its great! Obviously my milk seems to be doing the job too?

Sandi I was June 22, 2011 lol

Yea I have a picture, and I am REALLY pumping every three... Idk =(

did u pumped ?

Yeah Bf is a WAAY better =)... and it is so good the bounding feeling with the baby lol

Yep, i pumped for 15 weeks for Alex. I was blessed with a good supply to begin with, then it dwindled, so i asked my doctor for domperidone. Its an anti sickness drug but its side effects include increasing milk. It worked.
Are you not getting anything at all? Theres a girl called summer_rain in the breastfeeding section, shes very knowledgable. Perhaps you could post a thread in that section?

Hotmum: I'm just off for a lie down and to get some food but if you've got any expressing questions I can hep with give me a shout as I did it exclusively for over a year!

Quick update on my hospital visit: Consultant and another doctor scanned me as soon as I got there (which I wasn't expecting) and spent ages looking at the kidneys and bladder and muttering about something but then said something about her leg being at a weird angle so I guess what ever they thought they had seen was actually ok.
Miss Bumpity is still tiny, way off the bottom of the centile charts and fluid levels are very low. They can't do AFI as she doesn't have fluid in several pockets to add up so they did deepest pool measurement as she only has a single pool of fluid and it's a very shallow pool consideiring it's all the fluid she has :(

I am now having growth and doppler scans every week in Aberdeen at the maternity hospital and seeing the consultant immediately after each scan and at the slightest sign of my doppler not looking so good they will be getting her out :shock: They want to try and leave her in for as long as they possibly can though as they don't want to add the probs of being an extreme preemie to her on top of everything else.

I then got sent across to genetics to speak to the geneticist although he couldn't really say much so he took some new pics of Findlay and updated his dysmorphology database with the info about Findlay's cataract and spent ages looking at Findlay's eyes (so turned more into an appt for him than me lol)

Burst into tears on the way back to the car though :)dohh:) as a midwife was taking a baby out to a car for a couple and another person stopped them and asked how old the baby was 'as it's so tiny' and it was just 4 hours old which caused me to burst into tears on hearing that as 1. the baby looked huuuuge to me, 2. I've never seen a 4hr old baby as I didn't get to see Findlay until the day after he was born and 3. I was soooooo jealous they got to have a baby and take it home with them when the Mum was discharged :cry::cry:

I think it's really hit me after speaking to the consultant this afternoon that with Miss Bumpity being so small etc it is pretty much guaranteed that even if by some miracle they get me to term she will be going to neonatal when she's born and so I will never ever know what it is like to take a baby home with me when I get discharged :cry:

I think it's really hit me after speaking to the consultant this afternoon that with Miss Bumpity being so small etc it is pretty much guaranteed that even if by some miracle they get me to term she will be going to neonatal when she's born and so I will never ever know what it is like to take a baby home with me when I get discharged :cry:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi everyone:flower:

Lottie:hugs: I've never not done NICU either so I do know how that feels:hugs: Got everything crossed for miss bumpitty.

Tasha:hugs:

Hotmum, 3 days is still sooo early hun, your milk my not come in for a couple of days yet, I know mine didnt. Just keep putting the pump onto your breast every 2-3 hours and it will come:hugs: And Congrats!! My LO was born at the same gestation.

Sandi, wow Tori is gaining so well! And yay for Alex:happydance:

Eilidh is finally gaining some weight and is up to 5lb 5oz. We have someone coming round on thursday to assess her. Also I gave her weight wrong, she was 1701g born which I thought was 3lb 12oz, but its actually 3lb 7oz :shock:

Yep, i pumped for 15 weeks for Alex. I was blessed with a good supply to begin with, then it dwindled, so i asked my doctor for domperidone. Its an anti sickness drug but its side effects include increasing milk. It worked.
Are you not getting anything at all? Theres a girl called summer_rain in the breastfeeding section, shes very knowledgable. Perhaps you could post a thread in that section?

thanks hunn... yea well half once every 4 hours =(
I tried massage, compression, lots of fluids idk I will keep trying =)

---

Lottie - thanks ! =) It is hard, but they need it really bad lol

Hi everyone:flower:

Lottie:hugs: I've never not done NICU either so I do know how that feels:hugs: Got everything crossed for miss bumpitty.

