Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

maisiemoo im not sure what to advise but im sure someone else will? xxx

How is everyone? xxx

Just popping in to say hi :wave: ive finally made it to V DAY and this baby is becoming real but still scared shitless :haha: Hope everyone else is well xxx

Happy 24 weeks Takingforever! :happydance: How is the pregnancy going?

Happy 24 weeks Takingforever! :happydance: How is the pregnancy going?

Pregnancy is going great not had a problem yet :thumbup: but they are keeping a closer eye on me ie BP and urine as it could of been a water infection before that made my waters break but so far so good :happydance:
DH has finally got his head round another baby will be coming soon he was convinced it was all going to go wrong and made himself distant from the pregnancy but my ever growing bump is real to him now and hes picked her name (London)
Got another scan at 28weeks but other than that nothing else lol xxx

Hi ladies,
I have been lurking on this thread since TTC #3, but I wanted to join in an introduce myself.. I got my BFP last week and I went to the dr. to confirm it! Im almost 5 weeks and due Jan 25th... Im 28, and have two little ones both were premature...

DS went into labor at 28 weeks and held off on bedrest and meds til PROM at 35 weeks, he only spent a little over a week in the NICU...
No known cause of premature labor...

DD... well, I went into labor at 23 weeks... 1 cm dilated, 100% effaced.. hospitalized and on constant meds, I held off and went back into labor at 28 weeks, received steriods for her lungs, and was told she was coming.. but I was able to hold her off with mag sulfate and stayed in the hospital.. til 33 weeks when I was 5 cm and leaking fluid and there was no turning back... She was 4.8 lbs and was my super star.. she spent only 6 DAYS in the NICU...

So... here I am again.. I have wanted this baby for so long and me and DH were unsure and scared as they have never found a reason for the prematurity.. But I decided that we would give it one more shot... Im scared but optimistic... I have this deep real feeling that I will go to term...

I went to the dr. last week and they started talking about starting me on Progesterone at 20 weeks to see if maybe that was a cause.. Anyone ever do this with success? there are a lot of side effects, so I am nervous...

Well sorry for blabbing, but I am excited to talk to ladies who have been in the same boat!!!

Hiya Holly
I was on progesterone from week 22 to 34 and went over due :happydance: welcome over!!! I'll pop u on our first page, you're out first due in 2012!!! How are your LOs doing? Xx

Thanks for the welcome. My two LO are doing great.. my son was the only one who had a few problems after discharge from the NICU but all resolved by 2 yrs old, had trouble sucking for 2 months, digestion problems, and asthma... and he is super advanced now...

Anyone have this feeling like they are pushing their luck?? I was lucky both of my premies were healthy and came when they did.. and I almost feel selfish for TTC this baby with the known risks.. I just KNOW in my heart I can carry this baby to term... Is that crazy for me to feel this way?
How did everyone else cope with those feelings after having a premie??

Thanks for the welcome. My two LO are doing great.. my son was the only one who had a few problems after discharge from the NICU but all resolved by 2 yrs old, had trouble sucking for 2 months, digestion problems, and asthma... and he is super advanced now...

Anyone have this feeling like they are pushing their luck?? I was lucky both of my premies were healthy and came when they did.. and I almost feel selfish for TTC this baby with the known risks.. I just KNOW in my heart I can carry this baby to term... Is that crazy for me to feel this way?

hey congrats ! =DDD

well, I haven´t been hea since the birth of my lil princess :)

same situation hunn ! hahaha I have a 34+3 weeker and a 32 ( who just been told this week she may be a little ealier than we think )...

I AM thinking about conceiving # 3 in a year or so and everybody is calling me crazy... 2 times pre E, and this time with my DD got PRETTY serioous even kidney failure was on the way !

I think you should NOT worry: relax, lay back and enjoy the ride !
It can happen or it can not... HOPEFULLY you will have a wonderful happy 9 months and finally get to term!

My friend had a 33 weeker and 28 (both due pre E) and now she gave birth to a 37 ! SEE ! So go for it and we will be here to support ;)

congrats...

Congratulations!!! :flower:

I felt like I was pushing my luck having Amber...and I managed to get to just short of 39 weeks...and felt very 'lucky'.

And then I fell pregnant again, and at the moment I am so detached from this pregnancy...because I feel like I have pushed my luck twice...and now to tempt fate a 3rd time is it all going to come back and bite me in the arse?!!

So yeah...totally normal feelings!!

Hope everyone is okay? :wave:

Omg I did it ladies, I've ordered a bed and mattress for Miss Bumpity! :shock: I'm absolutely terrified she'll never get to use it but this is me attempting to be optimistic and a huuuuge step for me.

Trying to work out now what bits she'll need other than bedding and a bouncer plus 2 comforters so I can switch which one is in her incubator for me to sniff for expressing (that must sound weird if a non preemie parent read that lol)

2 weeks today at most (providing all my scans, dopplers and ctgs in meantime go ok) and I'll be in hospital waiting to go to theatre, EEK!

So nervous about it as we've no idea what state she'll be in when she arrives and it will be a while before all her issues could start coming to light although hopefully the steroids will have done a fab job and we'll avoid a ventilator and go straight to cpap. Just wish we had a crystal ball to know if they'll be a level 3 bed available here when she arrives for her and if not where will have one. I'm finding the not knowing where we could end up really stressful.

Lottie have u got a sling? I have a moby wrap here if you'd like it?

Ps you know if you end up here you have massive support all the time. I'll come join u at hospital, i'll help u with whatever. Xxx

Yes I've got a gorgeous bright turquoise Moby sling here that I got for Findlay a few months ago (before I discovered that sling + feeding pump isn't actually very practical :dohh:) so I am hoping that if things go ok that little Miss doesn't require a feeding pump or O2 or else I'll never be able to leave the house on my own as I can't push a pram and F's pushchair! :dohh:

Ooooo yes what weight is Tori now? Has she had a big stretch lengthways yet?

Hello :hi: How are you doing? How is Jaiden doing? Can't believe he's 3 months old already, where does the time go?! :wacko:

we are doing ok ty. got him weighed yesterday, hes 11lb 7. he was following the 9th percentile thingy and now hes dropped to the 2nd. but hes happy enuff so im happy.
hes sleeping thru the night, most nights he goes from 10pm until 6am.

i know the time has flown by. doesnt seem like 5 mins since i joined this thread :s

how is everyone ur end xx

Hey Lottie...Sandi...and Lianne :flower:

Tasha, (if you still read) hope you and the family have a wonderful time away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->