Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Hiya all :flower:
Sorry ive not been here in ages n ages but im finding this pregnancy very difficult to deal with :cry: Its not that anything is wrong its just with losing my boy on xmas eve and already being 3-4 weeks pregnant then and not knowing i just feel its too soon and im at the time now when my waters broke before im just stressing i think, but no one i talk to understands so i have learnt to just smile :)
Found out last week we have a healthy baby girl growing in there and dont i know it she is never still (think she goin to be a dancer)
Im just so scared and think i will be till i have her in my arms screaming the hospital down and getting to bring her home will be amazing but i cant seem to stay thinking that way :( i go through dark patches and think its all going to be for nothing :cry: I have recently started breavement councilling which i think is helping..
Any way ill keep updating as i can hope your all well xxx

Hey girls,
Scan went 'ok', dated me at 9 weeks and 4 days but we have to go back on thursday to see the doctor for another scan and a 'chat', not sure what is going on, but only one cooking (which i am really pleased with) xx

@takingforever :hugs: That's totally understandable hun, you can talk about everything on here if you need to let it out? Congratulations on your lil :pink: bundle!

@Bob 9+4!!!!! wow!
Are you ok hun? You seem a bit... I dunno, confused by it all? Is it just the shock?

xxxxx

I've got an announcement to make.

Tori had nipples when she was born....

:shock:

That is all

:rofl:

:wave: To the 4 guests browsing :rofl:

That is all

Oh Sandi you've made me giggle! That would prob have been the first thing I'd have said this July if Miss Bumpity was a termie 'omg look look she's got nipples!!!' :haha::haha:

I'm no rubbing it in or nuffin.....

Having no nipples is the 'in' thing ;) Tori's just a weirdo..... :rofl:

all this talk of nipples is making me laugh! Can u believe i didnt even realise harry had no nipples for about 7 weeks!!! Bad mum alert, but i assumed all babies come with nipples, how wrong was i!!!!!!

I dont feel pregnant, i dont feel ...... anything.

We knew straight away with the boys folowing the ivf and i was over the moon, always stroking my non pregnant more burger belly and walked around with the biggest smile on my face for weeks, this time, none of that :(

Its all so so quick, mentally you never thought this was even possible hun :hugs:

Sounds perfectly normal Bob! I was in total and utter denial I was even pregnant for nearly 9 weeks and only tested a few days before I was 9 weeks (with Sandi at the other end of the computer :haha:)!!

Ok girls I have totally and utterly lost the plot, you know in the Disney film Lady and the Tramp the bit where the dog is trying to nosy at the baby as she doesn't know what a baby is or what they look like and singing 'What is a baby anyway?'.... well I've been wandering round the house singing 'what is a termie anyway?'. Men in white coats are on their way :haha::dohh:

Sounds perfectly normal Bob! I was in total and utter denial I was even pregnant for nearly 9 weeks and only tested a few days before I was 9 weeks (with Sandi at the other end of the computer :haha:)!!

Ok girls I have totally and utterly lost the plot, you know in the Disney film Lady and the Tramp the bit where the dog is trying to nosy at the baby as she doesn't know what a baby is or what they look like and singing 'What is a baby anyway?'.... well I've been wandering round the house singing 'what is a termie anyway?'. Men in white coats are on their way :haha::dohh:

:haha::haha:

The men in white coats are lovely, they will look after you :0)

Is there no chance miss bumpity will be a termie? x

The awkward moment when you tell Lottie she IS pregnant was probably up there with my most scary - nervous moments :blush:
Bob she was in so much denial she didnt really know til i told her :haha::haha::haha: :kiss:

Hello. I am Corrie Anne. I have been to this section a few times in the past. We were not trying for another at all but oh got carried away on my bday and ended up pg. About the past.... My first was born a day before her dd. My only son was born at 36wks. Our 3rd child was born at 34wks due to ptl.Weighin 4lbs 10ozs. She luckily was perfect with no hospital stay. Our 4th child was the worst off so far She was born at 32wks weighing 4lbs 11ozs and was life flighted to a diff hospital for breathing problems. She ended up on cpap and developed sepsis. but only stayed for 11 days. Our 5th child was born at 33wks and weighed 4lbs 14ozs and stayed for 8days. Our 6th child was born also at 33wks weighing 5lbs 9ozs big preemie and had a feed problem at first she just would not put on weight
and lost 1 oz aday. They slowed her feedings and burped her more and she started gaining still with not a horrible time laps in thd nicu only 12 days. I am currently 10wks and am just now coming around to letting my mind know this is real. I have had 5 scans and bloods and everything needed my mind just wasnt catching up to agree with the pg. But i never once regreted this baby or thought negitively about it just took a little longer to sink in as normal. I am due dec 4th. i am going to start taking the prog shots at 15-16wks. I should also be getting my cervical length checked around then too. With my last pg i started dilating at 24wks and was 3 at 28wks i was lucky to hold her in longer. I really dont have much hope for a full term baby but hopefully will follow trend with its sisters.

It's true Bob, the test came back with the test line so much darker than the control line so I told Sandi that I def wasn't pregnant and the test must be faulty to which she said no it just meant I was very pregnant and to go and get a digi so I did and it came up 3+ the second my wee hit it. I nearly fell over in shock :shock: :shock:

Ahhh I forgot to update on here about my appt today :dohh: Scan showed doppler as being ok at the moment (although they think placenta is not working as well as it should due to my lupus) but Miss Bumpity has fallen even further behind her measurements and was measuring 24+0 this afternoon (I'm 30wks tomorrow) so below the 1st centile and fluid levels are below the line too plus whilst she is thankfully still moving her movements have decreased.
Next Tuesday I will be having my weekly scan and consultant appt and will also be getting stabbed with steroids, shown round the NICU unit and meeting the consultant neonatologist to speak to him about Miss Bumpity and what to expect when she arrives as her development is now very behind her actual gestation so if she arrives at say 32 weeks she won't be developmentally like other babies who are gestationally 32 weeks and with her growth issues being symmetrical her head is tiny too so her brain won't be developing as it should. Consultant said if scan next Tues isn't good she'll arrive there and then and if it's ok then I'll be delivered within the next few weeks.

Are the steroids 2 jabs 12hrs apart or 24hrs apart? I've totally forgotten :wacko:

Think its 24? Dont quote me tho, i only had 1.

Hiya corrie anne, ive seen u around!!! If you want me to pop you on the list on the first page let me know your EDD, and congrats!!!

They can be given either 12 or 24 hours apart Lottie depending on which steroid you have, betamethasone is generally 24 hours apart and dexamethasone is usually 12 hours apart xx

That is all

:wave: To the 4 guests browsing :rofl:

Lmao!! Mine were both seriously lacking in the nipple department!!haha!xx

They can be given either 12 or 24 hours apart Lottie depending on which steroid you have, betamethasone is generally 24 hours apart and dexamethasone is usually 12 hours apart xx

Thank you! Fingers crossed its the beta they give me then as I live an hour from the hospital at non rush hour time so them being 12hrs apart would be a bit of a nightmare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->