Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

For you Danielle defo. The babies will need their naps. I haven't got my baby jogger yet but I imagine it'd be better even if it is side by side

i want a double buggy ;)

Jaidens dad is smaller build yes, tylers dad is short and muscly/stocky and chris is tall an thin. it definatly shows :)

both my boys look very very different but i love them both the same and wouldnt have them any other way :)

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I dropped in here. :flower:

I went to get my cervix measured today, and the technician was nice enough to take a look at the baby, and tell us the gender! We're having another little boy. :cloud9:

Just got my double - i am still a bit apprehensive about the width.... :/

Congrats on team blue Srrme! :happydance:

Things are 'ok' here just very stressful. Iona is now 3.5wks corrected and still in a hot cot as she can't maintain her temp :nope: At 6am this morning she'd managed to drop to below 35C *in* a hot cot set at 36.9C with lots of blankets but thankfully they've managed to get her temp back up to 36. It's very concerning and we're still not out of the woods with her yet.

She's had a very traumatic few days which them trying to put a tube down to feed her directly into the second part of her small bowel and bypassing her stomach but they finally managed yesterday after over an hour in radiology doing it under xray so that will stay in place until she is big enough and strong enough for surgery. Poor girl has to have scratch mittens/socks taped onto her hands at all times now, even in the bath (you can imagine how funny it looks in the bath :haha:) as if she pulls it out it's a huge problem as they are so difficult to put in.

:hugs: lottie. i dont always reply on ur status' on FB but i do & i do think of u and ur LO's. same goes for u Tasha if u read this xxx

sorry been awol ladies, dnt have time to think at the moment lol
Lottie-sorry ur having a rough time :hugs: xx
Srrme- congrats on team blue!!
how is everyone else?

so i ended up having a major panic attack tonight :/ i was driffting off to sleep and suddenly started remembering stuff(that i had deliberatley blocked off lol) from the day Cam was born and went into a blind panic and started freaking out. how on earth do u ladies cope with being pregnant again? i honestly dont think i could go through that again!! im not a strong enough person! please someone tell me how im ment to do this without freaking out.

had booking in appointment on friday (after already going to two appointment where they had no record of me :dohh:) and basically the mw said its very unlikely that i will be getting a cesarean at 37weeks (as every other health care proffessional has said would prob be whats happening) and that i will need to wait untill 34 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! to speak to consultant. im sorry but thats way too late to be seeing him!! so now im not coping with that either! bloody promises that they are gonna keep a closer eye on me this time and they are quite happy to fob me off till 34weeks??!!! does that seem ridiculous to anyone else? cons said last time that there was 'about a 50% chance the next baby will be fine' which means there is a bloody 50% chance it wont be so why the bloody hell are they being so lax about my care? she wouldnt even discuss any further appointments with me!! i am so angry all i can do is cry! which has resulted in me being awake at 3.45am so gonna be no use to cameron in morning. grrrr bloody doctors!!!!

crikey sorry about rant ladies :blush: no1 round me can even slightly imagine what im going through right now and wen i tried to talk to OH and mum they basically said ill need to wait and see!!! well OH refusses to accept that i might have to just bloody wait and see and hope for the best. he has decided im having section and thats the end of it. xxx

Lottie :hugs:

Wantabean, go back to your family GP and explain how much stress and worry it is causing you...they may be able to do something.

I saw a registrar at my last appointment at hospital, and asked if I could book my section...as my consultant had previously said it will definately be a section again...the registrar refused and said wait til 34-36 weeks...I basically said 'no way'...and asked for my consultant to come in, so she did and booked the section there and then and did all of the consent forms :thumbup:

Sandi, I hope all goes well with Alex's appointments today.

thank you :) i *should* be having scan this week so i am gonna demand to speak to my consultant. there is no way they can make me wait. i ended up not getting to sleep untill 7am this morning coz i had worked myself into such a state. i cant spend my pregnancy like that. its not fair on the rest of my family either. thank you for replying :) ooooo wen is ur section date? xxxx

:haha: I tell you ladies everything, and my family nothing...only my mum knows the date because of having the girls, so please keep it hush hush on FB as we won't be announcing it that day until Allan has picked Reagan up from school and told her.

Baby is hopefully arriving on Monday 21st November...I have the first 8am theatre slot :wacko:

This is all in the hope PET doesn't get me again a few days earlier, I never made my date with Amber...so we shall see, if it happens again they will just deliver as needed.

He is still the baby with no name :haha: we can't agree!!

:rofl: deja vu?? :rofl:

Alex did ok dani. Because she's going to speech groups soon, this interaction may help in other areas too, so they aren't too worried. They are taking her IVH more seriously though, and although her right side isn't as obviously stiffer as it used to be, we've to monitor it as she says it could rear it's head somehow :/ no liking that but to get this far was only a dream 2 years ago.

Little update on me.(btw i still havent been added to the front page yet)
I had a cervical length done at 24 weeks and my cervix is still measuring 3.7cm which i am so happy about. I was dilated 1cm at 24wks last pg and am still closed as of right now, i get checked again next wk. Hope everyone is going well.

Hi ladies,
I know I don't keep up to date in here, I just wanted to pop back in with a quick update.

Turns out I do have pre-eclampsia again, I got diagnosed a few weeks ago at 30+6 - not bad considering Sam was born at 30+5. I'm 32+3 now, and the pre-e is taking hold properly as my BP is climbing steadily, but my consultant is hopeful that we will make it to 34+3 so has booked my c-section for then. Now I'm just counting down the days!!!

Unfortunately they also think I have gestational diabetes which makes steroids for the lungs much more complicated apparently. So I'm so NOT looking forward to the blood stealing to come and finding out if I do indeed have GD or not. Would love any info anyone has on preterm PET delivery with GD and steroids etc etc!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->