Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Thanks for letting me know who to copy it to, much appreciated :thumbup:

Ooooo ladies btw what is best for a newborn to sleep in?? Findlay was in a cotbed in his own room from day 1 of being home so we never had to buy a 'small' bed for him. As this time I want to directly bf rather than express we plan to have her in our room for the first 6 months or so. I looked in John Lewis and have looked online and there seem to be moses baskets, cribs and then choices of ones that are static, ones that rock and ones that glide. I'm totally confused :wacko: Findlay had a test drive in all of them in John Lewis so I could see what they look like with a baby in them but I still am none the wiser whether it is best to get a moses basket or a crib and then whether I need one that rocks or glides or not :wacko:

The carrycot of Findlay's Silver Cross pram can be used as a moses basket (and is bigger than the moses baskets you buy in shops these days) so that is what we will use for her to nap in downstairs during the day but I'm so confused about what to have for her in our room.

Lottie with Alex she slept in the carrycot part of the pram as it was smaller than a moses basket, she hated the basket til 12 weeks corrected, and then was in that for ages!

Tori hates the crib, prefers the basket, and waaaaay prefers next to me ..... :dohh: but in time im sure i'll get her in the crib, shes just little and not used to the world yet, would rather feel safe and snug.

The crib will be fab as its a lovely size between moses and cot, and will last a decent enough time before putting her in her own room, whenever that may be! A crib for Bumpity would last at least a year!

Another bit of logic I found - a crib is easier to clean up if you have a sicky/reflux baby - a moses basket needs scrubbing and drying.

a crib is easier to clean up if you have a sicky/reflux baby - a moses basket needs scrubbing and drying.

Aha decision made, crib it is then!! If Miss Bumpity is like Findlay and ends up vomiting pretty much 24/7 until she gets surgery then ease of cleaning is of the utmost importance!

Findlay tried the moses baskets and cribs out in the shop and even he still fits in them :haha:

I co-slept with Amber for a good few months with the breastfeeding, otherwise I found myself keep drifting off to sleep sitting up with her on my chest :wacko:

Lottie you could get a inexpensive moses basket, just in case? Mines is just a tesco one :rofl: sometimes they just dont like being 'open' ykwim??

Personally im raging with myself i bought a crib when i coulda got a rainforest bassinet same price :grr:
:rofl: no serious crib is a good plan.
I couldnt have co slept with Alex though, i didnt know enough about it back then, but i looked more into it when Tori was born and decided to go ahead.

just stoping by to say Hello =)

I hope everybody still pregnant lol

massive hugs to u all

Isnt co sleeping bad? That said with my fitst, who,is now 3, i think he slept alone mayb 5 times lol Xx hope everyone is well xX

A question for those with more than 1 preemie:

Is the NICU journey 'easier' a second time around as you sort of know what to expect? I know it will be a different journey to last time as of course all babies are different anyway and my fetal med consultant is making a big thing now of pointing out she won't be like other babies of her gestation due to other issues but I was thinking of it from the point of view that this time we understand the preemie 'lingo', understand a lot of the equipment, are certainly well and truly used to tubes, wires, monitors and what the numbers mean so we won't be leaping 6ft in the air panicking everytime something beeps etc like we did when Findlay was born. Did you find this to be the case or am I falsely reassuring myself here?

Hey Lottie, how are you hunn?

Well... My first jorney to the NICU lasted ONLY a week... Then another week in the special care.
Second preemie MUCH different 3 weeks younger and I found out many ´´new`` things, it all depends in your first time jorney you know?
This time I admit that is a bit harder, but I´m sure is only because we are always afraid of the ´´ unknown``. As long as tech stuff its easier lol, you don´t get scared if the monitor goes off, you already know the bunch of tests, and you get ´´use to it `` easier since you already know the jorney...