Tasha:hugs:

Hotmum, 3 days is still sooo early hun, your milk my not come in for a couple of days yet, I know mine didnt. Just keep putting the pump onto your breast every 2-3 hours and it will come:hugs: And Congrats!! My LO was born at the same gestation.

Sandi, wow Tori is gaining so well! And yay for Alex:happydance:

Eilidh is finally gaining some weight and is up to 5lb 5oz. We have someone coming round on thursday to assess her. Also I gave her weight wrong, she was 1701g born which I thought was 3lb 12oz, but its actually 3lb 7oz :shock:

And how was it ? I still lost and afraid, my son was a 34... almost 35 wich makes a HUGE difference, besides that she is kind a week behind they told me, but she is good !
She still on the cpap =( hopefully not for too long, how was yours ?

Hotmum - Congrats!! I was curious where you went!!

As for pumping...I did it for nearly 17 months straight! I think 3 days is a bit early yet too so don't get discouraged, with the added stress of a preemie...it's bound to take a bit longer. I would go on a pumping marathon as well as pumping on schedule, like every 3 hours...randomly pump at say 15 mins, 30 mins, an hour and so on between. I know this sounds weird, but it truly does help with bringing in milk and upping your supply when it's low.

If you have any other pumping questions feel free to msg me. :hugs:

Lottie - :hugs: I keep praying for a positive update from you sweetie...I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

Can you PM me your address...I have something to send you!

:hugs:

I hope everyone is well!

Sandi - Great job on the weight gain momma! :thumbup:

Dani - How are you feeling?

Hotmum, Nic has some great advice there, defo try and pump more than every 4 hours though hun. Keep up with the fluids and calories etc. My LO was on the cpap for around 12 hours, thankfully we had 2 seperate courses of steroids which made all the difference. She did 2 weeks and 6 days in NICU and it was tough :hugs: The main reason Eilidh was in as long as she was, and hers was a short stay for gestation, was her size and getting her to feed enough.

Keep at the pumping , it does take time and you are doing really well I had nowhere near half an oz at 3 days:hugs:

Nic, how you doing hun?:flower:

Hotmum - Congrats!! I was curious where you went!!

As for pumping...I did it for nearly 17 months straight! I think 3 days is a bit early yet too so don't get discouraged, with the added stress of a preemie...it's bound to take a bit longer. I would go on a pumping marathon as well as pumping on schedule, like every 3 hours...randomly pump at say 15 mins, 30 mins, an hour and so on between. I know this sounds weird, but it truly does help with bringing in milk and upping your supply when it's low.

If you have any other pumping questions feel free to msg me. :hugs:

Lottie - :hugs: I keep praying for a positive update from you sweetie...I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

Can you PM me your address...I have something to send you!

:hugs:

I hope everyone is well!

Sandi - Great job on the weight gain momma! :thumbup:

Dani - How are you feeling?

yeah =)

they made a good job 26 till 32 weeks actually... Still pretty early but I better than 26 ...

Shes good but I though she would do better since I had 2 cycles of steroid shots... ( 5 shots total)

idk hope everything works fine, i will try the every 30, 15 just to see if I can get more milk... =)

Hotmum, Nic has some great advice there, defo try and pump more than every 4 hours though hun. Keep up with the fluids and calories etc. My LO was on the cpap for around 12 hours, thankfully we had 2 seperate courses of steroids which made all the difference. She did 2 weeks and 6 days in NICU and it was tough :hugs: The main reason Eilidh was in as long as she was, and hers was a short stay for gestation, was her size and getting her to feed enough.

Keep at the pumping , it does take time and you are doing really well I had nowhere near half an oz at 3 days:hugs:

Nic, how you doing hun?:flower:

That´s funny I had 2 cycles of the steroids too...
( 5 shots total, in a 4 week period )

thats why i dont get it

Ow Sandi that´s lovely !

Thanks for putting it out there =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe