Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Think nic is doing good....
aye she's 34 weeks today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know! My best mate had a 34 weeker and she stayed in SCBU with Alex for less than a week!

Oooohhh Lianne...another one for you then?

My GP said no to sterilising me at the same time as this section, so I asked my consultant, and she said if that is what I want she will do it...I just have to make the decision now :wacko:

i would love another, but i have 3 already. but i have had such a positive experience with Jaiden, no problems, easy labour etc it makes me want another.

but i dont think we will.

Lianne for a min i thought u were back!
I don't think I can. Seriously.
Maybe im having a 'cant hack the night shift' moment but urgh. Im up every 2-3 hours. Hate it! :rofl: when u have older kids theres no chance of a nap or lie in!

oops sorry sandi :dohh:

lack of sleep is definatly the thing i dont like about havin a newborn lol luckily Jaiden is just about sleepin thru now.

and yes a nap is defiantly off the cards with other kids. x

sandi u may feel different in a few years when the girls are older. x

sorry haven't been on this thread much either!!! very helpful to read though! I'm expecting baby no 2 :happydance: and delighted with this, after a 28w with dd, had a FFN test last week and came back positive:cry: so chances are I'll give birth prem again... so just about getting my head round it, as cannae mope as won't help bub or dd! so, ever the optimist, I am due on the 30th Sept, if you could add me to the list Sandi, thanks!

hope everyone is okay today!!! :flower:

Hi Dawn! awww you'll make it, i had load of positives, u have every chance too :)

I've added you to the list. omg alex isslavering over the ipad arrrrrrggghhh

I believe congratulations are in order for NIC!

sansi on the front page u have got Jaiden was born in the march bit but u have wrote feb lol

oh no its ok i see u have them under there due months :dohh:

sorry

Congrats Nic, Welcome baby Marlow, great weight and beautiful name

I saw over in the preemie section on FB that Marlow had arrived...congratulations Nic and family :happydance:

huge congratulations to Nic and family, she did amazingly well to keep Marlow cooking for this long xx

Hi ladies!

So as you know I had my baby girl! Marlow Rose born at 34.3 weeks after my water broke the DAY of my baby shower (right after going home!...I was throwing up, I felt a big gush and thought/hoped it was pee...but the swab for leaks showed it wasn't)..she weighed 5.6lbs and is 46cm long. I ended up having my stitch removed the night my water broke, and then my OB thought it best to induce me because of the risk of infection and because I was already laboring and 3cm dilated when the stitch was removed (which they had to knock me out for...boo).

I was induced the next day, it sucked. I went to 6cm without any pain meds (this was with induction)...then after only 5 hours of sleep in 4 nights...I had enough, it hurt. I knew I needed an epidural because they kept upping my oxytocin every 30 mins. It was great, but slowed every thing down of course...so the oxytocin was upped and upped...finally after what seemed like forever of pushing, and almost fainting because of the lack of sleep..they vacuumed her out. =( NOT what I was expecting nor wanting.

But she's here! And doing awesome! No breathing support, no IV, no anything really. She has had some bradys and faster breathing but nothing major. She is tolerating her feeds if they are breast milk, which I am not getting much of yet. They haven't let me hold her again, which sucks and makes NO sense!

Anyways...here she is!

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/248219_10150202815866638_523391637_7458869_3103712_n.jpg

https://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/246797_10150202816516638_523391637_7458879_5880646_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->