You may experience new things, like I am, new preemie milestones or even better things :winkwink:

Don´t be afraid, give yourself time to ´´heal``, you will be emotional in the first week or so, but even if you had a full term baby you were going to be emotional, you´re hormones are crazy after giving birth =D
So don´t take the baby blues serious, they will go away !
I remember crying a LOT even after going home when I had my son...
This time I cried too ( baby blues...) but it was much better,
I know she is in the best place right now and every body gets ups and downs, but everything will be fine honey !

Hope you be ok :hugs:

Freddiesmum its said that co-sleeping when done correctly is as safe as cot sleeping. Once upon a time guidelines say it was a no no. There were leaflets given to me with both the girls at hospital which included one explaining how to co-sleep safely. Its said breastfeeding mothers have more of an awareness and instinct while co-sleeping but i couldnt tell you how true that is.

Lottie I think you will be far more used to a neonatal enviroment again than someobe who doesnt understand anything in there ykwim? Plus you have extensive knowledge in preemies compared to a first timer,(and u know more than me) and you'll be a step ahead.

I just found out I'm pregnant again (even though we were using condoms). I'm going to the Doctor next week, and could really use support. :flower: I'm scared out of my mind, seeing as LO is only 6 months old.

Hiya Srrme :wave:

Congratulations!!!!!

I too have a 6 month old, and am 12 weeks pregnant!!

:hiya: Srrme!
(I think we're ALL going to end up in this thread at some point :rofl:)
:hugs: remember LO will be older in (heres hoping) 9 months, life will be different then!
I spent so much time worrying about how I would cope but everything slots together regardless. i promise :)

Srrme Heeey congrats hunn ! =)
Even when not much expected a baby wash out anything bad =D

Support here is AWESOME and hopefully you will carry a termie now ( i ll be praying for you )
Don´t worry about two infants, think that It may be hard in the beggining but they will be like twins, they will be close friends, will grow up together and you will be done with a lot things at the same time ( diapers, bottles even school they will be going at the same time )

Why did you delivered early ? ( sorry if you mentioned before )
You can also find a high risk doctor and try to prevent it this time =)
( I know even if you do everything right you can still have a preemie, but a high risk doc will help you a lot )

People think I am crazy or something but I really want a third and last child...
Even after 2 preemies =(
Of course I will give time for my body and mind to heal but people really judge me when I say that I do think in a third child even after a nightmare pregnancy
( trust me 26 to 32 weeks bedrest, on and off hospitals, meeting a hundred docs and crazy headaches, blurred vision and dizzness for 6 weeks is not for everyone...)
BUT my baby washed out everything, when I was pregnant I was even considering surgical procedure for female sterilization, now I must be crazy when I think about another baby...
my plans ( even before my first baby) was always have all my babies at once lol and stop for good... btw people will ALWAYS judge, so don´t worry and have a happy 9 months =D

Awe, thanks for the support everyone! :hugs: It makes me feel a lot better. And if I do make it to term, or even close, I know it won't be as hard as I think it will be, because Elias will be 1 year old by then.

I am booking an appointment tomorrow (I'm waiting for my insurance to go through) with a high risk Doctor. :thumbup:

@Hotmum - I don't know why I went into premature labor with Elias, other than stress. They did multiple tests, and could not find any reason why. :nope:

@you&me - Yay! I had no idea someone else was having another one so soon. Hehe. That makes me feel better. :blush:

Is anyone here, pregnant AND breastfeeding?

I was still giving Amber a feed morning and night when I fell pregnant...but dang, it hurt like hell :dohh: and she was going through the stage of pulling, chomping and pinching, plus twisting the nipple in her gums as she shook her head back and forth :haha:

Ouch! I thought my baps were sore enough this morn. Tori only fed once last night, Ive woke up with Jordan style boobies lol

Just a quickie.... I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow and I was wondering whether there are some key questions I should be asking?

I experienced a PROM at 32 weeks and gave birth a week later. Her prematurity was in part attributed to her condition, however no one really knows why she arrived early.

Any tips would be much appreciated as my brain is just baby mush atm :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->